Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose posted:

What happens with maintenance on Tesla's once the company goes bust does your car become hosed?

I predicted somewhere that all the Teslas would get bricked, which is my favorite option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Not a Children posted:

I thought it was funny enough that a self-professed genius took that long to complete a double degree program, but the fact that he's been making up his chops for 20 years is just fuckin' nuts. I can't believe this is the guy people are lining up behind

Bein' born rich and confident really is all that matters

But he made electric "cars" and space rockets! He's the future! We will follow him to the Mars colony!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

It always fascinates me when people think you can just fly to work. Like where will you park your aircraft all day when you're at work?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Really, the last apartment I lived in was built in the late 60's, and apparently they had planned for it to have an airstrip out back so you could fly to work.

They never built the airstrip, or the entertainment complex, or the shopping center, but there was a golf course that is now a housing development.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mandatory lesbian posted:

You fools don't realize this is the entrance ride to muskworld opening in 2022

I'm all for Musk buriging himself and his followers underground like the plot of Poltergeist 2.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shifty Pony posted:

good lord those tracks are absolute poo poo. like inept homeowner DIY driveway quality leveling.

An inept homeowner would at least put some effort into it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

peepeepants posted:

wow, so simple. seems like they really thought about merging underground at 150 mph.

I'm glad to see that someone still uses MacPaint on a Mac Plus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What's even more amusing to me about these tunnels is Musky boi seems convinced that cities are built directly on top of dirt.

It's not like there's power, sewage, data, water, and subway lines that could extend quite deep beneath them. Not to mention there's other things like underground parking lots and other sub-levels of buildings.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ymgve posted:

Just dig deeper.

No, deeeeeeper.

Then you have to contend with balrogs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kraanerg posted:

seriously, what is his plan for when a single car breaks down and holds up all of traffic?

Seal it in concrete.

Real chat though: They're doing construction on one of the freeways near me, so the far left lane is an express lane at the moment that is sealed off on both sides by jersey barriers. Someone broke down on that one morning, and it took hours to get it cleared out because it's literally 3 miles with no lanes you can switch into.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This would be better if he had just decided that people should should ride roller coasters to work

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Powershift posted:

Why isn't there a roller coaster public transit option? Roller coaster rails elevated above the ground are a lot less harmful than big concrete light rail tracks.

Just think of how much more productive everyone would be after such an adrenaline rush at 6 in the morning

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lord Stimperor posted:

Catapults imo

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

infernal machines posted:

imagine it being your job, spending days, weeks even, designing or building this stupid loving thing because the owner of your company likes a gag from a 43 year old movie

What movie is it supposed to be from?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shifty Pony posted:

I was more laughing about how the bricks aren't even laid flush.

Construction, how does it loving work?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sometimes less is more

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wheany posted:

The genius Elon Musk invented putting infrastructure underground.

New York and London have some pretty old subways.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Springfield Monorail was at least practical, and would have worked in the hands of a reputable firm.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

can teslas even get to 150 mph? maybe if they said kph it would be believable.

A high school kid wrapped one around a tree at 100 mph earlier this year. She killed her best friend, and severely injured the other two passengers on the way to prom.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/butler-county/monroe/monroe-hs-student-dies-after-prom-night-crash

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sir Tonk posted:

i almost cant believe how bad that looks

I like how in the CBS video, he's all like "yeah, I left the scaffolding of the elevator exposed because it looks cool, very steampunk"

No it doesn't you loving moron, it looks lazy as poo poo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sir Tonk posted:

good thing there isnt anything already undergraound in cities

I remember once seeing a diagram that was a cross section of what's underground a city, it was pretty cool, but yeah, there's a ton of poo poo under there, it's not just dirt.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Skellybones posted:

For some reason this reminds me of the nightmarish insane warp drive room from Event Horizon

I would take back every bad thing I've ever said about Elon Musk if he did open a gateway to hell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how Elon Musk apparently doesn't realize that concrete, is porous. I'm not an expert on concrete, but wouldn't that not only make it impossible to pressurized (other than the fact that you'd have vehicles entering and exiting frequently)?

On top of that, water passes through concrete, so those tunnels would become musty as gently caress in no time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Goodpancakes posted:

CEOs really justifying their salaries with a sub 30 hour work week which is 50% meetings lol

I imagine their meetings are very similar to American Psycho where they just compare business cards

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Siljmonster posted:

ELONB MUSK PAID NPC TO PUT HIMSELF INTO STAR TREK YOU loving GOONS

I would have paid to get put into TNG or DS9, but STD, hell no

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: this is going to explode

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Venom Snake posted:

SpaceX contracted the finest Ork Mechboyz that teef could buy

Needs a red paint job

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A MIRACLE posted:

are they really gonna fly that

I hope that Elon Musk pilots it himself

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Food Boner posted:

seriously there is no way that thing can handle >1 g of acceleration it looks like it can barely handle 1

Ork technology just works

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WHat?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Just :lol: that you get a free "elon's musk" air freshener

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Did they ever address the problem where assembly robots were punching holes in the battery casings beyond just hot-gluing them shut again?

I mean, I can guess the answer ("no, and you're a pedophile!"), but was curious.

Actually the answer is that the owner shot the battery and the bullet caused it to burst into flames.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

crazy cloud posted:

i just went to stankmemes.com for the first time because the morbid curiosity welled up past the point of clicking, and this is definitely what will keep tesla afloat

Take a screenshot so that I don't have to go there

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: killing myself to own the doubters

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gschmidl posted:

They work without an internet connection, so presumably until Google Maps changes the API again?

I will totally laugh my rear end off when these cars start getting bricked.

Even if they don't get bricked, they'll never be able to be repaired either, the only repair parts available would be off of those cars that are already bricked off of the assembly line, assuming they're not sold for scrap ASAP.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao a couple bazingas are going to die trying to prove the cultmaster right

:yeah:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who the gently caress buys a new car as an investment? :psyduck: Is he treating it like flipping a house?

Some cars can be, but they're old and not Teslas

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: that Consumer Reports ever gave Tesla a recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Uh, excuse me CR but did you miss where I said I still Love The Car after even though the trunk filled up with water and electrocuted my dog?

Sounds like a feature not a bug.