Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

I stopped following this thread for a while, and now I see TSLA is back near its high, even while tech is taking a beating. Was there some major news story I missed, or are people just back to thinking Tesla is going to the moon?

My understanding is that institutions own a large chunk of this stock, shorters own another large chunk, Musk and internal staff own another large chunk and the rest retails shares are generally owned by cultists.

Most of these aren't going to sell unless there is important news released about the FBI/SEC investigation or some other Twitter fueled nonsense. These day to day movements lately are algos shuffling around shares.

60B market cap for a company this shaky seems insane to me. I started a short position at 360 that's holding up nice, expecting one headline away from having myself an amazing Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

orcinus posted:

Shorters can't, by the very definition of short selling, own a large chunk.
The whole point of shorting is that you sell the stock immediately upon borrowing it (and buy, then immediately return to the lender when covering).

They *owe* a large chunk.*

* they don't, currently, the short percentage is at an all time low

This definitely shows a weakness in my understanding about shorting. I thought the shares were borrowed by the broker then sold if/when you exercise the option.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I always wondered what would happen to if classical religion faded or disappeared in my lifetime.

I'm starting to see people will just end up worshipping different gods instead.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-china/tesla-china-sales-plunge-70-percent-in-october-auto-industry-body-idUSKCN1NW0BH

211 cars sold in China, spokesperson for Tesla says the numbers are wildly inaccurate but won't release the numbers.

I'm guessing it was probably closer to 11.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

explain to me how TSLA's stock has been able to withstand the sell-off onslaught that is wrecking the market

i know they are down 50 points in the past few days, but with all the different catalysts working against it (executive departures, toxic work environment, over promised/under delivered results, constant money drain, sketchy hail mary earnings report only profitable due to EV credits which will expire soon, FBI investigations, SEC violations, quality control problems, 900M in debt coming due in March that won't be able to be paid in stock due to the under 360 stock price, to name a few things)

how are there still institutions and funds confidently holding this timebomb expecting some kind of amazing returns? 60% of the stock is held by insiders and institutions as best i can tell

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

That whole article is a fascinating look into the mind of a mad man. I lived/worked in NYC for many years and had high functioning psychopath bosses exactly like that. Despite the extremely high turnover and non-existant employee morale, they were allowed to stay as long as the numbers stayed solid. They were praised as tough as nail geniuses. Problem was when the numbers started to slide it was usually exponentially bad and the losses were worse than the gains. Unsurprisingly they were let go and everyone left scratching their heads wondering who ever put someone so clinically crazy in charge. Until the insane genius got hired to bring up the numbers again...

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Goodpancakes posted:

CEOs really justifying their salaries with a sub 30 hour work week which is 50% meetings lol

Not in any way justifying it, but from my experience as I've moved up in my field over the last 15 years, more and more of my time is spent in meetings guiding other people to work rather than me doing the actual work.

Supposedly this is normal as you get paid for what you know not exactly what you do.

Telling other people to get things done is apparently getting it done. It's taking me some time to get used to.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Genderfluent posted:

drat remember when Sears did the same thing and almost immediately became insolvent?

This whole stunt definitely feels like a part of a going out of business sale. Staggered layoffs, eliminating brick and mortars, liquidating assets at cost. Wouldn't be surprised if they stop selling cars in the US entirely soon.

"Tesla will be profitable every quarter going forward" - EM

And not one quarter later they announce they won't have a profitable next quarter.

Just feels like the other shoe is about to drop.

EDIT - sorry I forgot to disclose that I, a multi-year veteran of a dying comedy forum, am I member of "BIG OIL" and the opinions posted above reflect that very direct bias

Ben Murphy has issued a correction as of 07:02 on Mar 1, 2019

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

red19fire posted:

Trip report: as suspected, the largest Tesla store inside the garden state plaza mall in north NJ is shuttered. There's a few teslas scattered inside the mall, and it looks like the store still has the cars inside. I wonder what will happen to them.

The store THEY JUST OPENED here in Palm Desert, CA on El Paseo (prime retail real estate) closed as well, went there on my lunch two days ago. Lights off, doors locked, cars still inside.

Saw on old man with his face pressed up against the glass talking to his wife, overheard him turn to her and say 'i guess they went out of business'

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Nothus posted:

Is the implication of that spy shot that the model y is a pickup?

