Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

SelenicMartian posted:

The list isn't even close to complete. The inventors of diving suits and submarines could alone make up a page.

Science advances one funeral at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I still have absolute faith that Elong will become king of the Morlock commuter class.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
hopefully this is but the first of many billionaires that hero of the people grimes will seduce and destroy

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Agrajag posted:

i prefer the guy that goes splat from entering the slow zone

:hai: beltalowda

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
so, car bad?

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

infernal machines posted:

if you're looking to make stupid bets, why not just buy bitcoins?

i put some of my money under my mattress and other monies in a hole in the ground this is called "diversification"

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

i'd say he gave off a strong middle-aged lesbian vibe but that would be rightly considered a hate crime

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
basically the dwarf dishwashing scene in hobbit 1 but it's elon & the board shredding documents

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought Newt bailed on things on their death bed

newt still has faith that man will put a zoo on mars

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought Newt bailed on things on their death bed

also that's loving savage

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

disrupt global warming by leaving your freezer door open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

FCKGW posted:

Waymo is a 10 year old company spun out from the company that has some of the best data scientists in the world. They have logged more miles than every other autonomous service combined and have spent the past 2 years doing intense autonomous driving testing in the Pheonix area. They still haven't launched a driverless taxi yet and say level 5 autonomy is 20 years away at a minimum.

But I'm sure Elon can bang that out over the summer, sure.

when the cars are all in tunnels we will not need steering he has cut the gordian knot