Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'd rather Citibank go bankrupt than Tesla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lambert posted:

I'd rather Citibank go bankrupt than Tesla.

I'd rather Citi get carefully dismantled by a morally forthright government who turns their skyscraper into public housing and christens the new Trotsky Tower with the guillotine executions of the entire board of Citi than have it go bankrupt under this government

tesla going bankrupt really doesn't harm anyone innocent beyond the immediate joblessness of their factory workers who will undoubtedly be better off with new jobs elsewhere.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

more like a thousand puts :haw:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Are the people on robin Hood still buying what the institutional investors are loading off? I'm still getting Robin Hood ads in my podcasts where they advertise with "a free share in popular companies like Tesla"

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord Stimperor posted:

Are the people on robin Hood still buying what the institutional investors are loading off? I'm still getting Robin Hood ads in my podcasts where they advertise with "a free share in popular companies like Tesla"

yep, basically

I can't find the graph but number of individual holders keeps rising steadily as the value drops

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Lord Stimperor posted:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Everyone loves discount stock.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

okay, well, low key. but they enabled full debug logging in the kernel on their half-assed ubuntu port that runs everything, so now the ssds they use for the ecu/mcu are hitting their write limits and failing, permanently. meaning the entire system needs to be replaced, oh, and btw your odometer hasn't worked since poo poo failed, so be sure to note that on your insurance.

Last page but hoooooly poo poo

do you have a link or is this a green forum inside baseball thing?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Shakenbaker posted:

Last page but hoooooly poo poo

do you have a link or is this a green forum inside baseball thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-7b1waoj9Q

thats the video thats the source of that talk i think

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s going to own when Tesla accidentally bricks their fleet when they shut down the servers.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bulgakov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-7b1waoj9Q

thats the video thats the source of that talk i think

Thanks! I wasn't really aware at all of the grey market tesla stuff either, so that was fun insight to get

like it puts the whole insurance company issues with tesla into the realm of perfectly reasonable, which is a weird place to be mentally

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

how the gently caress?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Karl Sharks posted:

how the gently caress?

the check is still in the mail, also did I tell you how very smart you are for buying a tesla? You're so smart, you're smarter than all the others. When the time comes you'll be able to be so smug because you're so smart

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

"I'm getting a bit apprehensive"

*tapping sarcasm detector*

Weird, is it showing 0 for everyone else too?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Karl Sharks posted:

how the gently caress?

probably wants the cheapest model with no options which tesla is gonna get around to eventually, we promise

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Tesla couldn't figure out how to make the base Model 3 for a profit, they only deliver them to people who accept the upsell to the expensive versions. They removed the base from the website completely last month, if anybody still believes they will ever be able to get that car, lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
198 pre market. :getin:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

ratbert90 posted:

198 pre market. :getin:

This is edging.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

All good news today bois

https://twitter.com/markbspiegel/status/1131155523674492928

https://twitter.com/tool_grinder/status/1131178655382687744

https://twitter.com/scot_work/status/1131022442623688704

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
Humans are terrible drivers and cannot be trusted piloting a car!

Introducing Tesla's Auto Pilot that drives the car for you!

But it requires human intervention all the time to be safe to use!

But humans are terrible drivers and cannot be trusted piloting a car!

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
people who think they can drive safely are DUMB

people who think they can babisit our untested early access AI that explicitly does keep making mistakes all the time safely are GENIUSES

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

oh word? wow, i bet no one could have foreseen this!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/passthebeano/status/1131157389816750081

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I saw 3 Teslas during my commute today. Can't argue with facts, folks, they're here to stay.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
well, at least until they need service

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

just plug in two 120v cords!!

I'm through the looking glass and can't tell if this is a joke

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

LastInLine posted:

I'm through the looking glass and can't tell if this is a joke

It works if you pick two outlets which are out of phase of each other

https://quick220.com

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Back below 200 in daytrading for now!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Teal posted:

more like a thousand puts :haw:

Beautifully put :golfclap:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmao

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

At which point they will be there to stay :D

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Thinking about Muskie stewing and getting angrier and angrier as things go great for his sworn enemies makes me smile.

Tesla's plunging stock has handed Elon Musk's most loathed enemies, short sellers, $1 billion of profits in May

Some Highlights:

Elon Musk has long derided Tesla short sellers. The CEO has targeted them on Twitter, suggested the practice be outlawed, joked about their connection to the Securities and Exchange Commission, and has reveled in their losses when the stock is going higher. Now as the stock and debt prices of his electric-car maker fall under intense pressure and Wall Street rushes to curb its enthusiasm, he's in essence handing them everything they've wanted.

With shares down 16% in May, the stock is on track for its worst month since March 2018 — when it fell 22%. The plunge in Tesla's share price has given short sellers $1.07 billion in mark-to-market profits this month, and has them on track for one of their best months since 2016, according to the financial-analytics firm S3 partners.

They have made $3.8 billion in paper profits this year as shares are on track for their worst annual performance on record, having plunged 38% through Monday. Over the last three years, short sellers lost more than $5 billion betting against the electric-car maker.

...watchdogs have once again called into question the safety of Tesla's Autopilot feature. While the company has defended the feature, the National Transportation Safety Board said last week in a preliminary report it was engaged during a fatal March crash involving a Model 3 sedan.

"Tesla's stock price will have to get back over $300/share for shorts to be deeply in the red again and the threat of a short squeeze to be valid," Dusaniwsky wrote. "Winter almost came for Tesla short sellers, but now it looks more like Spring is in full bloom."

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I'm just gagging for the hillbillies, tweakers, and assorted car crazies to get bricked teslas for scrap prices.

Going to be some beautiful insanity.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Failson posted:

I'm just gagging for the hillbillies, tweakers, and assorted car crazies to get bricked teslas for scrap prices.

Going to be some beautiful insanity.

Tbqh I'd really, really love to get my hands on the motor or a couple, specifically.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Put one in a Fiat 126P, put in the supercaps that'll propel it for like five kilometers. That sounds fun.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Teal posted:

Tbqh I'd really, really love to get my hands on the motor or a couple, specifically.

I remember a few years ago, a goon in AI electrified his tractor.

It was glorious.

I expect a lot more like that in the near future.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
die DIE DIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

cargo cult posted:

die DIE DIE

197, very niiiice