Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i think i saw one of those in the chicago map in perfect dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

Why is the dashboard made from marble?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkPcPqTq4M

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Karl Sharks posted:

remember when we were laughing at this?

at least the designers put in an ounce of effort here

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

but this doesn’t apply to humanoid robots, for some reason

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

interesting concept. this is a pretty good starting point. i think we could improve the performance quite a bit by chaining many of them together and consolidating all the power generation to a dedicated 'power car' of sorts. this would eliminate a lot of inefficiency that would come from having each car requiring its own power components and.... hold on.... i'm just getting something right now.... oh this has already existed for half a century

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ge is doing interesting things with electrified trains though. it involves each car being aware of where it is relative to each other along with whether the train is going up or down a hill. so for example if a mile long train is going over a hill the cars in the front can generate power via regenerative braking that's then routed to cars in the back to help the rest of the train over the hill. it's pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

yippee cahier posted:

not sure if this is a joke, is the mechanical linkage between cars not good enough for that?

the cars have their own motors so it's just an efficiency gain that varies from worthless to a lot depending on how hilly the route is