Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Out of ten matches at Extreme Rules, three have a stipulation and that includes the iron-man match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Incessant Excess posted:

Out of ten matches at Extreme Rules, three have a stipulation and that includes the iron-man match.

After all that did they even announce a stipulation for Roman and Lashley?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think you're doing it wrong if you think barely watching it is better than just not watching it

but my way I get to see the good stuff while not being bothered by the bad stuff

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Accident Underwater posted:

I'm sure whatever stipulation it has will be announced on Twitter, which seems par for the course for WWE these days

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

piss tape israel posted:

I'm sure whatever stipulation it has will be announced on Twitter, which seems par for the course for WWE these days

I assumed the brawl was leading to a No DQ or something but lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Accident Underwater posted:

Lumberjack match with Bob's sisters as the Lumberjacks. Lumber...janes?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

IcePhoenix posted:

but my way I get to see the good stuff while not being bothered by the bad stuff

with my way you also manage to see the good stuff

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crossposting Big Dog praise. Tama Tonga did an interview with Uproxx during the G1 Special

quote:

Okay, you said you don’t have dream matches, but let’s thought experiment, if you could main event a show, who would be your dream opponent?

Roman Reigns.

Okay, if you had to do like a gimmick stipulation match with Roman Reigns, would it be hair vs. hair or vest vs. vest?

Hair.

That’s high stakes.

I think he’s awesome… I don’t see what fans [don’t like about him], I see something different. He’s good. Maybe, from what I’m understanding, is fans don’t like when the company shoves somebody down their throat. I don’t look at that. The guy works. He puts in work. He looks phenomenal. He doesn’t need that vest, you know? But he wears it. But he don’t need it. I got a lot of respect for that guy. And he’s at the top, so I’ll take a shot at the top.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why do lashley and Roman hate each other so much?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Fighting for daddy's love as his favourite failed experiment.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

The_Rob posted:

The Yard only has space for like, maybe 2 normal-sized dogs. Or maybe even like 4+ small dogs? Like a bunch of chihuahuas or something. That's totally acceptable for The Yard.

But these dogs...oh my god these dogs...they're so large you guys. So unimaginably large that only 1 of these dogs can barely fit in The Yard as it is, and 2 is quite frankly completely out of the question.

Why doesn't Vince buy a bigger The Yard? We don't have all the answers yet.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

piss tape israel posted:

Look pal there's only so much they can squeeze into the 20+ hours of television programming they've had to build this PPV.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why does this PPV need 10 goddamn matches

How many of them will actually be remembered in a week

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Benne posted:

Hmm, how often do Botchamanias come out?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like to think I'm more positive about WWE's product than most of you guys but I have to agree the last couple of months of Raw have felt particularly bad. Roman's careened from one bad feud to another, Nia's dragging the women's division down, Finn's being wasted, KO's being wasted, holy gently caress that Sami/Lashley feud and their refusal to give Braun the ball is leading to him eating up the midcard instead of giving them the chance to succeed. The only things that I really get excited about any more are Seth matches, Ember matches, Elias concerts and Liv Morgan.

Smackdown still good though.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

The_Rob posted:

Remember the movie Changing Lanes? It's basically like that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

WWE changing up it's PPV schedule

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-changes-ppv-schedule-remainder-2018-261366

TLC in Boston was changed to a house show and instead is going to take place on December 16th in San Jose. The only big event in October is the Super Show in Australia

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

WWE changing up it's PPV schedule

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-changes-ppv-schedule-remainder-2018-261366

TLC in Boston was changed to a house show and instead is going to take place on December 16th in San Jose. The only big event in October is the Super Show in Australia

Bring back Halloween Havoc imo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

instead of watching raw I watched a three hour lecture about the lore behind kingdom hearts

it was a good decision

Can you explain what Kingdom Hearts is? Like, in-universe?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

It's light

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gaz-L posted:

*sigh*

*pulls out chart*

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The New Day vs Sanity was announced in a Tables match on the Kickoff show.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1016778209751371776

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

DarkstarIV posted:

What happened to Paige’s face :ohdear:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Benne posted:

Why does this PPV need 10 goddamn matches

Good news, now we're at 11

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sockser posted:

Food.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sockser posted:

On Renee Young's podcast, she acknowledged she looks like Michael Jackson and has had fillers.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think you're doing it wrong if you think barely watching it is better than just not watching it

That is the way I've watched wwe for like 5 years. I wait until the next day, catch the highlights and pop in for ppv with a good card. It frees up a lot of time for other less infuriating wrestling shows

bartok
May 10, 2006

rovert posted:

On Renee Young's podcast, she acknowledged she looks like Michael Jackson and has had fillers.

She's only 25!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm glad Paige gets a nice safe desk job instead of being out in the ring getting paralyzed by Sasha Banks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The downward trend for both shows since the new TV deals were announced continues

quote:

Monday’s WWE Raw television show averaged 2.47 million viewers, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. Viewership was down from the 2.707 million average from last week.

Powell’s POV: The first hour of Raw averaged 2.582 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.508 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.320 million viewers. A rough week for Raw heading into Extreme Rules. For that matter, it doesn’t seem like Brock Lesnar showing up at UFC 226 generated any extra attention for WWE, though it wasn’t even mentioned on Raw.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1016799246572572674

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 10, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ufc is pretty cold right now why the gently caress It should impact WWE ratings

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Edit: beaten

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*sigh*

*pulls out chart*

Don't accidentally pull out the Kane chart or we will be here all night!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
How it would feel watching Raw now, if you still do, because why are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwVTb01H6es

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If anything, people realized they weren't gonna mention Brock at all and tuned out.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Brock barely shows up why would ratings bump for a part timer that’s not even really a spectacle anymore?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I liked Almas and Sin Cara getting in as much as they could in like 5 minutes please do more of that.

Throw Roman in the ocean and you free up an hour each week.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm just reading the summary on f4w but Kane suddenly being an NSYNC fan sounds like it's really fun. Is it as fun as it sounds?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NowonSA posted:

I'm just reading the summary on f4w but Kane suddenly being an NSYNC fan sounds like it's really fun. Is it as fun as it sounds?

It's fun. Literally all the Hell No stuff has been really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

DarkstarIV posted:

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, earlier today on AOL keyword "WWF" Lieutenant Commissioner Debra announced that at the Royal Rumble, HHH will be facing Mick Foley's Cactus Jack persona in a Hell in a Cell match.

• Locked thread