Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Why did Musk get a gf if he already had all of reddit sicking his dick 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

ELON: I'm here to disrupt a monopolistic industry that for too long has shut out the private consumer. SpaceX will soon be launching its nuclear weapons program, and I'm confident we will be able to bring the innovation, creativity and efficiency of private industry to this long-stagnant field.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Elon: I'm going to engineer the poo poo out of this
Headlines next day: 8 children die in hilarious death tube

Real headlines next day: Unfortunate Yet Necessary Setbacks as Tesla Founder's Brilliant Hose Tech Nears Completion (And How To Get YOUR Hands On One!)

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Remember when he blamed the helpless passenger of an automated car that crashed itself lol

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Every one of his mindless fanboys on twitter and reddit uses "what have YOU done??" as if it's some definitive Own or checkmate

Also I was in providence today and I drove behind the very first tesla I have ever seen out in the wild. The driver wasn't very good.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016960469737693184?s=19

Our Lord is very disappointed in each and every one of us. Mars Ticket Status: REVOKED

Having all your fanboys tell you "haters gonna hate" over and over is a surefire way to avoid any and all constructive criticism

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Tunicate posted:

just point out pipes are tubes lol

Elon Musk is a space pirate

Don't tell him about phazon

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Musk is a non-engineer who attempts to do engineering, so it makes sense that he would think to use non-plumbers for plumbing

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Found a friend of a friend defending Musk on facebook.

quote:

Elon Musk DOES pay his workers a living wage...he pays $17-$21 an hour which is lower than the average car manufacturer wage ($29.04), but every employee gets insanely good stock options. With the stock options, it actually is projected to equal out to more than the average.
He doesn't really make money off of what he does. Due to california state law he is forced to pay himself $37,000, but other than that he gives any money to research and his company.

Bolding mine.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

has someone told him "nice meltdown" yet

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

It's pretty entertaining to see even reddit turning on Musk

even reddit

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

inside job

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

My previous car was a 1999 corolla, this speaks to me on a very personal level.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

so uhhhhh Tesla just got a credit downgrade from Hold to Sell based on accelerating order cancellations. And there's a bunch of rumors all over the place about inflated production numbers, just like the whistleblower is alleging. Apparently like ~10000 of the vehicles reported as produced or 'factory gated' never showed up anywhere and are totally MIA....?

:yikes:

Oh yeah well what have YOU done?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Reality Loser posted:

Vancouver has electric buses running on suspended power cables, with an arm going from the top of the bus, kind of like how bumper cars keep charged.

This is how the green line of boston's subway works.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Because he's her constant

don't bring euler into this

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

In this thread a guy takes his coworker for a drive in his new Tesla and it stops working a mile in, forcing him to call an Uber back for the colleague
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/delivery-dramas.123548/

I’m going to answer this as though you are a real person who is frustrated with their car rather than a troll. 

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

It's darkly amusing to see all these people like "So I got my Tesla, and it's an awesome car (aside from the multiple extremely dangerous malfunctions less than a month after purchase)!"

You must preface all forum posts with unconditional praise for Musk and Tesla or you get banned.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Lol at all of the forum fanboys calling him fat

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Alexa, how fast am I going?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Spatial posted:

Also, the rear doors? In the event of a power failure the only way to open them is to take off the speaker grille and pull on a little wire.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

this thread never fails to lower my expectations

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

My friend has a DSLR camera with a broken screen on the back. Unfortunately Nikon put all the manual controls on the screen, in the software level, so you can't really do much unless you replace the screen. If it had knobs or other physical buttons for this purpose it wouldn't have this issue.

Tesla thought this was a good idea.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

You must have been using the steering wheel wrong, muskrat. I've found that putting small slats of plywood between the dashboard (which is wonderfully nonfunctional) and the steering wheel should resolve this issue, and I'm completely okay with my $100k car being that way.

Hint: you can pop the hood if you remove the glass from the ceiling light and unscrew the bulb halfway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Lol if you got the maple bag of wood shims for your tesla. We all know the superior shim material is cedar.