Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hey there Musketeers!1

Somebody a few pages back posted an article listing all the brilliant ways Musk is actually bad. I can't remember what page it was, and I would like to show it to an otherwise sensible friend.

tyvm, remember that there's only one Rocketman Elton John William Shatner Kim Jong-un

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Pedo Guy is my elven word for billionaire

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

He's realised he's much better at LARPing a car salesman than a rocket scientist. Maybe he is a super genius!

Also given how his hairplugs and face are going I heard "it costs a lot of money to look this cheap" in my head when I scrolled past this.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Seal Elon's Casket

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Elon can't resist a slapfight.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1279326187559374849

First time in a while where the thread is against Elon. Amazing.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

never forget

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1262076474565242880

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SaTaMaS posted:

1. Try to solve really hard problem
2. Solve much simpler problem
3. Scale up simpler solution
4. ????
5. Solve hard problem?

Its the opposite Star Trek solution thing. Instead of complex problems with technobabble solutions and then a simple understandable analogy, its just all analogy and hoping the people you pay a small amount of your wealth to will handle the tech.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

"Musk must be so smart because he makes it seem so simple!"

Hmm...

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I'm the turderer

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Gods_Butthole posted:

Oh come on, that's probably mostly not true.

They're masturbating.

A new auto-erotic way to die

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

An insane mind posted:

Who the hell is Bezos leaving his money to? He'll never deplete it, even if he throws over ten chrome dicks at the sky a year from now until he dies.

I bet he wants to be buried in a bunker tomb with his wealth and slaves (Amazon employees) like the kings of old.

As per what I've seen him talk about with Blue Origin, he's going to use his money to try and create a space sanctuary for his descendants.

I am not joking.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

An insane mind posted:

Jesus loving christ. Also...what descendants?

IDK pulling from this interview here and something else I read about him a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHZjBVfDhg&t=214s

His whole rant terrifying if you read between the lines as a leftist (or really just somebody with any critical knowledge of what he does) but I've timestamped it to what I paraphrased.

Also found this googling just now https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/23/jef...ace%20stations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The big thing with that "trans" tweet is that
1) using that word in support is, as has been pointed out, incredibly telling of the level of respect he really has
2) people choosing their own pronouns is one of those things that is so personal that it simply shouldn't be a problem for anybody. It's a personal choice with zero impact on anybody else. Opposing it on grounds that it's not "ethscetic" on loving Twitter is more insane then on religious grounds or any other "reason" bigots reach for.
3) it's the white colonial south African blood emerald billionaire, second richest man in the world taking time out of his day to punch down on an opressed group for no reason other than maybe for Reddit points and men's right's retweets or whatever. It's sickening.

He's really a awful human being.

(I know I'm preaching to the choir here/screamin' into the void but if I can't do that then I might actually go insane lol)

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

The moon has been graced with communism.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Zombiepop posted:

My current roomie is a musk fan, its p funny since i can talk about all The stupid poo poo musk does and actually source it. While he goes "he made electric cars popular" , totalt ignoring enviromental legislation and regulations and their effect on manufacturers.
Nope its all musk, the man made it himself. That is how the world works! Just ignore every other expert. This dude believed in the musk tunnelns before i educated him a lil.

Why the hell are his fan boys so incredibly stupid, its like they never read a book or have enormous problems with connecting dots.
Quite scary how people with engineering background and good grades becomes stupid morons when it comes to musky.

People with an engineering background scary?

https://eprints.lse.ac.uk/29836/1/Why_are_there_so_many_Engineers_among_Islamic_radicals_%28publisher%29.pdf

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Mynameismud posted:

It is the only way to solve the problem.
We need to reduce the 400 ppm to 300 ppm.
Reduction of the amount we put in atmosphere cannot solve this.
The earth can solve itself, in thousends of years.

If you know a better solution let us know.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I had a really depressing thought today about how people will remember Musk in the future.

Think about how people remember Henry Ford, a horrific anti-semite and pure capitalist who worked people into cripples remembered as a genius benevolent capitalist.

What I'm saying is if we ate the rich we could just remember them by their tasting notes. So...

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Tias posted:

Also, SpaceX works in a specific field of inquiry where even success shits out a ton of pollution and/or space debris and burns billions of dollars, so maybe do better quality control and research prep

Look at this poor person pretending they know about how to save the world.

Elon is genius.

Trust the plan.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Its some weird consequence of American culture that we have this strong belief and reverence for the concept of an "ideas guy". That if you have a brilliant concept, you deserve to be infinitely wealthy and never have to work again. Its a fantasy of lots of people.

Look at Chris Roberts, or Elizabeth Holmes.

Holmes was a brilliant entrepreneur! Nobody before her ever had the genius idea of "what if we did the star trek hypospray thing but for real" without any idea of how to actually implement it!

Chris Roberts is a programmer without peer who dares to code a virtual simulation of a universe when all other game developers were cowards who just did simple game ideas that they could actually.... build. The fools!

