Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Yelm all the way. We are the children of light in a world filled with darkness

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:black101: Battle of Akashar :black101:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
- When the City of Chimes wanted to surrender to the Scorpion Queen, we gave them heart.

Uhh fighting a Scorpion Queen sounds metal af :rock:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
If you see that artwork and don't immediately want to wreck that stupid scorpions face. I have no idea what to tell you :shrug:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I mean the image just gives context that yea; Scorpion Queen is actually what it sounds like

I’m not as deep in the lore as others but those human attendant’s attire tells you everything you need to know

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
While chaos may have been a safe choice it also means if things go wrong. It’ll be bad news

Smithing we kept our tools sharp

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
If we're leaning into this learnin business, then let us be truly enlightened and magic the gently caress out of people. Plus money always becomes inconsequential when you're a wizard :homebrew:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I mean what else would better symbolize our dedication to our ancestors? Blazing Goat

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We need to ensure there’s enough space for our goats: Clear Pastures

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We’re magicians, let’s kidnap commune with the local spirits

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Just a reminder: if you're voting for the spirits option and want to additionally throw a point of magic at the problem, say so. Otherwise I will assume you want the normal version of the ritual that doesn't use up any resources (but is less likely to succeed).

Yeah sorry for not being clear but I did mean cheap-o version. I tend to save magic for fights and really critical decisions. This is more of an... annoyance?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Sesemara
Chardenei
Yandayla

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We need to get our food production going so get that shrine and milk blessing from Uryarda

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We don’t have war magic pumped up so we should Coordinate and try some of that slick talk of ours

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

learn the ritual

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Sureshot, once we have some extra food we can start selling it to get our economy rolling

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Honor raid. HONOR RAID!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

We seem to have a clear consensus.

Update coming after I update to the latest closed beta patch :getin:

:bignews: if true

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Do we get the option of asking for them to owe us another favor with Ritual? To be more specific if we do and it’s a follow up options let’s go with that. Maybe later we can send an emissary to get some lore stories out of them

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The word "taxing" makes me think we'd throw a point or two of magic at this, incidentally.

Not sure if actual spoilers: I’m pretty sure this is correct for all instances of that term

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I failed to get a screenshot of the various options (Busenari, Dostal, Erissa, Nyalda, Spirits, I think, but it turns out the ritual was free. No clan mood boost but our relations presumably went up.

turns out I was wrong :doh:

Anyway, trade routes gets us to annual market and maybe we’ll get some before the year ends

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It gave us Fields Magic Stress though. :saddowns:

Well it did say it was taxing. So I guess we got what we asked for?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Let them come to us.

We aren't in a great position yet economically or militarily. We should let this slide on by

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

3. Fighting on our own means more glory and loot for us.

Offer to hunt them on your own.

your tales of grandeur have won me over, plus it's not like a group of thugs sleeping out in the woods could really beat us

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

wiegieman posted:

This is not always true in Glorantha. A group of bandits who've survived for a while might have a quality shaman or two in their number, and that's real firepower.

Thanks, I know that but I was rp'ing. I'll try and make it more obvy next time. Anyway, this universe / game setting will sucker punch you given a moments chance

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
trade routes because I want to import the finer things in life

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Sacrifice let’s honor some gods

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Train I mean we've got three shots of at least one of them making it to adulthood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Hope for the best she’s already pretty up there and will have to be replaced sometime soon anyway