Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
no idea why you guys are throwing so much poo poo at someone trying to save humanity. guess it’s easier to bitch and complain from mom’s basement than actually try to help the world yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

a lot of anti-founder negativity ITT smdh

https://twitter.com/jason/status/1016063437351223296?s=21

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
are you sure you didn’t misread it and he just likes flan

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Marzzle posted:

Like, part of being an OK engineer or designer or whatever is saying "Hey, I am EXTREMELY UNQUALIFIED to design something that people's loving lives will depend on". Even if the world wants to suck you off and pretend you are literally LE REAL TONY STARK, you have a responsibility to step away from the problem and let more qualified people deal with it. It's sorta like you wouldn't try to perform heart surgery on someone if you're a pharmacist. What he tried to do is basically really lovely from an engineering ethics standpoint.

cocaine is a helluva drug

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

anyone ever notice he pays 69 cents

“nice”

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
getting some really mixed feelings here

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
in my headcanon he's running over Jeb! there

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
my medals are for twitter, paypal, and dollar sign.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Elon... is a MESS.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Seeking Alpha.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Teal posted:

Oatmeal loving sucks.

Put a little peanut butter in there, it's better than you think

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

grimes is a commercial product, whatever her record label is told her how to act to be more appealing to their target consumers

i dunno, i mean her origin story is basically a cabin in rural canada + crystal meth

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It Always Takes Longer Than You Think

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://twitter.com/hoonable/status/1023921043914850304?s=21

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
great company. LOVE the car. it broke my rear end

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
how much is that in milliards

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
yeah, ol’ Musky is entering his “fat Elvis” days

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

pigz posted:

But of course the fan boys just accept the car anyway.

put down a deposit on the model cuck

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
elon musk is so full of poo poo

https://twitter.com/danahull/status/1024729508593782784?s=21

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Truga posted:

e: also lol @ pedobear in 2018, who makes these graphs :cripes:

I just assume that’s in reference to the Thai cave diver

at least he’s wearing a cute hat

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rated PG-34 posted:

tesla valuation just north of 60B. looks like we all got owned

unless you’re short the stock, who cares? they’re still losing money hand over fist

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
lol the 35k model 3 isn’t coming before July 2019 (if ever)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
has anyone said "autismobile"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I kind of like "fail hosed" but isn't it just "cascading failure"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ugh he's like trump crossed with reddit

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Now yes, you might die. But, you might not.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?s=21

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://twitter.com/ravenvanderrave/status/1026724509565558784?s=21

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

that’s outright securities fraud if he’s talking out his rear end again. wow

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
please take motorcycle chat to some other dumbass thread

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

anime was right posted:

securities fraud to prevent my company from going bankrupt to own.... actually, to just not get owned

wish I could get owned... by someone with deeper pockets

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Also if it gets bought at $420/share he instantely gets that capital he didn't have to raise for Q3/4

he doesn’t, actually, unless the transaction would tack on newly issued shares

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

can we get a breakdown somewhere of how this is securities fraud? faithful are claiming that tweeting news has always been perfectly fine and i don't know how much of a lie they're telling with that

tweets satisfy the requirements of Reg FD

...so long as he’s not lying...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://twitter.com/jcmccracken/status/1026910665938808832?s=21

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

I've said this a few times and I don't want to come across as a Tesla apologist, but the cars in the desert thing is for two specific reasons: first, customers won't get the $7000 tax credit if their cars are delivered before Q4

what? you have this precisely backwards. the $7,500 credit ENDS at the end of Q4 (dropping down to $3,750) so the incentive is to sell as many cars as you possibly can before then

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

Prior to that, it would phase out per manufacturer if they delivered more than 200,000 vehicles per quarter, dropping 50% the next two quarters and 25% for the following two. With so many preorders, it would make no sense for them to trigger the phase-out any earlier.

they already hit the 200k trigger

what they want to do now is sell as much as possible

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I haven’t read the graeber book about this yet but oh yeah, there are so many bullshit jobs out there it’s kind of impressive. where your job gets so abstract—okay, I guess what this organization does is necessary, and I guess they need people like me to do it, but my own personal day-to-day tasks are largely meaningless—that it’s hard to have any sort of pride about it

of course I’m sure I’d find something to bitch about if I was digging ditches too

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Socks4Hands posted:

Does anyone here have contacts with journalists covering Tesla? I'm an international shipping analyst and I believe I've stumbled onto something sufficiently large that it could explain Musk's behavior today.

Some people you'd want to talk to are Ed Neidermeyer, Dana Hull, Lara Kolodny, and Linette Lopez.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Socks4Hands posted:

Thanks, already reached out to Dana.

Good luck. If you ever feel like sharing, please email me (without going too deeply into the details if need be) at my user name @ gmail.com.

This poo poo is like a reality show for me.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

What level of cognitive dissonance do you have to have at this point to say Tesla is anything but a success story? Like really?

You have to be able to read financial statements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

TrilliontonNixon posted:

If a loving goon of all people is actually the one to take down Musk I'm going to go live amongst the squirrels in the woods, because gently caress trying to participate in this clownshit society.

It was a goon who tipped off the paint shop story too, but it didn't really matter.