Its like some weird Dunning Kruger analogue combined with Celebrity worship where you don't understand how an industry works so you think it must be easy for one genius to do everything.

What gets me is, you know that other people have dedicated their entire lives to medical science, have doctorates and have worked hard for decades, and you think none of them ever just thought "what if we did the star trek thing?" You can't even consider that maybe they DID try it and it was technically infeasible? No?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lrbw4-vkFM

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Just wanted to take this oppertunity to point out that "helicopter" is actually "helico" for spin/spiral and "pter" for wing.

A cute dumb fact I learned recently.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Karia posted:

If Da Vinci was so smart then why didn't he found Bell Helicopter, huh?

reported for anti-Italian racism

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

human garbage bag posted:

if science wasn't reliant on individual contributors, why do they name sciency things after individuals?

Who invented the telephone?

Answer carefully.

e:if europeans didn't discover everything then how come everything is named for them?

like I get what you're trying to say but don't be reductive.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I love this bit

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

HookedOnChthonics posted:

arthur young came from old money (his dad was an olympic medalist landscape painter out of choice, not necessity) and it's still not his name on the designs lmao

bill boeing was the zuck of the 1920s (rich parents, elite schooling, dropped out to chase the bitcoin of the day in the PNW lumber industry), his founding partner was an active navy officer intimately involved with the early military aviation procurement process, and the company's establishing contract was a very generous order of 50 trainers by the navy

bill gates's dad was a millionaire who put him in a private school that offered him unlimited computer access in an era where top university researchers were on a bidding system for mainframe time, then scored him a contract (as a minor) with the city DoT to program their traffic counting machines

wright bros were generally known as pretty decent (tho they would almost definitely be ammon bundy libertarians today) but were definitely upper middle class (children of senior clergy), could only have succeeded in the context of an extended-family support structure that isn't really common any more, and the bike business connoted much more upper-class pretension than it does now (also charlie taylor never gets proper credit and im mad about it :mad:)

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

gschmidl posted:

A friend of mine applied to Roberts as an animator at some point. They asked his opinion of the Wing Commander movie.

He was not hired.

say what you will about that film but the space bulldozer owned.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

it's always about property rights with these loving losers

Buildings matter too

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

i love how the truck is signaling that he’s changing lanes and she speeds up to try and cut him off and then is shocked that a big truck still enters the lane and then thanks tesla for saving her life

Endless tesla posting account not making sense?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Manic_Marge/status/1365430324138680326

These accounts are not real people and you can't convince me otherwise.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Pyrus Malus posted:

I found an awful post on reddit about Musk, "proving" he's the lead engineer at spacex and it was so psychically damaging I'm posting it here too:

abandon hope ye who enter

space-x advisor posted:

When the third chamber cracked, Musk flew the hardware back to California, took it to the factory floor, and, with the help of some engineers, started to fill the chambers with an epoxy to see if it would seal them. “He’s not afraid to get his hands dirty,” Mueller said. “He’s out there with his nice Italian shoes and clothes and has epoxy all over him. They were there all night and tested it again and it broke anyway.” Musk, clothes ruined, had decided the hardware was flawed, tested his hypothesis, and moved on quickly.

Reading between the lines of this- this actually makes Musk seem really dumb? He spent a bunch of money and time doing something for no reason when I bet actual people involved with the project would have already written it off.

Also why is there a quote form John Carmack lmao

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Blackhawk posted:

Lmao what a loving moron, I guarantee absolutely nobody actually working on those engines thought that epoxy would seal those cracks but I guess if you want to keep your job you have to play with baby.

Also flying the broken thing interstate. Genius resource management.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

One thing I keep trying to tell people about kids is kids are not necessarily "dumb" the way you think they are, they just lack learned experiences and most importantly an understanding of expected outcomes.

You put a kid near something that makes any kind of sound and they'll figure it out pretty quick. Whether it's something you wanted to hear or not...

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Slotducks posted:

I have no idea how anyone can respect this man let alone look up to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYOI8h9-uXs

Blithering loving idiot.

christ on a cross, do not scroll down to the comments...

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Elon, you rat! Can't believe you'd give me the 'ol spicy starship!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/cyberben007/status/1380347086223380480

I had to read this multiple times then check the guy's stupid bio about being a Tesla fanboy before I realised this wasn't sarcasm

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Imagine 5 cameras on the edge of a car...

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

ekuNNN posted:

looks like box jellyfish scars:

This was my first thought too

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Smug Mug posted:

after your panels are all obliterated by space debris it’s good to have a backup

I think you just stumbled on the real long Musk con

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

ynohtna posted:

look upon my works, you pedo guys, and despair

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

So the drivers' in the death tunnel are going to be stuck with awful shifts, I'm guessing.

Where are the bathrooms?

Imagine being driven at decent speed in a combustible death trap through an inescapable tunnel driven by a person with a full bladder under pressure to meet a strict deadline who's got a migrane from a vitamin D deficiency.

The future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011