Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

a simple "thank you" to mr musk would have sufficed, diverman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

I Am A Robot posted:

gotta love the internet billionaire defenders who think Elon is actually doing anything to save the world instead of just stealing government money, making horrifically bad ROIs in terms of technology development, and abusing his workers

well he's rich, and capitalism works, so obviously he has to be doing something right

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

you can tell elon's lived a sheltered life because he would've scratched the "rigid metal tube in a tight cavern" idea once he remembered what moving a couch up a stairwell is like

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016110809662066688

ah yes totally a device that will work in tunnels so narrow that divers have to remove their oxygen tanks

it's no good for what it was designed for, and anything it could be actually useful for (getting someone out of a pretty big cave? or maybe a ship at the bottom of the sea?) it's probably not as good as something already existing.

my god he's gonna save us all.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

[Insert WSJ pie chart of a CEO's workweek here]

8 hrs golfing
6 hrs lunch meetings
2 hrs online tie shopping
8 hrs working out

these guys never have any time off phew

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you had any doubts the childsub was anything other than a vanity project (lol), it's that "Thailand is so beautiful" capper in his tweet. Totally divorced from the gravity of the situation.

"glad to hear the football team and their coach were rescued! going to celebrate with some epic bacon at the hotel restaurant!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

he's so unbelievably fragile, holy moly.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Al! posted:

is this dick stanton actually the rescue leader or just the highest ranking guy on the team who spoke english

elon saw a whole lot of non-white people and one white guy, and drawing on his own personal history he knew who was in charge here.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

has musk produced a single email or anything where someone says "please invent a boy tomb" to him? he keeps saying people asked him to help but it sounds like he kinda just stuck his nose in it and insisted he deserved a spot at the table because rich.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1017149641991680002

local billionaire attempting to redirect money towards mouth

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

aaaaaaaaaand the flint mission is proceeding exactly as expected
https://twitter.com/jonbernhardt/status/1017426449131819013

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

"thank you for the amazing opportunity elon!" I scream as a punctured battery spews acid into my face

"i understand why you had to cut my health care, i was no longer contributing to the mission. but i will cherish my time on the tesla cupholder design team for the rest of my short life!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ironically it would've hurt most if he stuck his submarine in the cave and murdered all those kids

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

as if any of this paints elon or anyone involved in a better light lmao

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

akadajet posted:

ol musky is real mad and is calling the real cave rescurers pedos over twitter lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1018497953051258880

holy poo poo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

the onion wizard posted:

drat, I was going to suggest we bully musk into jamming his tube into the cave, looks like its happening anyway!

I'd love for him to shove it through the cave, get it out, and crack the top open and reveal the tube turned into a child sized iron maiden after getting hosed up and damaged

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

Gotham, I have placed 12 schoolchildren in a watery cave. You have 24 hours to purchase my Elon CoffinSub to save them.

speaking of, I was reasonably sure that the rich guy in the new Incredibles movie was supposed to be an industrialist who loved superheroes and wanted to see them in action and so he secretly funded supervillains for them to fight for his amusement

I was close, but I still think my version woulda been better. it was fine, they ripped off speed 2 at the end so that was funny.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Former DILF posted:

I hope he accidentally kills himself blasting off because he's had it up to here with these neurotypical naysayers

"THE MARS MISSION IS NEXT WEEK AND NONE OF YOU ARE INVITED ON MY ROCKET"

*elon types a whole lot of calculations into a rocket, gets into the cockpit, and flies directly into the sun the next day*

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the only reason tesla stock is that high is because of the dumb personality cult around elon.

without a strapping young capitalist face of the company tesla is that company that doesn't make many cars and the ones that do catch fire

yes, the face of the company is calling an internationally renowned hero a pedophile based on where he lives, so it's a bit of a rock and a hard place scenario.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Dairy Tariff posted:

What's this burning sensation

it is my tesla on fire

(to the tune of this really bad song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0HhrwIwp0

~woooooooahhh my TESLA'S on fireeeeee~

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm def not betting the farm against that dude being a pedo but the way the internet works if there were real online evidence we'd know by now.

especially with musk's particular fanbase. I think this guy just has a boner for cave diving and England probably sucks total rear end for any sort of diving at all.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Marzzle posted:

what would you call someone who dives in a cave in Thailand but doesn't live there?

