Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Baxate posted:

this is Elon’s mother (who’s Twitter he posts from) and brother, noted Tesla board member and I’m still just lolling at this pic

Those carrots are loving store bought, they still have the rubber band around them

these pieces of poo poo haven't worked a day in their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

not that anyone was expecting that picture to have even a little authenticity to it but I bet they think vegetables come out of the ground with the bands on them

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

CoolCab posted:

lets play: unbelievable dangerous design or insurance fraud!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-47427311

I know it's not the intent but the phrasing "accidental ignition" briefly made me think that there are supposed to be purposeful ignitions, and with Teslas you can never tell

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Waffle House posted:

It’s a hazard in low-to-the-ground cars, generally. Google, “snow in car undertray” and you’ll see that Focus and Nissan Leaf owners among others have the same problem.

Why is it so common to design a car with the assumption it will never be used anywhere but a desert and then sell it outside of the desert?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bulgakov posted:

or its from other cars skidding off that same curve while also going too fast :shrug:

there's plenty of other easy and sure reasons to laff at tesla tho :shrug:

that wouldn't really make it any better

even if autopilot correctly identified the turn and was trying to make it, it still was making the turn at an unsafe speed that resulted in an unsafe outcome

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Siljmonster posted:

Genius billionaire has nothing to do but post memes and play on Twitter.

it's astounding to me that he's a billionaire business owner but he still desperately seeks approval from online nerds

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

TheDon01 posted:

How the hell does one go through 3 cars of a model that's only like 4 years old?

he's really committed to impressing internet nerds by spelling out S3XY with the model designations

edit: I misunderstood but I'll leave that

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I knew he doesn't know anything about anything and just likes to say "yes, and we can also do..." to every idea people pitch at him like a real-life version of Chris Roberts but this is just :discourse:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

aside from the lack of a magnetosphere, the low gravity of mars seems to be something that wouldn't be great but I don't see anyone mention that

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I've always assumed that "the boring company" is a joke name he thought of while drunk or high that got out of hand and became a real company

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hub Cat posted:

Apparently they built a tower out of them at the tunnel unveiling. It looks worse than I could have imagined

what the gently caress this isn't how you're supposed to build brick walls :psyduck:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

TheDarkFlame posted:

So given this system is such a half-baked shitshow, how is it allowed to operate on public roads? The other video posted earlier in the thread clearly shows the driver intentionally not being in control on a road with oncoming cyclists, as well as examples of the system clearly not working properly and being a potential hazard on the roads. Is his entire channel just him demonstrating that he's not in control of the car, and making excuses for when it doesn't stay on the road?

governments are cowards who let anyone with enough money and recognition muscle in

it's why no one has put a stop to jitney services

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't know, Matt Damon grew potatoes in his crews poop over there

that's also the movie where his habitat explodes and he tapes it back up

yup on that planet with <1% of the atmospheric pressure of earth at sea level you can fix things with some plastic wrap and tape; i watched the movie thinking it could have teeth and be interesting but it was just a fun romp with no danger after the first couple of minutes

I don't know where this meme came from where mars is exactly like earth and is a perfect 1:1 replacement except for the fact that it's red and has less oxygen and water

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I wish people would figure out that stock markets are gambling for the ultra rich and have no bearing on economic success

This should be apparent by stocks dropping from false reports that the white house was attacked and poo poo but I guess not

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

cool even if we can have cars that can be nearly silent they'll still be able to loudly broadcast how small the driver's dick is

I get that some noise can be a safety feature for pedestrians but please just make it like a UFO warble or warning beep that doesn't carry very far or something instead

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

tesla insurance should be really expensive until they ditch "autopilot" and make them less prone to randomly catching fire

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

coming from the guy who styles himself as a self-made genius visionary who will save the world singlehandedly

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Someone replied in there that it's racked

In this day and age :psyduck:

Am I really so out of touch?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

There's this Youtuber who calls himself The Woz but he's like this 20 year old kid and it's like bitch you didn't earn that nickname

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

...are you???

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Good

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

yeah the difference is that most people into musk don't want to bang him but want to be him

I don't know how a gormless mush-mouthed south african apartheid beneficiary has managed to sell himself as a rick-like nerd hero but here we are

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

that reminds me of when I was talking to one of my students a couple of years ago about his capstone project

he was investigating using tesla battery packs as grid-connected power storage. I asked him "why tesla packs specifically they're just bundles of standard cells" and his answer was essentially "but tesla"

I didn't know some mad loving lads were actually doing that irl

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I hate how firefighters and EMTs, who actually do good work helping people, get lumped in with cops under a general "emergency services" umbrella

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Entorwellian posted:

Oh for fucks sake. That video is horrifying :(
Why are these allowed on the roads?

governments don't do anything about companies that muscle in without regard for regulations or laws as long as they have enough money

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

haha love the car though :P XD

Powershift posted:

lol, remember lead? I sure don't for some reason

So we'll have to deal with lithium battery fires and robocars killing people for a few decades before a politician decides that maybe it's a bad idea to let the company do this poo poo

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I was more going for the poor QC on the battery packs that causes spontaneous combustion, but yeah the real problem are the autopilot deaths

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

baka kaba posted:

I mean it's both right? they shouldn't be allowed to gently caress around with this stuff. accidents happen and the car should be designed to minimise the danger to its occupants (and other people) but that doesn't seem to be tesla's attitude in any way

safety isn't disruptive

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm a nuclear engineer and I think this is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen someone say about nuclear technology

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

musk is so bad at creation that everything hehis company makes catches fire and I bet if he tried to cook something it would come out purple

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Krankenstyle posted:

even aubergines?

they would catch on fire

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Platystemon posted:

That sounds like exactly the kind of bullshit Google’s algorithms would believe.

It has, in past searches I have made, decided that “14.7 V” is a synonym for “12.1 V” and that “July 1915” and “August 1914” are actually the same month.

I really hate when google thinks it knows better than me about what I want to find and it hinders my search by crapping it up with things it thinks are synonyms

I get that tons of people typing in search queries are idiots who don't know what they want but at least let me turn that off and just search for the precise literal string I entered

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

That's robbing him of agency because roofies don't make you constantly say stupid poo poo

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Admiral Ray posted:

say what you will about Steve Jobs, but at least he's dead

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

i hope the solar panels burn down his lovely non-euclidean mcmansion

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

someone tell nasa they didn't need to equip the apollo spacecraft with life support after all and that people can survive a trip to the moon without environmental control and oxygen supplies and CO2 scrubbers

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

infernal machines posted:

yeah, in terms of terrible engineering failures, i think eventually the tesla doors could be taught along side Therac-25

yes and also half-baked self driving poo poo being rushed to market

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

How dumb are you to not know what a tree is holy gently caress

Like go outside once in your life

:thejoke:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

iospace posted:

Given how car makers are universally cheap, I wouldn't be shocked if they would cheap out on the housing in the name of saving a buck.

Tesla will disrupt flywheel housings by making them out of 1mm aluminum to save weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

BMan posted:

my collision is augmented