Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

JcDent posted:

None of you assholes asked the important question:
are
the
ducks
in
the
game?

Also, are those LPs not on LP archive? If so, why?

It's no spoiler to say that the ducks are not in the game, it's too far north for that, they're really rather regional to sartar/dragon pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

You don't need archives, actually. It's just in permanent "ready to be archived" state like a lot of other threads because our benevolent and glorious code de-OHGODWHYRADIUMWHYDIDYOUDOTHIS-ers couldn't find another way to save threads from some hosed up legacy code they're stuck with from the early days of SA.

e: Also, :horse: all the way

my dad fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 11, 2018

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

:black101: Battle of Akashar :black101:

Kicking rear end is crucial

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Werris Mur.

We are a welcoming people who accept input from all.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
When the Werris Mur joined us as citizens.

This clan is will be well led.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Thank you, thank you werris mur

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Seventeen Banner Camp

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

RickVoid posted:

I linked to the wrong Infinitum thread, whoops.

Still need archives though
Honestly people should read that one first, because it adequately demonstrates why you do not gently caress with the ducks. But yeah, the insane unbroken chain of Heroquests was quite a sight to behold.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Elmal Battle!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
The Brass Bazaar, where Ekarna acted as broker between Nida Mountain and Genert's Garden.

Why punch people when you can make friends? We will need to punch people. Repeatedly

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Vote for the Bone Singers of the Eldar Erissa!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

NewMars posted:

It's no spoiler to say that the ducks are not in the game, it's too far north for that, they're really rather regional to sartar/dragon pass.

Didn't they use to have a vast and powerful empire?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Elmal Battle. Epic fantasy means fantasy about horses. :colbert:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

White Coke posted:

Didn't they use to have a vast and powerful empire?

They had numerous and powerful friends. They had these friends because they lived virtuous lives, were generous with their crops, and had some of the most powerful Humakti warriors the world has ever seen. When they faced hardship, Orlanthi and Centaurs and Trolls and stranger things beside would show up to repay their debts.

Real stupid looking, though. Have you ever seen a duck try to get something off a shelf? Just keep taking their stuff and putting it on slightly higher surfaces, and you've got an evening's entertainment.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Voting closes in, uh, either forty minutes, or when I finish my count if the latter isn't neck and neck again.

Keeping three numbers correctly counted apparently exceeds my abilities without textpad open.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Current vote total:

Bird Talking 13
Elmal Battle 12
Werris Mur 10

Other stuff.

I'll leave it open until the cowbell tolls the hour then.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Elmal Battle. Epic fantasy means fantasy about horses. :colbert:

Can't argue with that logic. Elmal Battle!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bird talk.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Voting is closed.

:parrot:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Seventeen Banner Camp, when wise Relandar advised Khorlavus how to ally the bird riders.

Ever since, men and women of our clan have been noted for their diplomacy.

Umath's son Orlanth led a conspiracy of rebel gods against Emperor Yelm. Armed with the new power of Death, he slew Yelm, sending his light to the Underworld.

When the sun fell from the sky, the empire fell apart. Smaller suns lit the world in Yelm's place. Darkness and Sea gods became a threat, but the Storm god Orlanth and his violent allies dominated.

What was the worst danger your ancestors faced at this time?

- Trolls fled the Underworld to the surface darkness. Always hungry, they tried to devour our herds.
- A great flood drowned the Empire. We helped Anaxial the Sailor build a great ship to save civilization.
- The War of Many Suns, when pretenders to the solar throne fought to assert control over our Golden City, Nivorah.
- The Ram People marched on the Empire, razing the city of Elempur. We helped the Emperor avenge it.
- When the City of Chimes wanted to surrender to the Scorpion Queen, we gave them heart.
- Our worst danger came later.

If you select "later", it (in our first migration, after another vote or two) offers four more options - so if you vote for "later", please also specify which later enemy.

If later: Which of these proved to be your worst enemy?

- The Plant Folk, also called elves.
- The Stone Folk, also called dwarves.
- The Ram People, followers of the demigod Vingkot, son of the storm god Orlanth.
- The Night Men, also called trolls.

Later-trolls and earlier-trolls will be added together for vote purposes, later-Rams and earlier-Rams will be added together, but if you wish to vote for the later version please specify that. It may have under-the-hood impacts.

We will fight better against our chosen enemy, our ancestors will expect us to beat on our chosen enemy when given the chance, and our chosen enemy may be more ill-disposed towards us.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
When the City of Chimes wanted to surrender to the Scorpion Queen, we gave them heart.

The Scorpion Queen sounds :black101:, which is a perfect enemy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Rams killed our god, they must pay

(later version)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
The Night Men, also called trolls.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

A great flood! The water came in torrents!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Scorpion Queen sounds rockin'.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
For what it's worth, the tutorial tells us that choosing rams makes the game noticeably harder. Figure it's okay to repeat what the tutorial says about the choices

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 11, 2018

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

cheetah7071 posted:

Rams killed our god, they must pay

(later version)

This

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

A great flood! The water came in torrents!

This is pictured in the fantastic event picture.

cheetah7071 posted:

For what it's worth, the tutorial tells us that choosing rams makes the game noticeably harder. Figure it's okay to repeat what the tutorial says about the choices

I think that's fine. I think leaving it spoiler-tagged is good.

Same way I spoiler tagged the mechanics behind the God Event so that people who just wanted to choose for flavor could do so.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
later ram

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

When the City of Chimes wanted to surrender to the Scorpion Queen, we gave them heart.
We're diplomancers, let's do some more diplomancing

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
- When the City of Chimes wanted to surrender to the Scorpion Queen, we gave them heart.

Uhh fighting a Scorpion Queen sounds metal af :rock:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

I ain't afraid of no scorpion queen

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Scorpion Queen sounds pretty badass, let's do that one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I hate to abandon the immortal wisdom of the great sage Fedarkos, but I'm going to say the Scorpion Queen sounds like bad news.

Also, having played but not beaten the game, there will be plenty of Ram fighting regardless . The Orlanthi are assholes

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

After you make your choice, the game lets you know what, generally speaking, you'll be getting your bonuses and expectations against. Here's what the more opaque options let / make you fight:

Scorpion Queen: Chaos
Flood: the forces of Water and their human worshippers
War of Many Suns: Dara Happans, particularly Alkoth

edit: I left something of some potential importance out.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 11, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

I hate to abandon the immortal wisdom of the great sage Fedarkos, but I'm going to say the Scorpion Queen sounds like bad news.

Also, having played but not beaten the game, there will be plenty of Ram fighting regardless . The Orlanthi are assholes

All of the Great Enemies can be expected to show up to various degrees. Some of them aren't necessarily particularly hostile if you don't pick them as enemies and don't harass them in game, though.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 11, 2018

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I am 100% down to fight some Scorpion Queen fuckery

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Scorpion Queen.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What is one Scorpion Queen, compared to the time when we defended our Golden City from many suns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
- Our worst danger came later.

- The Plant Folk, also called elves. :argh: