Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

What's his solution for depression? Stop being sad? Smile more?

No dummy, have your parents give you their emerald mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Is it supposed to do that?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m thinking about buying a Tesla what do you guys think?

Maybe call a help line if you're having thoughts of self harm.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

haha does your precious little subway have a whoopie cushion feature and allow you to play minecraft?????????????

checkmate

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Apparently this has issues with ice and freezing rain.

I wonder if there was any thought to people with disabilities as well...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

infernal machines posted:

it has issues with frost

a cold night can freeze those handles in place, as demonstrated by a bunch of very surprised canadians their first winter owning a model 3

I'm assuming they assumed every Canadian with enough money to pay for a model 3 (like they're 80k up here) has a garage and will never park that thing outside ever

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I'm loving dying laughing. Enjoy your 60% battery life in subzero temperatures too. I bet they don't tell ya aboot that either in the dealership app (???)

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah he redeems himself with this:
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1286677935580160000

That said:
https://clickhole.com/heartbreaking-the-worst-person-you-know-just-made-a-gr-1825121606/

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

And he's right about that. I'm pissed the Ontario Government hosed their EV credits off too. That 2019 Leaf was going to be sick for me

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

in before the car doesn't factor in slopes leveling off and shoots full throttle into a wall or something

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Plank Walker posted:

amazing, once we implement 4th dimensional hyper navigation we will finally solve the previously impossible problem of getting a car to go up a hill

to be fair - trains have a really hard time going up hills and they're on traaaaaaaacks

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Do you guys think Elon is surface level memery or will he call his 4.5d autonomous driving program the "4d3d3d3"?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

New Tesla Model line up

Model T
Model A
Model Y
Model N
Model E

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

lol some dude at twitter totally ratted out his info associated with that account

I've seen the tesla episode of silicon valley - they'll do anything to get one

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I was watching some old music videos on youtube and the algorithm threw up Panic! At The Disco. It seems they've finally passed through their embarrassing steampunk phase and are now in the embarrassing Tesla fan stage.

You can't miss the stupid gull-wing door at the start of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXIgEAGe4U

Don't forget this was the song notorious bread price fixer Mayor Pete fans all embarrassingly danced to before every rally...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Just imagine if we could turn off that part of our brain that clearly paints this man as an insanely egotistical con man and actually buy in to/profit off of other dumb people believing in his stuff.

:sigh:

Oh well. I'll keep postin'

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

gently caress 100 years of lessons learned and safety regulations - we're disruptive and proud of it!

The nice thing is when the car goes up in flames because of the explodey parts in the batteries they'll be really close to the fire truck that'll put out the fire as they've just autopiloted into it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

And those things listed aren't even assembly problems, they're quality problems, indicating that Tesla either does not have an inspection department, or like the welding anecdote earlier, are just using 18 year olds who don't know poo poo about inspection, either of which is very bad.

I would also bet that a lot of the design engineers et al aren't experienced enough in manufacturing and probably struggle with tolerance stack ups. Every single new engineer I ever worked with had problems with tolerancing which then lead to problems all the way down the line to QC people being like "This is technically impossible to inspect"

And that was in aerospace... Not even automotive...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/found-this-little-gem-on-my-55k-model-y.205922/

Absolutely pathetic - both on the build quality front and the fan boys trying to excuse this poo poo - imagine paying 40K with parts held in with trim from Home Depot

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Star Me Kitten posted:

There was one particular personality trait that stuck out to me in every engineer I ever met (which has not been many admittedly) and maybe it was a coincidence, but they always thought they were right about everything. Even if you were to present facts to them, they would just double down on their stance. It was extremely frustrating.

100% correct. The worst thing they do up here in Canada though is knock the table with their little pinky ring they get as emphasis on how smart they are.

Coincidentally the best and most effective Engineers I ever dealt with were the ones with almost no ego and had the balls to accept that they were wrong/incorrect without any fight and were generally nice human beings.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Gaukler posted:

Okay but still then, why the gently caress did the car decide that 150kph was the correct speed? Other than, of course, :tesla:

Because the way those systems work* is you set the maximum speed you want the vehicle to go.

The driver set it to 150kph.

*at least it did in my FIL's tesla 3 I last drove about 18 months ago for the last time - gently caress that thing.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

oxsnard posted:

also their R&D budget is tiny

The whole company is R&D. How else do you justify pieces of wood trim holding in Aluminum condensers with steel strapping?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Things make a lot more sense when you finally accept that Tim Pool and Elon Musk are doing the exact same thing - self diagnosing (or "branding") about 4-10 notches to the left of what they actually are

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Hey guys I found a sweet video of the new tesla fsd self parking feature from an insider at Tesla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1AFW3-2yRA

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Ooop sorry that was the wrong leaked video for the english rollout

Here's the real one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0r-vC-RHkU&t=93s

$70,000 USD

Slotducks has issued a correction as of 16:00 on Oct 13, 2020

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The irony of Elon throwing a fallout theme launch party for his 1 mile long hot wheels tunnel is so loving cursed...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Never stop musking.
SO PROFOUND

https://twitter.com/meharris/status/1317135261499760640

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

13 people per minute is absolutely hilarious.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

Wow sounds like musk could make a fortune if he bids on contracts to supply arctic/antarctic research stations and remote desert communities, wonder why he doesnt

It's too easy

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/Keubiko/status/1318252723066839040

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Three Olives posted:

Design validation and quality control didn't catch the bumper just, falling of because you drove through a puddle but TRUST, the rest of the car is amazing!

Tesla isn't ISO certified in anyway that I could find. Verification and Validation is likely handwaved away their Quality Control is poo poo and I bet their Quality Assurance is even worse.

These are "Prototypes" anyhow so it doesn't matter that the back bumpers were probably Drawn, Reviewed, and approved by the same person. Along with a revision level of Initial Release and redlined to poo poo.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

It's just aggressive weight savings - probably a remnant from Elon's time in the space hanger - something something $1,000,000 for every oz saved of weight

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I'm a preferred customer at my dealership I get nitrogen filled bumpers

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Donny last night said that Solar Power isn't the solution - do you think Elon's still gonna vote for him?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Do you think his assistant is going to bring it up?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Everything is in beta and not production so it's not beholden to any regulatory requirements!

~ ~ It's a prototype lol still love the car though ~ ~

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Remember kids,

It's fake news until it's not

https://insideevs.com/news/449623/tesla-calling-model-y-owners-roof-inspection/

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

are we sure the autopilot isn't just a person from a third world country driving by camera over the internets?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

What happens when two autopilot teslas attempt to gain the same lane or any other conflict? Does the higher end model get priority?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I picture it now - thousands of tesla fanboys all cancelling their insurance because "why do I need that? the car drives itself and it's smarter than me nothing can go wrong"