Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Gridlocked posted:

I can't 5 this thread enough

Also Yelm IIRC isn't he The Bad Emperor in KODP?

Once, the Sky was very close to the Earth, and he watched everything with his all seeing eyes. But the Air soon entered the world, and tore apart the Earth and the Sky to make room for himself, and ever since this time the people of the Sky and the Air have made war on each other.

But obviously we worship Yelm, as is proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
Yelm

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
food gets you through times of disorder better than order gets you through times of no food. Nyalda.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

palecur posted:

food gets you through times of disorder better than order gets you through times of no food. Nyalda.

Nyalda

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Nyalda doesn't really deal with food. There are other gods that do that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Nyalda doesn't really deal with food. There are other gods that do that.

She does do some other cool stuff though. Really this choice here is probably the best-balanced of the choices in clan creation. From a pure optimization point of view they're about equally good.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Nyalda (because I’m playing a Yelm clan)

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Oh yeah they're both cool just thought I should say that description for Nyalda is actually a little misleading. She won't be directly blessing crops or anything.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also Nyalda let's be different

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Yelm, the Good Emperor of Light

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

palecur posted:

Nyalda

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

palecur posted:

You know what’s important for growing food though? The sun

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Yeah but he’s dead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

andrew smash posted:

Yeah but he’s dead

not yet he isn't

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spoilers for like, two clan choices from now

A vote for Yelm is a vote for Elmal, and Elmal is basically the coolest god. Vote Elmal.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

cheetah7071 posted:

not yet he isn't

Time being what it is, he both is and isn’t dead. But mostly, orlanth owned him and he’s dead.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

andrew smash posted:

Time being what it is, he both is and isn’t dead. But mostly, orlanth owned him and he’s dead.

The question is specifically "who did we worship as our primary god back in the day, when we were living in Yelm's empire"

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

andrew smash posted:

Well, he dies every night and is reborn every day, if you want to get specific.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
edit grudgingly admitting i don't want to skew things

but i am delighted to have some interesting discussion going about Clan History Vote One

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 10, 2018

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Nyalda. Death to the false Emperor....I think?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Yelm, just to spite the Rams, because Rams are dicks.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest my vote for Nyalda is mostly based on the train of thought of earth -> earthquakes = KODP nukes (IIRC) -> hell yeah

e: also if Yelm likes order then he must hate tricksters so he is anathema to me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'll be honest my vote for Nyalda is mostly based on the train of thought of earth -> earthquakes = KODP nukes (IIRC) -> hell yeah

e: also if Yelm likes order then he must hate tricksters so he is anathema to me

Nyalda is a proper earth goddess, not like those troublemaking earthquake junkies the Rams worship

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I have no idea what this is or what the vote means or whatever, so I'm just voting Yelm for the heck of it.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Nyalda

Praise the earth!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I think we're building our clan halls on earth, not the sun so let's go Nyalda.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Yelm

He's a good emperor now, and always has and will be. Linear Time is a sham, anyways.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yelm, worshipping Sun deities has never gone wrong so why stop now?

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
Nyalda cuz I like eating.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Yelm

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Nyalda

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Yelm. The Sun God's the fun god!

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Nyalda let's go earth

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'd like to see Yelm.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Nyalda

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
Yelm

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Nyalda

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Earth, Nature, Balance. Nyalda

I was just looking at this game the other day. Shame the android release is so far away.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Yelm because his name sounds like yum.

And who are the Rams? Is that a derogatory term for Orlanthi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

White Coke posted:

Yelm because his name sounds like yum.

And who are the Rams? Is that a derogatory term for Orlanthi?

This isn't really spoilers but just in case people don't want anything from past where we are, even basic setting facts:

yup Rams is what we Riders call those fuckers who worship that massive jackass Orlanth