Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
I'm quite behind on the thread and randomly checked TSLA and see it went UP UP UP last week. wtf happened? Did autopilot became a president? Did Musk called from mars using his space internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Wheany posted:

Musk said that because of auto summon, full self driving kind of works, so they pocketed some of the self driving preorder money and thus appeared profitable yet again.

makes sense, in a Musk way that is :downs:

RandomPauI posted:

He said his solar-powered roofs could go up in a day and would be in production and for sale soon.

Nice, I thought that crap was dead (is this the thing they did like 10 installations worldwide, or were those regular solar panels?)

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

I currently see 670 :eyepop: Plz someone link a tweet that did this.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

...You mean the ongoing global pandemic?

I won't pretend to understand stock values, but if a virus knocks down price from 900 to now 700 is everything else also falling like bricks? Also, I forgot if their china factory is working yet?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

baka kaba posted:

lmao, and also all the decisions go through him and he pulled all-nighters working on the welds you say??

Nice of him to admit that he designed it badly, and also sent a note about it to himself

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

NtotheTC posted:

This is extremely funny to me because I remember an article recently saying that the NASA computer scientists/programming team was almost entirely family people who worked 9-5 and very specifically were not dragged in at all hours or made to do "crunch-time"

Didn't NASA got to the moon mainly with help from former nazi scientists, instead of overworked college graduates?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Maybe worth considering lobotomy. Doesn’t mean it works for C19, but maybe better than nothing. :science:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

TheDon01 posted:

Whys that a bad thing?

I would guess taking a white paper, and then printing 90% of it in red ink isn't exactly best use of ink (also if this was printed on CMYK printer (i have no idea what kind of printers there are, just posting out of my rear end), that would be 2 colors wasted)

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Fucks over his staff is what he does for a living.

Elon Musk's Billionaire Brother Told His Workers They Were Family. Until COVID-19 Hit.

tl:dr: Baby Musk made employees pay into the Family Fund, a 'rainy day' fund to help them in emergencies. Then he fired everyone and shut down all his restaurants.

Because all his staff were no longer employed by Next Door they couldn't access the Family Fund even if they had already applied for money from it.

EDIT: And to repeat this part from the article because it's so loving evil in light of what he did:

:guillotine:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

KitConstantine posted:

Looks like ol' Musky is following through on his Friday meltdown - two of his houses are up for sale by owner. How's the Los Angeles high end real estate market looking these days?

I'd bet it will be sold to some musk trust fund or some poo poo that will assure he cannot lose it in lawsuit or something

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

tak posted:

Musk is building the tools to build the pipelines to develop the technology to implement mesh networking in space

Those satellites are alpha, you just don't understand space development

starlink citizen

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

:eyepop: Are they trolling him? That statue looks like a clown

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

TheDon01 posted:

https://twitter.com/wholemarslog/status/1267866383905288192?s=20

I dunno, but if I was a space pilot I would want the joysticks and 500 switches/buttons and not have to pilot the thing thru a loving android app on a big tablet

Is there a reason one would choose glossy display for their space ipad. I personally would prefer to see what is on display from some angle, and not reflection of the other spaceman

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Proteus Jones posted:

SCSI = Scuzzy
GIF = Hard G
SQL = Sequel

Come at me

:colbert:

apple's .dmg file = damage

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Elon thrashes about on the floor, foaming at the mouth

Is this the place where windows screensavers were filmed?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol what if the internet service stuff is just a cover story and those are actually little bots that can grab other satellites and de-orbit them or something like that. SPACE FORCE!

If they could deorbit poo poo from space, that would be infinitely more useful and would probably make a lot more money than space internet. It would also help push Musk as our lord and saviour who will get us rid of space trash, so why would they cover it up unless they are infinitely dumb. but then again we're talking about idiot who call people on twitter pedos and is building mass transit, but better, and also without the "mass"

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Yes, punish the idiot customer, not the idiot who designed it that way :capitalism:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Blackhawk posted:

I seems quite plain to me that if a judge has ruled operating the windscreen wipers in the only way they can be operated is dangerous that means that driving the car at all is inherently dangerous. I'm honestly surprised that somewhere like Germany even allows the things on the roads, they're so notorious for having strict regulations for everything, especially things that go on the road. Where else in the world has such voluminous requirements and certification processes for things like bicycle lights and reflectors...

They have regulations, but they also love the car

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So how long until some Russian hacker bricks it mid-flight?

It will receive update and it will stop working on its own.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

This reads like The Onion, but I'm tempted to believe it is true

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
If you order them by POTENTIAL!!1 , tesla is a winner though :smugbert:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

gschmidl posted:

Make the entire exterior of CYBRTRK a skinnable color OLED screen Elon you coward.

Currently you can get free skin called "rust"

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

comedyblissoption posted:

i watched some starcraft 2 ai neural network videos where it played on the ladder, and the ai would sometimes as part of its build order start a building, cancel it very shortly after, then start building it again in the same spot

people want this type of opaque system with bizarre behaviors to drive cars lol

that same AI also sometimes just murders some of its own units, so it has that common with teslas

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Tom Guycot posted:

Those itty bitty matchbox car wheels are amazing.