i don't really know, the guy who elon called a pedo actually lives there and is like obsessed w/ that cave, like knew the layout by memory so

you know, you tell me what it sounds like that guy does for a living.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The funniest thing to me is how insanely fragile all these rich/powerful people are. Anytime a billionaire is publicly criticized, they clutch pearls about America becoming Nazi Germany or lash out in a similarly petty fashion to Musk. Literally just spoiled children who don't know how to deal with people not bending to their every whim.

that much money gives you brain parasites, like that poo poo you can get from cats that turns life into hippy new age art

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

elom nusk posted:

Hollywood is a place where people always care about what the public will think of them, and it’s loving sad, and the show felt more like that

word word thats real messed up man

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

elon eating poo poo will be funny for a couple hours until trump gloats on twitter that it wouldnt have happened if Crazy Elon hadnt quit the white house business council. sad!

in what world is a trump-musk Twitter feud not amazing

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

if things go south here in the states then I’m definitely going to Vietnam to survey their version of Bigfoot that has red hair and tosses rocks at people

please let me live in peace

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Bushiz posted:

my secret theory is that they've built like hundreds of AI's and the ones they program with a respect for all life immediately try to kill them for being capitalist psychopaths and the ones they don't program with respect for all life try to kill them for being worthless parasites on the perfect machine.

they could def tweak that thing to respect life at a certain net worth.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

but... she still wants her billionaire boyfriend to make money so, you know, go for it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

for a guy throwing out pedo accusations he sure does seem to have a thing for women who either look or are really young

:thunk:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

creating a religion based around all your favorite dead celebrities and making elon musk your christ figure is an extremely gen x thing to do

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

yeah that's how it's supposed to read

ah yeah now that i clicked through and saw the context it makes more sense

still that would be an exxtremely funny gen xer brokebrain person thing to do, im enjoying imagining it. one of those happy little accidents like bob ross, the demigod of kitchsy little paintings said.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

"this guy cares about the environment a whole lot you guys" - grimey

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

grimes is a commercial product, whatever her record label is told her how to act to be more appealing to their target consumers

daily reminder that the clash was a boy band lmbo

im sorry this is an outrage, the sex pistols were the boy band for the clothing boutique

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

Imo it's pretty disturbing that these people have noticed the car is malfunctioning and being a danger to traffic, but they keep using the faulty feature.

part of being a Tesla owner is beta testing the systems for Elon so he can further mankind and tAkE uS aLl To MaRs

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao what an rear end in a top hat.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Neutrino posted:

Wow, this is an ethical dilemma.

if you hire someone at the exact legal minimum the government will allow people aren't slavishly loyal to your business? hm

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Feranon posted:

it's just natural selection. a chick won't live if it doesn't break out of its egg. a tesla owner won't live if they can't break out of their flaming car

staying alive is a challenge, stop feeling entitled to safety you fuckin snowflakes

the future is exactly like the videogames you love so much, so now every tesla crash is equipped with a real life quick time event so you can feel like your hero drake maverick or whatever the hell.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

quote:

You need to disengage the rear parking brake.

If your car has the 2 calipers on the rear you'd need to remove the inside part of it and manually back out the park brake to release the wheels. If it is a newer vehicle this may be integrated into the single rear caliper.

Or they can just drag it?

tesla, the future of cars. "or they can just drag it?"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

babypolis posted:

my guess is he was just lucky in riding the I loving LOVE SCIENCE wave

pretty much. the world has no shortage of idiots who love anything vaguely scientific, Elon is one of them he just got lucky and had his company bought out by PayPal during the first tech boom, so of course he bought the car company named after the cool hipster science guy.

I mean it's no wonder he's popular with I loving LOVE SCIENCE people or reddit dweebs or the oatmeal, he's doing exactly what they would do with money; waste it on vanity projects and blow the rest by not actually knowing jack about poo poo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Socks4Hands posted:

Does anyone here have contacts with journalists covering Tesla? I'm an international shipping analyst and I believe I've stumbled onto something sufficiently large that it could explain Musk's behavior today.

is your source DEEZ or BOFA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

Well that would be the internet generations, plural, so the next generation still has hope if these horrible nerds don't get laid and have children.

they're being raised on machine created YouTube videos featuring cartoon characters getting pulled into threshers or whatever

need to get these kids on some old fashioned forums. it was good enough for me, my pappy, and my grandpappy, it'll be good enough for them.