Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

babypolis posted:

and instantly started sucking up to him lmao

why does musk respond to people on twitter :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

been waiting for these articles to start, sure has taken awhile.

dude would've been fine if he had just stayed off twitter

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

imagine thinking thats a good thing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

Bloomberg's Weekly Testla Tracker dropped from 4300 last week to 2800 this week (although they expect it to jump back up next week I guess?)

lmao

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ill admit, id be upset about tesla folding if only because thered be less of the rich people complaining that their car locked their infant inside it or whatever

youre asking for trouble if your target audience is the most privileged assholes on the planet.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Friends father in law has a Tesla and is a Musk true believer.

I have to hear about his grievances in whispers. The latest one was that the car rolled down the windows in the middle of the night during a rainstorm and the whole inside got soaked.

see? how can we live without these amazing anecdotes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Truga posted:

ok which one of you clicked the storefronts instead of crosswalks on your captcha??

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FistEnergy posted:

lol I can't get enough of this stuff

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-tesla-parts-service-20180724-story.html

It's everything that's wrong about big corporations but in a slick new package

huh, its like the other manufacturers keep their cars less technologically advanced for a reason or something

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

which one is grimes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

etalian posted:

lmao is that Grimes?

Wow

why is everyone naming their kids griffin? theres a bunch of people in games journalism that did this as well

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

so pathetic

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1021206362095665152

uh huh

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the elon defense force chanting fake news in the replies is pretty funny

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Ytlaya posted:

This whole cartoon-thing is so pathetic. Like how can you find yourself writing something like that and not stop part-way through and think "what the gently caress is wrong with me?" Is he from a rich family, or does doing a popular webtoon make you enough money to afford an expensive luxury car?

Also, that guy has the sense of humor of a 19 year old. There is no excuse for someone over the age of 21 or so writing poo poo like that.

edit: From what I can tell, this "Oatmeal" comic embodies all the worst aspects of "young nerdy person humor." Even as a college student, I remember being confused at all the "i am so zany, bacon is the best food, etc" humor and just sort of nodding and smiling to fit in socially.

this is literally every thirty-something dude in silicon valley

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

anime was right posted:

tesla is stupid but i mean thats a completely normal amount of cars to store

for GM, or Ford, sure.

not for a company that is months late on deliveries to customers

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shiksa posted:

im sorry this is an outrage, the sex pistols were the boy band for the clothing boutique

rocking the casbah

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Boner Pill Connoisseur posted:

christ imagine being the nerd surfing on that, fuckin kooks

not one will ever see water

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:stoked:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

triple sulk posted:

it's been a thing for years now but i'm so loving sick of the trend of "stupid loving expression of confusion" for youtube video thumbnails

its annoyingly effective

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shear Modulus posted:

Uber driver sucked me off?????

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

these stories are great because everyone in them is reprehensible.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shear Modulus posted:

just got my surfboard. it looks really nice. love the tesla logo. unfortunately i took it out to the beach and as soon as i took it into the water it burst into flame. i called the customer line and apparently there was a mix-up and a small amount of the surfboards used a varnish made entirely out of pure sodium. hopeful that my replacement will arrive by the time i get out of the burn ward!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Musk!

Sir Tonk has issued a correction as of 14:50 on Aug 1, 2018

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah sorry we're gonna have to pass until you integrate blockchain

Pretty sure youd make millions if you made exercise equipment that farmed bitcoin.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rudatron posted:

Holy poo poo

Filling punctured batteries with glue and then putting clamshells over it

Musk is going to jail

lol Musk will never even be charged with a crime

the rich never pay for anything

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

bring back old gbs posted:

Teslas are famous for being built by scrounging in the parts bins of better car companies. electronic seat controls, steering column, window switches are from Merdeces, HVAC blower from a Kia Optima, gas pedal is from a Ford Fusion, Range Rover steering rack, windshield wiper motor from a giant 18-wheeler(seriously lol).