Pretty sure that's an exhaust pipe poking out on the left side.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/StuartMeissner/status/1103776551546568712

Will be interesting to see if it amounts to a large nothing burger again, because if that expose in Wired didn't change anyone mind, likely nothing will.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I know, I know, it's probably just trolls and bots, but still: https://stocktwits.com/symbol/TSLA

ST can be an OK place to shoot the poo poo with ameutur (and some professional) traders about the economy, stocks and business, but the massive amount of bootlicking, cult worship and outright cognitive dissonance on display in that room drives a sane man crazy.

You have people there praising Musk for 'saving thousands of jobs by reopening stores' ignoring the fact that he was the one who wanted to take those jobs away....

:wtc:

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Really hope the Model Y Kickstarter has better rewards at the upper tiers!

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I have an idea for a pill that will cure all cancers. Sure, my idea probably won't work, but wouldn't it be amazing and ambitious if it did?

Basically what I'm saying is that people should give me a lot of money and praise because of my inspirational vision. When you think of the social value of curing all cancers, even if my idea only has a 0.0001% chance of working that's gotta be worth a few million, right?

Reminds me of the bit from Tom Segura about his rear end in a top hat cousin who just 'invents' stuff: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/bopc55/mash-up-algorithm---little-muddy---tom-segura---inventor-cousin

You see it's a phone that drives your car... Wow, that's great how does it work? Well, just you, you know program it.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

https://www.virginiamercury.com/201...ways-and-roads/

Basically it's what everyone figured it was, a bumpy, uneven dirt road underground barely big enough to fit a car into much less accelerate one to 150mph.

I figured everyone in and around the Carolinas were a bunch of dumb yokels (they still are) but in this case, they had enough sense to be like yeahhh, hard pass.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

whew, ok good good, everyone relax, she does in fact still love the car

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

person live tweeting the oral arguments

https://www.twitter.com/klasfeldreports

apparently Elon showed up for some reason?

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1113859664293388291

SEC getting grilled by the judge about facts that to me seem clear, unambiguous and self evident.

Going to be fun to hear ol'Muskie and his lawyers spar with the judge.

I just hope the judge announces before she starts that she in fact does love the car, but must ask him these hard questions.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

sure they seem self evident but the SEC still is responsible for convincing her of that.

won't be able to say much until we see how she questions Musk's lawyers.

a better feed since not hearing big parts of the arguments makes it hard to know how detailed the case is:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live-blog/2019-04-03/elon-musk-judge-hears-arguments-in-sec-contempt-fight

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

"This is not someone who's wantonly saying he doesn’t care about processes and procedures," Hueston says. "That’s someone who is trying his best to comply and has been diligent."

A hearty fuckin' lol from me on that one.

This poor, innocent, law abiding citizen, who cares deeply for the process and procedure of the law is the real victim here.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Siljmonster posted:

He got stung by I bee I bet

It was a BIG bee!

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

kalensc posted:

Lmao he's turning on his few stalwart supporters that had a modicum of credibility and communication skills.

Hope Fred has some insider-ish stories to tell/sell when it all crashes, just as a silver lining for him (and fun for us).

Fred is one of the biggest, loyalest shills for Tesla, basically spending the last few years building his entire professional life around pumping out pro-Tesla articles and sentiment.

All that effort and Immortan Musk himself replies MEDIOCRE

Insane. Those Q1 numbers are going to be even worse than expected.

And if the market reacts to that and if the stock price tanks below ~220-240, ol'leverged-up-to-his-ears Muskie's getting margin called on his loan, and if THAT happens, most of that stock gets sold off causing it to tank even further

But I'm holding lotto puts so what do I know.

Publicly dissing Lambert like that has got to sting though.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

A MIRACLE posted:

fellow shitput holder here

what expirations/prices? probably gonna add to my position tomorrow before earnings

20x 4/26 220Ps @ 1.30

100x 5/17 50P @ 0.06

Contain your laughter.

I'm using my profits from selling my 10x 4/26 265P I bought at @ 8.78 sold for 16.65 on that massive dip this morning.

I normally wouldn't be too worried but there was a massive 500,000 share dark pool buy @ $263.15 around 14:30:57 from somewhere, so I wouldn't shock me in the slightness to see it spike.

This stock doesn't trade on fundamentals anymore. It's a roulette wheel, so I trade it accordingly.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Vomik posted:

shorting a company doesn’t bankrupt it, lol

"burn the shorts" is Musk's favorite dog whistle because it gives people who don't know jack about stock price/investing a place to pin their hate on when the company isn't doing well, y'know anywhere but the people running the company

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

EM: "try secured420" if that doesn't work i dunno what to do

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

technically if there's no earnings, then there's nothing to report!

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Supposedly EM's margin call zone is around 200-240. We're getting dangerously close to that. All kinds of craziness when JPM starts selling his shares to satisfy the call.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

etalian posted:

Who knows, only fact we do know is he placed 40% of his Tesla stake to Goldman Sachs to fund his margin loan lifestyle.

Dude took out 4 mortgages and a refi just to pump the stock: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-22/elon-musk-turns-to-morgan-stanley-for-five-monster-mortgages

When you start to understand how extremely leveraged and illiquid he is, you start to see why he gets increasing desperate to keep the price up

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Lote posted:

My average is 249$ bought almost 60k worth of tesla today.

I know Elon is already planning something to pop this stock

Hold by next year u will be laughing about a time like this.

No way in fucken hell tesla goes below 240

P.s I mainly bought Due to seeing ARK funds buying 50 mil worth so I decided well guess I join :)

:hmmyes:

I saw this piece of sage due diligence today from a couple of analysts too, easily worth a $60K investment, you are right

quote:

JMP Securities reaffirms it's $400 price target and buy rating by stating:

"lol the ceo will do something i just know it, no fuckin way he gonna screw us over"

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Krankenstyle posted:

when the heck is this SEC ruling gonna drop :jiggled:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-26/musk-sec-ask-for-more-time-to-resolve-fight-over-tesla-tweets

EM needs until April 30th to get his 'reasonable pants' to fit over that massive diaper

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

And there go all the 240 stop losses that got triggered on that dip.

https://robintrack.net/symbol/TSLA

Institutions are unloading right into the waiting arms of idiot Robinhood traders like clockwork.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

FistEnergy posted:

get below 230 u fucker

https://robintrack.net/symbol/TSLA

Until these bazingas get tired of seeing their phone red and some other institution rolls off a large position, this will probably hold these levels.

I'm still holding out for this 'alternative funding' scheme they are floating, because almost every scenario means dilution of shares which will drop the price below Musk's margin level around 200-220 which triggers all kinds of waterfall scenarios.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

orange sky posted:

They're gonna burn through these 2B like nobody's business

If they get the full amount.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1005017850485007360

Enron Seeks $2 Billion Cash Infusion As It Faces an Escalating Fiscal Crisis

--

Don't worry, I've seen this episode before and know exactly how it turns out.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Looking to buy a new P90D, a little confused, could use some advice

So, I am finally in position to buy my own dream car and have been looking at new inventory. As i live in Hawaii, I think I found the perfect car. Here it is:

https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJSA1E46GF168163?v=1&utm_expid=.gal0qwyuS428W23VtnnEqg.1&utm

I’m a little confused though, it’s a 2016, with 12,000 miles. First, how is it “new” if it has 12,000 miles? Was it a test car? Or is it a typo?

Also, if it has been sitting in inventory since 2016, are there any problems? Usually when cars sit a while it's not good as various seals dry out and such.

Thanks! Can't wait to join the club!

car has been pre-loved, is there any room left for me to love car?! will love buying a 90K 'new' car and having it lose 30K in value the second it's registered in my name! love love love!

so happy to be a part of the club! must be in club at all costs!

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Lote posted:

My average is 249$ bought almost 60k worth of tesla today.

I know Elon is already planning something to pop this stock

Hold by next year u will be laughing about a time like this.

No way in fucken hell tesla goes below 240

P.s I mainly bought Due to seeing ARK funds buying 50 mil worth so I decided well guess I join :)

Do you mind if I add this to BagHolders Quotes on Twitter?

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

ratbert90 posted:

lol I get my 3 back today, and I am going to immediately put it on the market so another idiot can buy the drat thing and deal with Tesla's incompetence.

I'm actually about to sell my Jeep this week, but if you let me know where you are, do you mind if I park it next to your 3 for a while so when it explodes we can both have our insurance buy us new cars?

