Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

"Hi, I'm Elon Musk. And this, is Tesla."
*A rocket explodes in midair, showering the payload (an EV car) over the ground with non-extinguishable fire, while in the background a factory robot repeatedly hits a man in the testicles*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6f-opugqY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

ShriekingMarxist posted:

it's 2018 guernica

Shear Modulus posted:

300 more like tesla's current share price lmao

Lote posted:

As an update to this saga, he sold 1 share of Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet's company) worth $300,000.

Double! Triple! M-M-M-M-MONSTER LOL

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Friday 13th 2020 looking really weird

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

most expensive tweet ever y/n

only the one that ultimately causes wwiii could possibly cost more.

-$100/share over the last month.

an entire (real) auto manufacturer in value, poof

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

orcinus posted:

Speaking of Theranos... here’s a reminder on why nothing that comes out of TC should ever be taken seriously:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/11/21/in-defense-of-theranos/

Quisling.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Mercedes unveiled it's own luxury electric car yesterday, in direct competition with tesla. Musky decides the best strategy was to triple down on calling that hero diver a pedo
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1037322957838643200?s=19
:jerry:

Min. 200 mile range, luxury features, won't burst info flames....
:thunk:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol joe already showing more intelligence than the tech journalism industry

I would give anything to have seen Joe interview the Theranos lady

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

call off the SEC - Musk clearly just forgot a period when he said he planned to take tsla private at $4.20/share

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Henry Ford originally split from the Dodge Brothers because they wanted to pay their factory workers less than he wanted to pay them. Elon Musk split from his Head of Accounting because weed flamethrowers LA tunnels holes in batteries and Thai cave boys

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Musk is more like Bruce Banner than Tony Stark. he’s weird and nerdy half the time and then just rages and destroys stock value when hitting green

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

musk has personally built the next evolutions in travel on the ground, in space, underground, and even underwater caves.

one thing is clear: he is searching for the lost chaos emeralds. once he gets them all, he will be unstoppable.

:chaoselon:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

Very Pro Click. We've already seen reports from the sales event that it's staffed by finance people; I bet they're breaking California dealership laws out of sheer desperation as the unsold inventory piles up all over the country.

are there screenshots somewhere? Twitter is the ultimate evolution of unreadable social media

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

what’s Telsa’s failures in a ratio of growing pains for a new company developing an innovative process vs unforced errors because lol Musk 420?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

etalian posted:

Tesla ending up ordering and scrapping $150 million in capex automation equipment due to not doing a PFMEA up front.

lol this is the good stuff

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

The accounting dept just quit op

this...this is good. right?

Elon can just do the accounting himself?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Elon Musk more like Fail’n Husk
His cars fear Hail’n Rust
Company stock Fall’n Bust

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

once again it’s how a hack sci-fi author sees the world.

“Oh look subways are expensive to build! what if they just turned the crank on the drill faster?”
“Actually the drilling itself is basically a solved problem. it’s the cost of labor, including complex chains of suppliers, contractors, union issues, and work stoppages. The cost of building the large caverns that make stations, and the reinforcement. The air flow and smaller tunnels. The complex and expensive legal issues surrounding the enterprise, including land rights, risk apportionment, and liability for damage during construction and after an event that damages surface structures.”
“MAKE THE DRILL FASTER”

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

those dummy union guys WANT to run the drill slow! thats how they screw ya!

*intrepid sci-fi protagonist builds a fleet of super fast moving robots that puts all the lazy union guys out of a job*

*the robots unionize*

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

that’s why his dad invested so much in removing carbon from the ground it was a charity

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I was just wondering how Elon feels today as his company collapses in real time but then I remembered he’s watching a League of Legends tournament lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Were they for real cars on the road? Or phantom cars that are intended to be made?

Because I might want to start my own clean car business and just sell credits for a few years....

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I just screwed around on the website and built a chevy bolt for $40k that is fully loaded, won't fall apart in the rain, and has easily 250+ miles/charge.

I don't even like Chevys and this car looks a million times better than Model S.

e: didn't realize the chevy bolt was different than the chevy volt. The Bolt was Motor Trends Car of the Year 2017, and is a drat impressive full EV. the guys coming up with the names tho... everyone has lost their minds in the car world apaprently

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Teal posted:

I'll have to do the techbro thing and adjust develop one of these "aggregate the most important information in an article" to work on SA threads

and by that I mean it'll just rank posts by the number of times they got emptyquoted

"Teal has revolutionized the way people live, think, and post to each other. Our hope is that everybody will one day be connected on MTquote. Teal also has an idea for a robot that can shake your hand."

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Five thousand? FIVE THOUSAND?! At this time of day, at this time of year, located entirely in your rent?
....Yes!
May I see it?
......No.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Well, Elon, you are an odd fellow, but I must admit you hit a good blunt.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

[cue song]
Elon Musk with his crazy explanations,
The lead attorney's gonna need his medication,
When he hears Muskey's lame exaggerations,
There'll be trouble in town tonight!
[end of song]
ATTY: "EEEEEEElon!"
Elon: Prosecuting Attorney, I was just, uh... just stretching my calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise! Care to join me?
ATTY: Why is there smoke coming out of your lungs, Elon?
Elon: Uhh... no! That isn't smoke. It's steam. Steam from the air friction we're producing! Mmm... fast conveyor! [beat] Ooh...

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

*headbutts calendar*
Just make the five minutes faster!

e: such a good analogy that this process works well for small things but terribly for big picture, real work

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Joe Rogan has destroyed the careers of Milo and Musk. He can have all the DMT float-tank orangutang discussions he wants.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Hey man I don't watch his show or whatever i just know he really loves the Gorilla Channel

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

shiksa posted:

I can't take anyone who gives a moment's serious thought to the "we are living in a simulation" poo poo

it's just so goddamn dumb, you're just saying the basic plot of the matrix and then going "whoooooah" it's just tech bros reinventing the city bus, but with religion this time

`*offesr you another bong rip*
Yes but consider it NNNOOWWWW

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

"This guy dropped out of grad school AND lost hundreds of millions of dollars, he MUST be a genius!"
-SV tech guys

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

misdirectomy posted:

Sorry I've been out of the (hyper)loop, why is Elon Tesla selling bricks?

They can’t get their updates working right

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

no he was wathing the dota tourney

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Real talk: Tesla by all appearances is recruiting heavily for some high level positions. WTF????

E: Also I guess how crazy would someone have to be to take it? They have to know or suspect that the company is folding in a matter of [inaudible time period], right? Would it be a resume booster to join a billion dollar public company....but THIS one?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

lol what if Tesla turns out to be the Pets.com of this generation, and it’s obvious and completely foreseeable collapse triggers a sudden market-clearing crisis collapsing SV?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Theranos’ Holmes did NOT have charisma and was not a smooth talker. She mumbled her way through presentations like a YouTube video game live-streamer. She’s more in line with Zuck level of people skill. She was just lucky enough to be born with a ton of money and connections. actually, unlucky, because she ended up losing money for people of consequence and thus her downfall

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

tried to reinvent literally every wheel in the process.

https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/vehicle-accessories/model-s-21_-turbine-wheel-and-tire-package.html

:lol:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Are there any good EV suvs on or coming to market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

IF I WERE A SUSPICIOUS PERSON INVESTIGATING THIS COMPANY I WOULD DRAW THE FOLLOWING COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL NEGATIVE INFERENCE:
This is clearly a pre-planned communication arranged to create some appearance of grassroots support, there's no way McCaffrey isn't getting something under the table for this. The response is too trite and feels like it was dictated by an attorney