I hope your country doesn't have lovely roads

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

gschmidl posted:

I want your soul
I will eat your soul

God, i hope that is a photoshop

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Dustcat posted:

trust our genious to not forget about mankind's most perfect invention, the full duplex tunnel, despite being laughed at for a while, and so two tunnels have been bored

(ps no render of the original hyperloop concept ever showed two parallel vacuum tubes lamo)

It's because it's so fast that by the time people leave/board the hypertrain the other hypertrain comes through the whole tube I'm just making poo poo up

Owling Howl posted:

Musk just spoke at a Mars Society convention and said Starship could go to Mars in 2024.

They've been working on it since 2012 - almost a decade - and they have engines bolted to fuel tanks for the second stage. The first stage does not exist. The life support system does not exist and nothing like what they'll need ever has existed.

For reference the SLS was announced 6 months prior to the Mars Colonial Transporter Interplanetary Transport System Starship and the SLS now has two stages and a crew capsule.

Mars Citizen: Answer the call 202420252026?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1318045436087799808

morales's party won elections big tonight

no lithium in bolivia for poor muskie

No problemo, Musk will just mine his own lithium, and it will be much better and cheaper :smuggo:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Bumper detaching is obviously to enable the car to float for a while as musk suggested it can do. You also take your clothes off when you go swimming

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

gschmidl posted:

It is the grim future. Sentient Teslas, their AI based on Musk's brain via Neuralink, roam the landscape, killing all humans they encounter unless they catch on fire or fall to pieces first.

In this hellscape, a new hero arises... a man, and his red cape.

CYBERTORERO CYBRTRRO, coming only to cinemas on 4/20/2021.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Admiral Ray posted:

we already have knife missiles (they are supposed to reduce unintended killing by spinning up and grinding the target into a mist of blood and bone instead of exploding), so cargo missiles don't seem too crazy to me

:eyepop: I'm not sure if I want to know more

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Tom Guycot posted:

Nah, the Stimperor would need a version that keeps them alive for 40,000 stimp-years of unending torture.

also, i hate this man, lol
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1319396588293222400

Musk confirmed as star citizen backer? What is it with nerds and bars?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

TheDon01 posted:

castings that look like avian bones

Soon teslas will be able to fly, in addition to swimming

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Spazzle posted:

The capabilities of a phone tesla might have and what a car needs are not remotely the same.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

"What's the limit of physics?"
I'm looking forward to these new extra explosive musk batteries

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

After having to slam on the brakes and swerve a dozen times, have the car stop in the middle of the the oncoming lane because it can't figure out a basic left turn, stop at half a dozen intersections where no stop sign exists, all in the span of 8 minutes, "It's having no problem driving around."

Put me at a 6 way stop with no light and a dozen BMW drivers and I'd feel more safe.

With some time, BMW drivers will be replaced by teslas as a thing to watch out for

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Commentary on that video is :discourse:

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Spergin Morlock posted:

my sister had nightmares for months after our dad took us to see gremlins 2 in the theater when she was about 5 years old lol

No worries, the parents will interpret constant nightmares as a sign of artistic genius

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Karl Sharks posted:

https://twitter.com/Scobleizer/status/1331768921356083200?s=20

lol "this one point was fixed, no flaws no, i trust it 100%"

Gotta say, this man has nerves of steel. And one day, he will have steel going through his nerves still loving the car

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

NoWake posted:

Every major automaker has a proving grounds where they run their vehicles through the wringer so they don't release something that kills people. You test this poo poo out in the lab first, and you don't release it until it's safe. No other automaker has claims of autonomous driving - wonder why? It's because they think they're still beholden to law.

it's extremely hosed up that Tesla, the "largest automaker" and Musk, the "second richest man on the planet" views their customers as lab rats and the planet their laboratory, and equally hosed that their customers are in on it.

The end goal of pioneering this tech is getting from point A to point B while jacking off. It's not loving space travel.

But making beta version of car gives you highest market value, that's all that matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Divot posted:

What about if it gets to the point where other car companies making EV's gets to the point where it is abundantly clear Tesla will not have an incredibly dominant portion of the market share, a different self driving (such as Waymo) is more successful than Tesla FSD, and other Elon / Tesla promises such as the Semi, solar roofs, etc. still haven't materialized?

Would it just be investors pulling out that would drive the stock price down to something much more reflective of reality? Cause it does feel like the scenario I outlined is pretty realistic, I guess.

Like, to be clear, I think we're probably past the point of $TSLAQ being a reality barring some aforementioned out-of-left-field event. I'm mainly just curious what could happen to cause the stock price to more accurately reflect reality, and not a valuation that reflects Tesla's being 30% of all auto sales.

tesla has something no one else will have: official car of Mars