Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yo, I suggested an edit in the quote.

Ahhhh, dang okay I haven't managed it myself and though the constant messages were standard. Got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

cheetah7071 posted:

One day, that quets will be failed so many times cumulatively that it will become the true story, and all cows will instantly disappear, having been eaten by wolves ages ago

I've been giggling about this for a good five minutes now, thanks. It would be a very Glorantha thing to happen.

Thankfully, our cowquest is significantly less bloodthirsty.

Also, Sureshot

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So can I run this on a Mac or does it have to be an iPhone?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Guildenstern Mother posted:

So can I run this on a Mac or does it have to be an iPhone?

iPhone or iPad only right now. It's coming to Steam with both PC and Mac versions sometime 2019

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

cheetah7071 posted:

iPhone or iPad only right now. It's coming to Steam with both PC and Mac versions sometime 2019

This is clearly the work of chaos.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think there's some hacky way to run iOS through Xcode on a mac isn't there?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Looks like Sureshot is so popular that I'm not going to bother holding a second vote on the blessing topic right now.

That's fine. It is, in fact, a real good blessing.

Swords are a respectable second place, but getting Sureshot up will at minimum take the entire dark season.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Endarei 12, Early Dark Season

Sacrifice to Dostal, looking for Sureshot.

:argh:

I'll put up the details of the myth after we handle the event.

People of the Burnpeak clan have been acting skittish around you lately. Doubtless this is due to your fighting prowess. Some of your advisers say that is a problem. Others, that it is an opportunity.

- Allay their fears with a gift.
- Demand tribute from them.
- Make them fear you with a large attack.
- Make them fear you with an honor raid.
- Do nothing.

- The people will not like it if we fight and fail, or if we fail to fight.
She wants either of the attack options.

- When wealth is taken by force, it is the emissary who speaks, not the trader.
She wants to either gift them or do nothing.

- When the First Clan split into the Four Clans, they said they would not fight. And for a year, this held true.
Demand tribute or launch either form of raid.

- Honor raid. HONOR RAID!!
Guess.

- Elmal made honor raids so brothers could fight without descending into strife.
Demand tribute or honor raid.

- We should crack Charioteer skulls instead.
Gift or tribute.

- A full battle is riskier than an honor raid, but carries greater rewards.
Honor raid.

The Burnpeak are significantly non-neighbor Riders. They are known for their fondness for exploring.

Making a clan fear you makes them way easier to win a fight against, and may make intimidate options slightly more powerful against all clans. Any of the fear options would probably hurt our relations with the Burnpeaks, though.

We have 686 herds and 87 goods. We have 8 active Swords. 2 clans like us, 1 mocks us, 0 fear us.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 18, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Steal their goats in a full raid. This is Dark Season, right? If we're still in Earth then stick to the Honor Raid

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Steal their goats in a full raid. This is Dark Season, right? If we're still in Earth then stick to the Honor Raid

It's Dark.

I think event raids get a pass on the whole blizzard thing, but it'd be pretty funny to go "Honor raid. HONOR RAID!! :black101:" and then get "Our raiding party was snowed in and returned home. :geno: "

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

What the heck is a honor raid?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Honor raid. HONOR RAID!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ratoslov posted:

An honor raid is when we find one of their nobles, beat them up, and steal their jewelry, rather than seriously trying to loot their wealth

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 18, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

Smaller raid where you're not there to steal cows / get loot / commit genocide, you're just showing up to kick rear end.

Oh, apparently I forgot a bit. Yeah, people, read Cheetah's post - and Cheetah, you can de-spoil that if you want.

Fat Samurai posted:

Make them fear us.Full Raid if we can send 12+ swords, Honor raid otherwise

We have 8. :v: Added that to the post.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 18, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Make them fear us.Full Raid if we can send 12+ swords, Honor raid otherwise

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Oh, awesome. Honor raid! HONOR RAID!

Even though I suspect we'll get our asses kicked.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Honor raid - beat/loot the poo poo out of a top one percent. :derptiel:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Honor raid sounds like just the ticket. We'll show them our fighting prowess first hand.

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!

cheetah7071 posted:

I guess this is kinda spoilers since there's no way to know other than to get an event involving one, but an honor raid is when we find one of their nobles, beat them up, and steal their jewelry, rather than seriously trying to loot their wealth

Their honor belts, specifically. Hence "honor raid". (= not a vote, just explaining ;))

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Honor Raids sound like a rad way to show off.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JanPospisil posted:

Their honor belts, specifically. Hence "honor raid". (= not a vote, just explaining ;))

Do all Rider dudes (and fighting dudettes, I guess) have honor belts, or is it specifically a noble thing?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Is this our healer chomping at the bit to beat up some poor fool?

In any case I support the sentiment, so Honor raid.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Do all Rider dudes (and fighting dudettes, I guess) have honor belts, or is it specifically a noble thing?

I'm pretty sure it's just nobles. I'm not 100% sure if Swords count as nobles like weaponthanes did in KoDP.

e: I guess everyone has them and it's just that only nobles have ones worth stealing

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 18, 2018

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Is this our healer chomping at the bit to beat up some poor fool?

In any case I support the sentiment, so Honor raid.

She's been really into the warlike options. Maybe she wants to reduce violence through terrifying everyone into not attacking us.

- Fear will keep the local clans in line.

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

All adults do. Their ehm...size (or width?) and the amount of wealth plaques sewn onto them reflect their social status. (as well as personal history, family history and rune affinity)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's important to remember that in Glorantha, a noble is anyone rich enough to be able to spend a lot of time doing religious ceremonies (and getting the awesome magic that gives them.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

wiegieman posted:

It's important to remember that in Glorantha, a noble is anyone rich enough to be able to spend a lot of time doing religious ceremonies (and getting the awesome magic that gives them.)

We Riders actually have a cooler story on how our clans divided themselves into nobles and commoners than just "nobles are the rich ones". It's one of the stories in the Lore tab that you can't do a quest to. Presumably GreyjoyBastard will post it at some point.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

They're kind of a long way away and while a honor raid sounds like fun, asking for tribute means it's just our messengers and theirs who might get lost in the snow, not our very important Swords. (Also, tribute means money to buy the little-s swords for our big-s Swords.)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

zonohedron posted:

They're kind of a long way away and while a honor raid sounds like fun, asking for tribute means it's just our messengers and theirs who might get lost in the snow,
Counter argument: Honor raid. HONOR RAID!!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

That lady scared me into supporting an honor raid

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

She's been really into the warlike options. Maybe she wants to reduce violence through terrifying everyone into not attacking us.

- Fear will keep the local clans in line.

Now this is my kind of healer :getin:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!!

Wouldn't do to piss off our healer now.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Our healer wants blood.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I'm really pretty happy with our (reorganized) initial circle from a character standpoint.

- Our leader likes sharing interesting anecdotes. She's not been great at offering advice so far, but that's fine.
- Our trader also likes the occasional lore tidbit and is reasonably tradery.
- Think of the goats!
- Our healer seeks to Reach Pacifism Through Violence.
- Our shaman is a shaman, and may also hate wheels.
- We have a Raven.
- Our warleader offers useful advice and has at least once or twice framed things in Hyalor-think, which is particularly important to Rider culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrinkingBird
Sep 26, 2017
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!!