Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i was gonna have a threesome w/ grehms until i got high
i was gonna stay CEO through the quarter but then i got high
now im under SEC investigation and i know why
because i got high
because i got high
because i got high

was going to secure saudi funding before i got high
i coulda waited and i coulda gone private but i got high
now im crying on the phone to goldman sachs and i know why (why man?)
cause i got high
because i got high
because i got high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

not a cult posted:

hahahaha what the gently caress is going on :wtc:
btw just to bring up this blast from the past that has aged very well: https://waitbutwhy.com/2017/03/elon-musk-post-series.html

Really enjoy how this article completely glosses over the "self made billionaires" family

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned.’ You just sit there like a stone on weed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Armond Poopson posted:

10 *techno-libertarians will die. Important distinction.

Morons are still people, armond

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

Media that is bad: hyperlink edition

Thank you for smoking was good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Punished "Acid" Musk

Grahms... Ahm alreddy a deemin

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Percelus posted:

to give you a clue on how brokebrain my brother is he actually read michael wolff's fire and fury cover to cover and the most influential book for him that informs all his politics is a generation of sociopaths: how the boomers betrayed america and no he doesn't critically think about any of the garbage literature he consumes and takes it as pure gospel, anyway enough venting about idiot relations :v:

so wait we think the boomers are good now?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Baxate posted:

somebody good with factories tell me if theres any hilarious safety violations in this video tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9kK0_7x08

the thumbnail doesn't have anybody wearing ear protection but i wouldnt consider that hilarious, just more a matter of practicality

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Baloogan posted:

im srs gonna lol if we don't get to mars because of a really dumb threesome idea grimes had

Elon was never getting to Mars even if the threesome had worked

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

orange sky posted:

The downside of short selling can be much bigger than the 100$ you're going to put down. If it soars to 1000$ you're hosed basically, and it's 2018 so I wouldn't be surprised.

Buy puts. With 100$ you couldn't even short one stock right now.

This is a tangent i know but I'm like super curious how shorts and puts work in the first place,like if you take a short on a stock where does the money you make come from? And what even is a put?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

You're selling borrowed stock at its current market price that you will need to repay in the future, ideally at a much lower price.

So you short sell Tesla stock at 375 a while ago and in the future repay it at 300 and pocket the difference.

Ooooh so the short is kind of like a stock loan, neat, thanks for the explanation

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

univbee posted:

Stock trading becomes enormously hosed because of this and other things, as in a sense it generates stocks outside of the pool of those available (because some people, in a sense, own a negative amount of the stock, but may settle that just with money if the share gets bought out) and can create all sorts of fuckery if things happen, like there was one case where a court order was issued to pay out some extra money to shareholders, except there were more shares than there should have been but what to do about the shorted (negative) shares in accounts that had been settled long before was a massive legal unknown.

Here's a fun article which touches on that when Bitcoin Cash came out and the similar clusterfuck resulting from it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-08-02/bitcoin-exchange-had-too-many-bitcoins

It did seem pretty exploitable but I assumed finance had rules to deal with it, glad to see I was wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Thank you computer

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yospos has several themes you can choose from to view the 'pos in

its doesnt matter which you use since at the end of the day its still yospos

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

https://twitter.com/boringstein/status/1033466073725788161?s=21
Banks is going to mantrap Musk and help his fortunes by sacrificial magic

I think she might be literally insane

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i swear if i ever end up teaching high school econ i'm going to say gently caress it to the standards and teach anything other than neoclasscism

i never had the option for a high school econ class...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

really? its required for the second semester of senior year in california

nah man, i think we had like, wood working and cad (well that i remember, it was almost a decade ago ya know)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Virtual Russian posted:

An ex of mine's mother refused to wear a seat-belt. It came from a really bad crash (head-on if I recall) where the seat-belt broke her collar bone or something. She vowed never to wear one again. I'm sure she would have been dead without the seat-belt. She was generally kinda insufferable.

yeah people are goddamned idiots and will always remember the one time some dude got choked by a seatbelt in a crash and died and not the thousands of people who would have smashed their head against the dashboard or gone flying out the car if they hadnt been wearing one

its really frustrating

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

:lol:

I'm gonna burst a blood vessel from laughing if there's another Tesla story today

Rip

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

lmao NDAs for dating, thats gross as hell but of course rich freaks use them

Yeah but tbh would you trust Elon not to post every minute detail of a relationship on twitter

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
And I mean obvisously Elon doesn't want Grimes to talk about his compulsion to drink the blood of his workers

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I read this like 3 times and it still doesn't register as a real reaction a person could have in that situation like drat lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
ah, the liberal white south african, who thinks its a bit jerkish to use the n-word, how far they've come

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Knight posted:

The only way you could include billing and insurance in a medical tv show is if it's a real dark comedy.

Well house is that, it is kinda funny that nothing was ever mentioned about that

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

etalian posted:

Also since Tesla is basically driven by irrational exuberance (14.5 billion total invested without turning a single year of real profit).

Having a emperor has no clothes moment would be a massive setback especially in terms of ending the grifting game by Musk.

I think even the worst scenarios would still have Elon able to keep the grift up, his fans are all super loyal idiots with too much money

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Production grows exponentially, by the year 2020 all cars are tesla 3's

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
It is the year 2100 and Tesla 3 now blocks the sun, all life is lost, the athmosphere is finally clean of toxins

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

i dont believe u i believe infernal machines and his pdf

i bought this car for mychilde because its safe

oops my kid is dead from electrocution after trying to swap the flat tire

Why don't they put like, idk a frame under the battery so you can lift it on a bigger area then those tiny little green zones

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Siljmonster posted:

Elon Musk is getting arrested today.

Even if by some miracle he was taken into custody I'm pretty sure he can post any bail and get out the country to go where they won't extradite him

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
good news for tesla, they can finally hire a competent ceo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

What the gently caress, why would you do this. This makes no sense on like, any level

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
At this rate I won't be surprised if Elon decides to represent himself at trial

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Every now and then thru the day I remember Elon musk turned down a deal with the sec in favor of going to trial and get a warm fuzzy feeling

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Which phone is the most CSPAM to buy, I'm in the market again

a sidekick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Interesting strategy of admitting to fraud in order to say you didn't commit fraud

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
eat my (tesla) shorts

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i would gladly destroy ford, edison and jobs, they were vultures. idk much about gates but considering the rest of the names in the list its prob safe to destroy him as well

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
how long will it take for elon to tweet without approval

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I've listened to like 3 azeoia banks songs and

1: the dude is here who thought she was bad is an idiot

2: yeah it's not surprising she's insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Baloogan posted:

some tight dicked south african fake canadian american encounters american-elemental and the only cuckess in his party is a cosplayer

It's really weird, I know every word in this post and yet it makes no sense to me