Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

I hope Braun wins by escaping the cage. And no, not by ripping off one of the walls.

Didn’t Braun semi retire big show in a cage match? Time for heel big show to return for revenge and go face before summerslam

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2018 around 11:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

They're good at making AJ fight the same guy for 6-9 months. I expect AJ vs Kevin Owens somehow this month.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

a bitchin jetski posted:

I still don't really understand why Lashley and Roman are feuding nor do I understand who WWE thinks is heel and who is face.

It's supposed to be for who gets to fight Brock but they're afraid to pull the trigger on officially announcing that. Even in promos they're acting like Brock's name is Lord Voldemort and they can't speak it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

rovert posted:

On Renee Young's podcast, she acknowledged she looks like Michael Jackson and has had fillers.

Paige is the prettiest person to ever be convinced that she’s hideous. Everything she does to cover up her imaginary ugliness backfires so hard.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Why does Team Hell No have the only legit good comedy in WWE? Not counting Breezango since the fashion files got canceled and fandango got his arm ripped off.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Goons see a picture and suddenly long for the bad version of Ronda Rousey to become a bad version of Bray Wyatt.

We like playing dressup, okay?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

But it's good Asuka lost the streak! Because she can... She can't... She isn't bound by... The stories they can... The streak won't...

Oh no she's ruined. Didn't see it coming.

Between the MMC and this week she’s undefeated in intergender matches. New streak started.

If I knew what the last 4 months would be like I woulda backed the idea of Curt Hawkins beating Asuka’s streak for the double streak end.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

I wish there was an NXT PPV tonight. Whelp tomorrow I get a PPV im so unexcited about I cant give a drat about shinsuke getting his first main roster title or Rusev getting his first 1v1 wwe title match.

k im a lil hype about The B Team.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Ziggler was on Lilian Garcia's podcast. To the surprise of noone he did some "I WORK SO drat HARD EVERY NIGHT AND GET NOTHING" rants. In response to people who say it's his own fault he's not in major storylines he said

"People who tell me that, a couple old timers, even Hall of Famers, they’re like, ‘That’s on you.’ I’m like, ‘No man.’ Seven years ago maybe it is on me. Now they know how good I am. I know how good I am. It’s not all in my court there to put myself on the show."

I don't think he's going to accept the fact that like... just noone likes him. Ah well, I still hope him vs Rollins main events just cause it'll be some good wrestling and the IC title is literally the only title out of like 10 belts that matters.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

DukeofCA posted:

Does everyone who's ever had a connection to WWE have their own podcast?

Turns out chatting with someone for an hour while occasionally taking breaks to do commercials for mail in underwear, mail in razor blades, mail in mattresses, and mail in premeasured food recipes is a decent career transition for someone who used to be on tv. Also for anyone who owns a decent microphone and can talk without stuttering.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Dolph going from "can help a white supremacist try to cripple a Mexican and be loved for it" to "can do nothing right ever" in the eyes of goons over the years has been pretty incredible.

I was on his side until the sheamus feud and the Rusev Lana Dolph Summer love quadrangle where he was trying to get with both women. Copying HBK spots in every rumble and battle royale just makes me sigh, he's trying so transparently hard to "steal the show" when the camera isn't even focused on him. He bounced back alot in late 2016 smackdown but somehow he was the ONLY Talking Smack guest who looked worse after being on the show (reminder, even Corbin and Jinder were enjoyable on Talking Smack) and it began the "i work so drat hard" promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6St0OokhAP4

Then his heel turn happened and hoo boy... he kept cutting his promos in this slow droning voice like a jr high student in a play got told "sound like a bad guy". Then there was the "everyone else is just cheap gimmicks, lemme imitate their entrances" phase. Then the no entrance music phase. Then winning the US title and quitting then returning to the rumble with no explanation. I'll give credit where credit is due, Dolph's good stuff is great and he might have match of the night tonight but everytime he takes a step forward there's 5 steps back.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

remusclaw posted:

No one is allowed to have friends in WWE. Friends are just enemies getting close and waiting to stab you in the back.

Becky goes to therapy with everyone who betrayed her. There's a line of people wrapping around into the hallway including 2 La Luchadoras somehow.

projecthalaxy posted:

The card tonight, if you were not aware.

Experience the excitement! Extreme Rules.

Wait 8 out of 12 matches have no stipulation (or 7 out of 10 if you don't count preshow)? This is like a watered down TLC.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2018 around 18:52

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

I did not know that was something you could get suspended from.

remusclaw posted:

Man I hope they have to mute his reaction like he's Roman Reigns.

Not that I expect it, wrestling fans can be garbage.

The first few notes of Real American are hype as gently caress. I still say Roman would get less boos with a less soul draining theme song intro. Maybe he shoulda got the Burn It Down entrance.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Hogan will get the biggest pop of the night at Summerslam

I hope they redo Wrestlemania 9's ending with him coming out, challenging the new champion Rusev, Lana accepts the challenge for him, then he beats Rusev in under 30 seconds. For a brief moment we'll have Brock Lesnar and Hogan as champions in 2018.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

The head of NXT was talking about hoping for Hogan's return back in 2015, buddy.

Let Hogan and Bishoff run NXT for a year.

3rd time's a charm.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

The Dream doesn't remember Hogan doing anything wrong.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Has anyone else ever been suspended from the hall of fame? I'm gonna go ahead and guess Jimmy Snuka hasn't.

Edit: Oh wow they actually did remove him in 2015

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Hogan's gonna hug bobby lashley before today is over

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Did he get the jet he wanted?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

One silly rumor was that Daniel bought his new house because it's located near an airport that flies to Japan

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

That'll liven up extreme rules, the show with 8 Normal Rules matches.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Andrast posted:

I don't think Bryan particularly cares if he is a champion as long as he gets to wrestle

In his book he was pretty disappointed anytime he wasn't champ. Not being on mania and getting extremely tiny amounts of tv time bugged him more tho.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

The one feud I never want to end.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

The Miz was holding Bo and Axel back this whole time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

Rarity posted:

No guys, we need to get rid of Asuka's streak, it means that we can tell so many more storytlines.

I mean it’s been a higher quantity of storylines. Sadly they’re about as good as the 4th game of thrones book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

I like how im getting emails all week about team hell no reuniting, its on every poster and piece of advertising, and WWE just won't shut the gently caress up about it to the point where they seem more excited about them returning than we are. Then there's basically no Team Hell No.

• Locked thread