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Failson posted:

Tesla stock up today, because of course.

Got to get moving if we are going to hit that $4000 a share price target!

But I'm sure you are wondering what the roadmap looks like so you can know when to start mortgaging your house, maxing out the cash advance on your cards and buy buy buy this once in a lifetime stock.

Worry no more, because a dude on the internet has got it all figured out. After huffing all the spray paint he was legally allowed to buy at Home Depot, this internet Oracle's mind transcended time and space to see Musk's Master Plan to it's prophetic end.

Spoiler alert, it ends with Musk (and presumably his followers) on a Mars colony!

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/dry-powder-milestones.134840/page-3

quote:

May 19 Starting $239; Finishing B$398, SB$413

Possibly more "brand name" investors jumping in to join Larry Ellison, Baillie Gifford, Baron, Ark, etc.? B+0, SB+0
Final Model Y production location
GF3 external construction complete
Trade deal between China and the U.S., reducing tariffs? (moved from Jan following 90 day ceasefire) B+0, SB+0 (moved from March)
SRM3 US media reviews B+0, SB+0 (moved from Q3)
Maxwell deal confirmed B+0, SB+0
Auto insurance launches in US B+0, SB+0
Other positives B+159, SB+174

Jun 19 B$398, SB$413; Finishing B$398, SB$428

Utility-scale mega-pack announcement? B+0, SB+2 (moved from March)
V3 Supercharger ramp up - positive reviews (moved from March)
Astronaut delivery to ISS B+0, SB+2
Starship hopper test B+0, SB+0
GF3 cell suppliers announced
Updated S/X reviews - new suspension, range, SR, charging B+0, SB+0
I will do a full technical presentation of Starship after the test vehicle we’re building in Texas flies (expected June 20) B+0, SB+0
Delightfully counterintuitive BFR design unveiled B+0, SB+5
Sub orbital Starship prototype complete
Other positives B+0, SB+3

Q3 19 B$398, SB$428; Finishing B$575, SB$765

Pravduh.com launches? B+0, SB+0
Pickup unveil B+0, SB+0
New FSD computer s/w surpasses h/w 2.5 s/w code
FSD features and other updates to v9 B+0, SB+0
Traffic lights, stop signs & roundabout (in dev test 12/9/18) (moved from March)
Ramped up production on new SR Grohmann module lines at GF1 (moved from Apr)
GF4 (Europe) location announcement? B+0, SB+0
Snake supercharger unveiled ? B+5, SB+10
Munro SRM3 cost estimate comes in sub $30k? B+5, SB+10
Autopilot V10 launches - games, Karaoke, Netflix? B+0, SB+5
Tesla acknowledged as autonomous leader
Tesla Music?
Gonna put an old school drive-in, roller skates & rock restaurant at one of the new Tesla Supercharger locations in LA? B+0, SB+2
Megapack deliveries start? B+0, SB+2 California Moss
FSD demo - successfully navigates East coast to West coast? B+10, SB+30 (ARK interview - FSD feature complete by end 2019)
Reviews of non-Tesla products (I-Pace, eTron etc.) - not good, not selling, lack of charging apparent B+0, SB+0
Lack of new Tesla killers unveiled B+0, SB+0
UBER IPO - valued more than TSLA! B+0, SB+0
Private money exits UBER/Lyft - pours into TSLA
Q2 earnings & call B+10, SB+20
M3 margin not impacted by SR
Other positives B+102, SB+228

Q4 19 B$575, SB$765; Finishing B$625, SB$915

Analyst upgrades following multiple positive earnings, excitement about new products, and reductions in cap-ex vs. Model 3 B+10, SB+10
Removal of the Brexit uncertainty one way or another B+0, SB+0
Project Dojo introduction B+0, SB+0
Actual Brexit B+0, SB+0
FSD feature complete B+0, SB+0
Possibly an update to Roadster SpaceX option package B+0, SB+0 (Moved from March)
Sustained 7k / week Model 3s? B+0 SB+0 (moved from Feb)
GF3 (China) begins production of M3 (targeting 3k/week) B+10, SB+10
TSLA reaches market cap of $100Bn - Elon achieves first compensation milestone? B+0, SB+10
Superchargers doubled within 2019 B+0, SB+10
Q3 earnings & call B+10, SB+20
First boring company brick home completed? B+0, SB+5
Tesla auto insurance begins. Combined with leasing provides a 1 stop shop - single monthly payment for all your auto needs. B+0, SB+0
Another auto manufacturer signs up to supercharger network, bearing some of the costs B+0, SB+0
Elon announces he will go to the moon as a tourist in 2021 and stand by the Apollo 11 flag to take a selfie B+0, SB+0
Tesla communications improve B+10, SB+10
Other positives B+10, SB+75

