Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Decided to wipe the slate clean and start a new town a few days ago. Already got the first house upgrade and Tom Nook's store is closed today for renovations. :dota101: :slick: Summertime is the perfect time for this type of game imo, and pulling out the gamecube to start a new run is giving me serious feels. :stoked: Any other imps playing any version of Animal Crossing atm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
going to try and catch some dragonflies tomorrow, anyone have any tips??? tricks????

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I never played any of these games but I think it's cool that a Japan-only N64 game got ported to the GameCube and became a big successful series :unsmith:

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I never played any of these games but I think it's cool that a Japan-only N64 game got ported to the GameCube and became a big successful series :unsmith:

you should play them! personally, i like the gamecube version the best, however, that could be bias bc it was my first one. many others like New Leaf and Wild World quite a bit, iirc fwiw. :hai:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
New Leaf is the perfect 3DS game imo in terms of online, portability, and gameplay. However the ios game is a disgrace.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Fargield posted:

New Leaf is the perfect 3DS game imo in terms of online, portability, and gameplay. However the ios game is a disgrace.

pick it back up, the bug out is coming up in a couple weeks and you have enough time to get things together for it :cheers:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I need switch crossing

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

I need switch crossing

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Did you say which version youre playing? If it's 3ds I'd love to play with you!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
currently i am playing the GameCube version, however... i might look into getting 3DS version bc this is so much easier than i remember it >_>

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
shame on you for deleting all your animal friends and memories

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Fartlancer posted:

shame on you for deleting all your animal friends and memories

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
When you first get the fishing rod and bug net :kiss:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im pretty nostalgic for gamecube version but the 3ds version is definitely the definitive one imo. Plus i love visiting with ppl and hanging out, you cant beat that! My favorite games where you can play dress-up are ones when other ppl actually see you in your lewkz... Thats why I like Dark Souls so much.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Anyone down for AC 3ds revival??? Its been a few months since ive played but I dip in every now and then... Still would raelly love to get a Gracie store in town. Gracie is so iconic

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what's the best version of this on the virtual console? i've been considering getting it.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

sector_corrector posted:

what's the best version of this on the virtual console? i've been considering getting it.

i believe the only version on virtual console is Wild World

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: wash ur car? :madmax: :worship:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

japan is so far ahead of the rest of us its unbelievable

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

e: :staredog: :stare: :jebstare:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

new leaf rules and nothing beats catching bugs with your friends on the island :)

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

new leaf rules and nothing beats catching bugs with your friends on the island :)

Ya get it ol yeller!! So we can hang out virtually lol

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
need to get 3DS :ninja:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Imma chargin mah 3ds :carol:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

ol yeller posted:

need to get 3DS :ninja:

Get it they have to be cheap now!!! And theres sooo many epic games on it. Rhythem Heaven Megamix, Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Zelda etc. And manymore.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
And it is easily softmodded using only a sd card (which you should have anyway) and the built-in webbrowser, if hacking is your getdown.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Cause im tryna play animal crossing with IMPS!! Will post my friend code when I turn on my 3ds.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Just realized that my behavior in this thread could come off as (toxically?) trying to pull you away from your AC Gamecube playthrough and/or isolate you from your animal friends there, which is not my intent at all. I totally support your right to a meaningful existence in that village; just interested in playing with ppl multiplayer and visiting each others towns.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
will have to wait imo, at least for a little while. need to build up my town a little more before starting brand new one. but will follow invite, if/when i grab 3ds :hai:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
who are your favorite villagers, my #1 is bill the duck

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bluebear is my best friend.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
just moved in... :stare:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

who are your favorite villagers, my #1 is bill the duck

tom nook

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I like ankh, she's sassy. pecan is cool too

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i like all cats but Kitty is my favorite. she's been here from the start and still is. in fact, when i just started up my game now after months and months she came over for a visit. she's still wearing the Zelda pattern I copied made.

time to go to the coffeeshop and get a late night brew. it's seriously one of the greatest moments in gaming for me.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

add me imps 1607-3118-8924

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Skylark posted:

And it is easily softmodded using only a sd card (which you should have anyway) and the built-in webbrowser, if hacking is your getdown.

Tell me more.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ 🙂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[Tom Nook talking noise] Thanks much!

• Locked thread