But apparently they actually build the seats themselves. The seats that need to be jacked up with scraps of wood. the seats that, if you complain about the comfort on tesla forums, they tell you that you're probably sitting wrong. So there is no way they have mechanical controls. No loving way they are capable of engineering that. If the seat needed mechanical controls they'd be taking it from the parts bin of a legitimate automaker.

lol its AMC all over again

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

hobbesmaster posted:

yeah but the swat team T posed and fell through the floor :rip:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rigged Death Trap posted:

At least AMC made their cars cost as much as their methods lol

telsa should make a new pacer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

old if it lets you play missile command

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

capitalism is so loving dumb

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Agrajag posted:

capitalism is so loving dumb

:psyduck:

it was over a billion, they just refused to pay supplies like $400 million and didnt count that as a loss

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Reclines Obesily posted:

yeah he'll step down in 2 years to run the greatest company on earth, the USA

musk being president after trump is exactly what this country deserves

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

It's just...if you pay like $100k for a car don't just shrug off a laundry list of defects and flaws

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

I'm guessing it's because people are afraid of being shuttled back to the end of the line and waiting another six months

its the same reason trump voters wont admit that they regret voting for him (the ones that do, at least). theyre white people that are more worried about admitting a mistake than losing money. its why theranos lasted so long, even though their idea was hilariously improbable and they never accomplished anything.

the perfect people for silicon valley to get rich off of

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sentient Data posted:

Gotta love that new car shine

hahahahahahahaha

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Wulfolme posted:

i dont think anyone regrets voting trump

plenty of "traditional" conservatives do. the bush I voters, the dole voters. they settled for trump and hoped that congress would keep him on a leash.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:cripes:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

veiled boner fuel posted:

The acceleration ability is pretty cool tbh, if you're into that sort of thing. A P100D goes 0-60 quicker than the quickest Lambo for ~1/3 the price and without having a suspension that is likely to turn your spine into jello. That isn't due to any engineering genius on the part of Tesla or Musk though, it's just what happens when you put two relatively large electric motors in a car.

I used to troll the Tesla forums occasionally and all the owners/posters are pretty crazy but even among the crazy you'd have the super crazy people. People that would completely earnestly say things like "All internal combustion cars are garbage and they should be banned immediately so that the Tesla revolution can happen."

The best was them sitting around circle jerking over how fast a Tesla would be on the Nurburgring or some other racetrack because they were 100% sure that a 120k dollar Tesla would beat every Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari on the planet just because of their acceleration. Which was always retarded because even though they accelerate well they don't have particularly good brakes or sporting suspension plus a Model S weighs in the same neighborhood as a Ford F-150, and you just can't overcome physics.

Then Car & Driver tested it as part of their annual Lightning Lap and it turned in a time slower than a 27 thousand dollar Subaru WRX, due to poo poo brakes and overheating batteries (you can demand all that electricity for 10 seconds or so to turn a great 1/4 mile time but it turns out demanding it off and on again for a 3 minute lap overheats the batteries and it goes into limp mode).

this is especially hilarious because the musk defense force is the same people that would have complained about old muscle cars not being able to turn or stop in the 80's as japanese sports cars showed how turning worked with cars that werent as fast.

edit, holy gently caress that thing weighs 5000 pounds? hahahaha ahahahaha

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just caught part of an episode of MegaFactories on TV. It was from a few years ago and all about Tesla.

It's amazing how obvious what we know now was when looking at footage from back then*. The segment I saw was all about their super advanced production facility with spiffy clean robots and all that.

But all I could see were the total lack of safety barriers, no markings on the freshly painted white floor, and all the staff (including a wandering executive pulling his suitcase along the ground behind him like he was at an airport) not wearing a single piece of PPE.

One shot had a robot pick up a huge flat metal panel from a pile sitting on the floor and spinning around with the edges perfectly at neck height. No safety barriers whatsoever.

In fact, the only safety barriers I saw were a few yellow bollards spaced about 5m apart which you could literally have driven a truck through.

It's even on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC3bUpt4m-A

Here's a shot taken from the opening of the video. It's certainly all shiny and sci fi, but this is not what a car manufacturing plant should look like.

* Good lord, that's a clunky sentence.

Y'all weren't kidding about the lack of yellow safety markings, that place looks hilariously dangerous.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
i dunno, that seems like a good implementation to me

dumb rich person driving tesla dies with his whole family when they cant figure out how to open the doors. the world is a suddenly a slightly better place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

these accounts are going to get so many people

etalian posted:

Imagin the venn diagram crossover between people who believe BTC is better than filthy fiat and those who believe that Musk is working to save the world.

lol