Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Elon helped the kids help themselves by giving them the means to ride the gently caress out of Flint to idk somewhere I guess *disruption*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Thanks for the endorsement sloppy twitch gamer guy

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Putting the kids back in is just disrupting the cave rescue industry

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Elon Musk
Go to Gulag

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

Also, I don't know what gross poo poo people did on them. Even if they're cleaned and refurbished.

Lol u ever sleep in a hotel room op?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
My wife bought my SMALL TODDLER SON a table and chairs from Ikea and these things are bare bones, but very solid. Everything i've seen from Ikea isn't poo poo, it's solid but very practical, no flair, very Scandanavian??

These toddler chairs support my immense girth no problem.

Also Elon Musk is a retard

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Looks like a good way to gently caress up your groin

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

I have an older CTS-V, and as much as I hate Tesla they're not alone in this bad setup for electronic doors. I mean, the manual door opening handles on my car are very much out in the open and conspicuous by the driver and passenger's foot (not behind a fuckin speaker), and pulling it opens both doors and the trunk, but from the outside, unless you have the key that's hidden in the FOB (there is a spot to put it on the trunk that does the same thing as the inner handles), only way you're getting unconscious people out if the power is cut is by smashing the window and dragging them out (or reaching in and grabbing the handle, but there is a very close to 0 chance a rescuer is going to know it's there).

So it's bad, not as bad as ol' Musky's but it's close.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

"This tactic allegedly resulted, this person said, in tens of hundreds of millions of dollars in phantom revenue."

Whoah that's a weird way to write billions

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

f is right next to r, though.

Ah, that makes mofe sense

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

WampaLord posted:

lmao at this combo

lol @ a retard who thinks a car that's been under water has any value, especially one where every function is electronic

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Tesla lost more money than expected on more revenue than expected lol buy buy buy this is healthy

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

This thread very much emphasizes the negative.

But media car reviewers are constantly in awe of these products. Top Gear did a glowing review of the X, for instance.

I believe the information I've seen in this thread, but surely everyone should be throwing their pocket change into shorting/puts on Tesla right now, right? Especially in advance of the earnings call. That's what I'm doing. Or is this just intended as pure schadenfreude?

Markets aren't rational, op. Better to throw dice instead.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/Recode/status/1024750685416509440

I keep making more cars but I keep losing more money.

Someone good with manufacturing please help, my VC's are starving

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
The model s actually looks nice every other Tesla i've saw'd on the road looks ugly as gently caress, like someone used a duck billed animal's head as inspiration. Gull wing doors are also the campiest poo poo, you gotta be stupid to want that.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

ChristsDickWorship posted:

by order of montana
we ban that bougie car
twitter drag the faithful
of the stupid tesla cars
but the saudi princes bought out
the electric death drum
the local stock shorter
looked extremely loving dumb
as soon as elon cleared the market
they began to bark

elon don't like it
mock the tesla
mock the tesla

Lolol

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Can someone post that "Elon Musk go to Gulag" thing again?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Did they mention how he saved all those Thai kids and also Flint, Michigan?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

orange sky posted:

He built the boring company because he didn't like traffic one day and he didn't remember the subway existed

And he's spent millions on that poo poo only because he can't admit that

He also forgot that tunneling companies exist, and know how to bore tunnels better than a dude from scratch. Kind of like how he forgot car manufacturing companies existed when he started Tesla

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Why would Apple, a company whose business is printing however much money they feel like, want to diversify into something much less lucrative

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Lol why does Elon Musk deserve any credit for putting a big target on his back because he has brain issues, and his spectacular failure will only serve to bolster arguments against EV's. I guess slow and steady isn't the tech way but I mean he could have served the movement better by not letting his ego get in the way

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

FRINGE posted:

I wish this much internet troll energy went into pulling down Koch or Adelson or something more useful.

lol turn on you're monitor

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Genocide all gamers

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah you sure told him, Elon wanted to rip those out
https://twitter.com/Ben56542436/status/1044359880059101184

Lol railroad city this guy lives in rl Chuggington

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Keeping true with Car Citizen business plan, the "idea" of a car doesn't require a VIN, and that's made Tesla more valuable than most other auto manufacturers so checkmate.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Humans of late capitalism, "is it maybe not right to spend 85,000 not-crypto dollars on a vehicle where the doors open when I don't want maybe?? Not sure?!?!"

