Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus that is a lot a people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Vox Nihili posted:

Cool now it will be only scammers. Who the gently caress else is going to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars? Only someone seeking an immediate return.

Or Saudi PR operations

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what will happen is that an economy of middlemen will pop up who buy $100/month API access and then parcel it out in smaller quantities to people who don't want to spend $100/month on twitter. a policy literally designed to just create a layer of leeches between the service and the user. capitalism ftw

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dustcat posted:

https://twitter.com/ValueAnalyst1/status/1565487463606456324

this is a bazinga projecting future price for FSD based on the value it would have to drive hobos around while you're at work

This is just that Disco Record Sales chart from The Simpsons lol

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
they are going to charge the twitter developers to use the api

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

nikosoft posted:

I know he put the tilda in there but I'm still big mad. ~100 would be like 99 or 102 or so, not 149!

I mean that’s an existing pricing tier for a particular, different set of API calls for searching. I’ve been being an insufferable pedant pointing this out to people thinking that was the new API price set. That there is no pricing yet set for something that’s supposed to happen NEXT WEEK is ridiculous, of course, but that chart wasn’t it.

I admit I…did not expect him to toss out that much a month. LOL. lmao.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It’s 500 API calls, Michael. What could it cost, $150?
                                                                                          \

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Casey Finnigan posted:

the verified mark is to indicate that you are a Verified Mark

Sounds like someone can't afford rube-tier pricing :smuggo:

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
im dead

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

PyPy posted:

im dead

interesting, or infuriating, same difference. the important thing is that you farm engagement no matter how!

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

This is just that Disco Record Sales chart from The Simpsons lol

okay so whats wild about this is that hes not talking about the value of some commodity on the market, he's talking about how much Tesla is charging for a service! he's treating FOMO as an investment. and what's wild is from what I've read of Tesla guys a LOT of them genuinely think of it that way! Not only have they blindly accepted that the cost is directly connected to the value of the product instead of just, yknow, greed, they're also assuming

-that the price will keep going up until it's only purchasable by people wealthy enough that they probably can afford the services of a chauffeur
-that their service contracts can't be easily voided by Tesla with some bullshit excuse
-that they will be able to sell their 15-year old ELECTRIC CAR and transfer the rights to FSD in the transaction

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

A good use case of chatGPT

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

some kinda jackal posted:

\

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Jazerus posted:

what will happen is that an economy of middlemen will pop up who buy $100/month API access and then parcel it out in smaller quantities to people who don't want to spend $100/month on twitter. a policy literally designed to just create a layer of leeches between the service and the user. capitalism ftw

finally twitter pivoting to web3

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Failson posted:

Oh and even then it would only work if you owned the car. buy another Tizzla or sell the existing one, and there goes FSD.

Here's a possibly fake video from China with working autonomous driving:

https://twitter.com/thinking_panda/status/1620628840224813056

tehres points where cars are blocking the camera and theres people behind it on the mapping visualization and other parts where cars block the camera and people arent visible lol

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

some kinda jackal posted:

\

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I personally respect Elom is going hands first in trying to kill twitter unlike that coward thiel using the hulkster to kill gawker

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Failson posted:

Oh and even then it would only work if you owned the car. buy another Tizzla or sell the existing one, and there goes FSD.

Meanwhile at tesla...

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

PyPy posted:

im dead

Concerning

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

i don't think elon musk knows how bots work

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Dustcat posted:

https://twitter.com/wongmjane/status/1621263891169964034

oh yeah this won't drive users nuts at all, people love these things

That and captchas are trivial to mechanical turk away

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

stolen from the 219

i can parse about 50% of this and lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

talk about hosed in the head

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

ram dass in hell posted:

i can parse about 50% of this and lol

that's what makes memes good

the more you understand on the internet the worse it is

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

it's api access, michael, what could it cost? a hundred dollars?

e: ugh beaten

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Xenos_RIFS/status/1621264561637851137

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if elong's lost The Classical Conservative whom doest he have left

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

elon, sitting in a meeting, after having fired fifteen people: very well. you win. now go and find the people who agreed with me earlier

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Promoted tweet

https://twitter.com/HelloMaxDev/status/1620767674094571523?t=L7_lpSP1nJvBhHXV6kVeDA&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2DCAT posted:

Meanwhile at tesla...

thank god it stopped

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

2DCAT posted:

Meanwhile at tesla...

i'm the photographer with the camera in her hands who was not taking any pictures of the tesla emergency braking trial

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Failson posted:

lol at 1:22 where it tries to ram a cyclist

the original video (not a douyin repost) is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v036bBD31o
and has dubbed audio of the autonomous system complaining about other people

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

28 tips per day?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

2DCAT posted:

Meanwhile at tesla...

new tesla bot is moving a lot more realistically though!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

anime was right posted:

tehres points where cars are blocking the camera and theres people behind it on the mapping visualization and other parts where cars block the camera and people arent visible lol

It tracked them before the blocking vehicle and is showing them maintaining course and speed. That's kind of exactly what it should do. This wasn't a perfect run but extremely impressive imo.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

any idea what sensor array? assuming there isnt someone in the back seat with an xbox controller… it navigated getting passed, cut off by delivery vans and complex intersections very safely. extremely impressive imo.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

2DCAT posted:

Meanwhile at tesla...

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

SpaceGoku posted:

back when he was merely running tesla and spacex he used to call himself a "nanomanager" because he thought being a micromanager was a positive trait and of course nano- is one more better than micro-

nano dick is one more better than micro dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

stolen from the 219

Tag yourself I'm "parses html with regex" because I've done that the one time I wrote a scraping script lmao I'm bad