2020 B$625, SB$915; Finishing B$1025, SB$1650

S/X refresh unveiled (interior etc) ? B+0, SB+0 (moved from June)
Battery Investor day - late 2019 or 2020 B+0, SB+0
Semi deliveries to Tesla and first customer? B+0, SB+20 (moved from Q4 19)
Moody upgrade B+5, SB+5 (moved from March)
FSD goes live in China / US B+10, SB+30 Elon stated FSD to be regulated in 2020 (1 country only)
Semi production starts? B+5, SB+5 (moved from Q3 19)
Semi Platooning demo? B+0, SB+5 (moved from June 19)
Deal on shuttered GM factory B+0, SB+0 (moved from Q3 19)
Tesla network goes live B+100, SB+200
Tesla raises capital to build autos for Tesla Network B+0, SB+0
Homebuilder announces Solar Roof contract for 1000+ roofs B+50, SB+100
Roadster production starts? (moved from Q4) B+0, SB+10
Roadster media reviews?
Roadster claims fastest production car beating Chiron 261mph?
Roadster claims fastest production car around Nurburgring using cold air thrusters (<6 mins - current is 6:44)? (moved from Q4 2019) B+10, SB+10
Roadster demos the "hover"
Volume production of Tesla Semi, about 20,000 for the year with a four-year ramp to 100,000 units B+50, SB+50
Tesla announces intention to purchase Boring Co for $10Bn B+0, SB+0
M3 reaches 10k / week production including China GF3 B+10, SB+10
500,000 autos produced (total for year guidance is 700-800k) B+10, SB+10
Amazon orders 1000 Semis, 100 Megachargers, and enough Powerpacks / solar panels to cover entire US enterprise (Carbon neutral)? B+10, SB+50
Model Y production starts, demand similar to Model 3 or higher (almost 1 million units per year) with a three-year ramp B+50, SB+50
Pilot line June - according to leaked outdated - assume Sep?
MY first deliveries
2000 per week Sep - according to leaked outdated - assume Dec?
Video of MY dreadnought 1.0 - robots assembling wiring harness flexi
Elon's Masterplan part trois published (bus?, van, golf competitor, Robotaxi - various sizes?, aircraft?, air conditioner, RV?, Tesla trailer home?, neural net concierge service?) B+50, SB+50
Elon announces Tesla air conditioner / air purification unit?
Tesla concierge rolled out - universal app that organises your non-Tesla life - prep for Neuralink
SpaceX Starship first flight (scheduled for 2019)? B+0, SB+10
SpaceX Starlink goes on-line? B+0, SB+10
Elon getting great press for Tesla, SpaceX and Boring company progress? B+0, SB+10
GF4 begins production? B+10, SB+20
Next gen battery (2170 2.0 with Maxwell tech) production starts - zero cobalt, million miles B+20, SB+20
2020 - Customer M3 achieves 500,000 miles without powertrain failure? B+5. SB+10
Side project - Mecha unveiled? B+0, SB+5
Side project - Submarine capable auto unveiled? B+0, SB+5
Same F9 flies twice within 1 week? B+0, SB+5
TSLA stock split 1:50 B+0, SB+0
Megapack debut end 2020 California Moss B+0, SB+0
Q4 earnings & call B+10, SB+20
More than $30B in revenue for 2019
Q1 earnings & call B+10, SB+20
Q2 earnings & call B+10, SB+20
Q3 earnings & call B+10, SB+20
Other positives B-20, SB-35