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Yeah fuckin SEC filing in NY where the stock market is, where the goddamn damage occurred, must be a bunch of cowards!

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
It's funny that the "the CEO of a 50B company is so loving stupid he didn't know that his blatant lie was violating securities law" is believable enough the SEC wouldn't take their chances.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

ShortStack posted:

I've spent my entire career in and out of various automotive manufacturers. I've seen a lot of poo poo at both suppliers and OEMs and I can safely say that Tesla has no idea how to manufacture cars. It's really not that hard, we've been doing it for over a century by now.

Oh really? Did you ever see an assembly line running so fast aerodynamics needed to be considered?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Crisis averted Tesla set to open +16% today

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

bing bang theroy

gschmidl posted:

This is funnier and more accurate than it should be.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

To be fair, it's not like your average driver is going to put their Tesla on a track. A car that is quiet, rides comfortably, and accelerates quickly will be fun to drive. In that sense, it's a good car.

Of course, if they make a ton of lovely Teslas that explode because they were rushing to hit an arbitrary number before EOQ, that is kind of a problem.

It's only fair to compare its performance against performance cars on the track, since that's what Tesla and Tesla owners do.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

What the gently caress are these "cryptic" posts, it reads like Q, but both dumber and lamer, yet people keep quoting that poo poo like it's something insightful

Turn on ur fuckin monitor

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Musk is a generous B list and Grimes is for sure D

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Teal posted:

Tesla: "Uh, hello, are you erm, are you okay?"

*Groans, face bloodied, smashed to bits*

Tesla: "I uh, I think you might want to get the airbags checked, I think they might not be working"

This is some loving undertale level poo poo

*mumbles through smashed jaw*

I love car

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

vivisectvnv posted:

Really bud? if you think THAT ANYONE would be able to actually foster and be a good advocate for actual scientific discussion in the public sphere you are sadly mistaken and considering that we live in an age where a loving OCEAN of primary source literature is available a few clicks away, it absolutely loving kills me as someone who is passionate about the tenants of basic scientific research

The only thing i can possibly hope for is that people are at least just a tiny bit curious to inform themselves in a concrete way.

And BTW, Tyson is largely, although again his was a bit glib with his statements, about sex in context of evolution and the "biologist" who i guess jumped on him are really bad loving scientist to blankly just shut down that argument, especially considering that the neuronal/sensory apparatus associated with sexual organs connecting them to a CNS happened WAY down the tree. Not to mention the actual neuronal and sensory evolution of what we perceive as "pain" is still largely up for debate.

You can hate Tyson for his pedantic poo poo, but those supposed biologist are just as bad for using their "I'm a biologist" badge.

And oh yeah, nobody is a loving "biologist", it is a MASSIVE umbrella, so unless one of those people shutting him down has spent his career mired in the field of evolutionary biology or comparative vertebrate physiology, they shouldn't be so confident in blankly dismissing his statement.

Sorry, I know this is a C-SPAM thread about Musk, but just had to get that off my chest.

Lol source your quotes

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Hot gently caress ppl are still talking about Tyson itt

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Poniard posted:

rokos basilick my balls

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Is this the thread we tall about NDT being a sex pest in?

https://twitter.com/KUTV2News/status/1068885648973619200?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

Jose posted:

What happens with maintenance on Tesla's once the company goes bust does your car become hosed?

Iron Crowned posted:

I predicted somewhere that all the Teslas would get bricked, which is my favorite option

"Don't get me wrong, I love the brick,"