Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol Baez, classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just Wilson is the antithesis of the Bean.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Damnit why is this jerk here

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Len Casper coming out with the hot take Bonds should be in the hall, cool.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Even though the Cubs lost I'm so glad I was not at the game Justin Wilson pitched in.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Sydin posted:

Even though the Cubs lost I'm so glad I was not at the game Justin Wilson pitched in.

Wilson's gonna pitch a clean inning.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Perhaps, but I'm not falling for his ruse again.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Popete posted:

Perhaps, but I'm not falling for his ruse again.

But Maddon might :v:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think Wilson is that bad :shrug:

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Garrett Richards left in the 3rd with right forearm irritation, getting an MRI tomorrow

Basically, he dead

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Don't believe his lies.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Johnny Bravo posted:

Garrett Richards left in the 3rd with right forearm irritation, getting an MRI tomorrow

Basically, he dead

How have the Angels lost so many pitchers to injury this season? :psyduck:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Sydin posted:

Don't believe his lies.

I don't believe anything about Wilson. I just know the Giants offense is actually as bad as I say it is.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

Don't believe his lies.

He throws left handed. Literally unhittable.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niwrad posted:

I don't think Wilson is that bad :shrug:

Shut up nerd

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How have the Angels lost so many pitchers to injury this season? :psyduck:

This has kind of been a thing for a few years now, unfortunately. I think at some point you just kind of hope that they make it through a season but welp.

There's been some rumbling about Richards being trade bait this summer too, so it double sucks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Two questions for Giants fans:

1. How the gently caress do you have so many lefties? Like holy poo poo last night was a lefty starter, followed by three lefty relievers, one RHP who throws 98MPH, and then Ty Blach (a lefty). Today's starter was also a lefty. It's uncanny.

2. Who is your closer now that Strickland is on the DL? I expected it to be Watson or Melancon but both of them came out with the game tied prior to the 9th last night.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So is Morrow hurt or can he only pitch once a week for some reason?

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Sydin posted:

1. How the gently caress do you have so many lefties? Like holy poo poo last night was a lefty starter, followed by three lefty relievers, one RHP who throws 98MPH, and then Ty Blach (a lefty). Today's starter was also a lefty. It's uncanny.

2. Who is your closer now that Strickland is on the DL? I expected it to be Watson or Melancon but both of them came out with the game tied prior to the 9th last night.

1. Nothing can satiate Bochy's lust for lefties. (really it just kinda happened by accident)

2. Will Smith, who is a lefty.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Sydin posted:

1. All the RHPs suck or are injured

2. Closer is Will Smith (a lefty)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy poo poo did rauner buy every loving ad break on every cubs game until november

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is Will Smith still unapologetically slathering himself in pine tar?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Thanks. I checked the stats and Smith is killing it this year so that makes sense.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Popete posted:

Is Will Smith still unapologetically slathering himself in pine tar?

Not unapologetically at least.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Giants ground all their RHP into powder which left plenty of places for left-handed advancement.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Niwrad posted:

So is Morrow hurt or can he only pitch once a week for some reason?

Cubs are treating him with kiddie gloves because he's spent his entire career except last year on the DL and already went to the DL once this season for a stupid reason.

Also Joe is on a Mission from GodTM to grind Cishek's arm into dust by season's end.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Cubs are treating him with kiddie gloves because he's spent his entire career except last year on the DL and already went to the DL once this season for a stupid reason.

Also Joe is on a Mission from GodTM to grind Cishek's arm into dust by season's end.

i respect brandon morrow because i threw out my back taking a shirt out of my closet getting old is terrifying

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's so we hit late September with some ok starters, an amazing closer, and an empty tank between.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

i respect brandon morrow because i threw out my back taking a shirt out of my closet getting old is terrifying

How old are you

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It occurs to me that Cishek took the loss last night and it might also be that dumb Joe Maddon pigheaded thing where he has to justify his decisions are right by running guys who got smacked around out against the same team the next night. Kind of like what he did in the St. Louis series earlier this year where he ran Farrell out in back to back games and he ate back to back losses.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wooooh! Cubs win!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:toot:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
oh well w/e the cubs won :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Yay :toot:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good work pitchers.

Even you Wilson you did your part.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Looks forward to watching the Giants get shutout tomorrow with you guys.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Looks forward to watching the Giants get shutout tomorrow with you guys.

My boss who is by some freak coincidence also a Cubs fan is playing hooky to go to the game tomorrow, and he flat out apologized to me for it today because apparently the last 10 Cubs games he's gone to, they've lost. So you've got a curse on your side :tinfoil:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Sydin posted:

My boss who is by some freak coincidence also a Cubs fan is playing hooky to go to the game tomorrow, and he flat out apologized to me for it today because apparently the last 10 Cubs games he's gone to, they've lost. So you've got a curse on your side :tinfoil:

And you've got a lefty on your's.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Hey

Vote Simba

He's really good :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Well I am happier if the reason Morrow didn't pitch is they want to be careful with him and not that he's hurt again.

• Locked thread