2021 B$1025, SB$1650; Finishing B$1625, SB$2450

Model Y production ramp B+10, SB+10
Leaked doc - By the end of 2020, Tesla plans to reach a production of 7,000 Model Ys per week at Gigafactory 1 in Nevada - assume Apr 21?
According to the same documents, Tesla plans to also a Model Y production line at Gigafactory 3 in China by October 2020 and ramp up production to 5,000 units per week by February 2021.
Feb 2021 (outdated Model Y doc) - production somewhere around 1.5 million annual cars B+0, SB+0
Golf competitor unveiled? B+100, SB+100
Tesla Leaf-blower hits market B+0, SB+0
FSD Computer 2 in production B+0, SB+0
Pickup first production? B+50, SB+50
Pickup first deliveries
Pick-up video showing amphibious capability - US Marines order initial 100 for worldwide testing?
Elon takes a vacation - 2 weeks on the beach - comes home early, bored B+0, SB+0
Model S/X get refresh with 2170 batteries and redesign, volume increased to 120-130k B+0, SB+0
Company should be valued at $150B on improving fundamentals alone B+0, SB+0
Gigafactory 1 completion (scheduled for 2020) - biggest building on planet B+0, SB+0
1m autos produced in year B+0, SB+0
1st steering wheel removed & steering column capped B+0, SB+0
Autos self drive off production line direct to customer on 3 continents (Elon predicted this could be as early as Nov 19 on a tweet sent 11.19.18) B+100, SB+200
Elon awarded Nobel peace prize B+100, SB+100
Boring company announces first hyperloop project B+0, SB+0
Neuralink makes the headlines - first test completed B+0, SB+0
Q4 earnings & call B+50, SB+75
More than $30B in revenue for 2019
Q1 earnings & call B+50, SB+75
Q2 earnings & call B+50, SB+75
Q3 earnings & call B+50, SB+75
Other positives B+40, SB+40

2022 B$1625, SB$2450; Finishing B$2425, SB$3450

Robotaxi unveiled (no steering wheel) B+100, SB+200
2170 battery 3.0 announced - graphene usage and / or graphene super capacitor to be used in conjunction with 2.0 (Zero cobalt)?(moved from 2021) B+50, SB+50
Tesla Van unveiling (assuming not with Daimler) B+0, SB+50
Tesla begin developing aircraft B+200, SB+300
Tesla will be the best manufacturer on the planet by far, Alien Dreadnought will finally become real B+50, SB+50
Chicago Loop completes only 1 year late B+0, SB+0
Other positives B+200, SB+50

2023 B$2425, SB$3450; Finishing B$2825, SB$3950 ($4000 SP prediction end 2023 (ARK))

Other positives B+200, SB+200

2024 B$2825, SB$3950; Finishing B$3525, SB$4950

Masterplan part quatre (quatro preferable to avoid the feline jokes) B+0, SB+0
Agricultural Tractor?
Bus (School bus + long distance for Greyhound)?
Container ship?
Fixed home assembled made from trailer home core + Boring bricks?
Elon successfully lobby’s for worldwide UBI starting at $5k per annum in 2028 B+0, SB+0
Tesla trailer house / RV unveiled? (moved from 2022) B+300, SB+500
Other positives B+200, SB+200

It no longer seems unrealistic that Tesla one day will operate between 10-12 factories around the world, with an output of more than five million cars sometime after 2025, with revenues from automotive vehicles alone approaching a quarter of a trillion dollars
Tesla Energy will finally live up to its expectations and revenues after 2025 will exceed $100B
The company could be valued at $500B or $1 trillion sometime after 2025
A large number of TMC forum members will probably end up becoming millionaires between now and 2030 (if they aren't already)
Unmanned BFR to Mars (2025 - Elon planning earlier)

Mars with colonists (2028 - Elon 7-10 years)

Ron Baron estimate $1T revenue 2030

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

kalensc posted:

Your nick/av made me realize that Tesla batteries must be filled with tripolidine.

Riding With Death: The Elon Musk story

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

Everytime there is an auto pilot accident/death, bezingas rush to defend but but but they were supposed to keep their hands on the wheel at all times!!

I wonder who told them that it was OK to do that?

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I just bought 1000x 1/27/2020 10Ps for $8000

If they are bankrupt before 2020, this will net me slightly under a million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

so a 20M securities fraud fine to 'burn the shorts' = worth it

but whoever is ordering more rolls of 2-ply of toilet paper for the company bathroom when we CLEARLY have a bunch of extra rolls will be OUT ON YOUR rear end SO HELP ME GOD

:thumbsup: