Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

says a lot about wwe booking that "nakamura vs styles" sounded like a marquee dream match a year ago but now it's just another midcard thing that ends in dick punching and it happens constantly.

I was more impressed that it managed to be both the most looked-forward-to match on Mania and simultaneously one of the most underwhelming matches on Mania. Would have said the most underwhelming match but I definitely remember people hyping up the Bryan+Shane/Owens+Zayn tag match as something that would be great despite Shane's involvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thpbvo5-uN0

Staying true to form with the nutshots at the end

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crossposting Big Dog praise. Tama Tonga did an interview with Uproxx during the G1 Special

quote:

Okay, you said you don’t have dream matches, but let’s thought experiment, if you could main event a show, who would be your dream opponent?

Roman Reigns.

Okay, if you had to do like a gimmick stipulation match with Roman Reigns, would it be hair vs. hair or vest vs. vest?

Hair.

That’s high stakes.

I think he’s awesome… I don’t see what fans [don’t like about him], I see something different. He’s good. Maybe, from what I’m understanding, is fans don’t like when the company shoves somebody down their throat. I don’t look at that. The guy works. He puts in work. He looks phenomenal. He doesn’t need that vest, you know? But he wears it. But he don’t need it. I got a lot of respect for that guy. And he’s at the top, so I’ll take a shot at the top.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

The New Day vs Sanity was announced in a Tables match on the Kickoff show.

https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1016778209751371776

Benne posted:

Why does this PPV need 10 goddamn matches

How many of them will actually be remembered in a week

Good news, now we're at 11

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The downward trend for both shows since the new TV deals were announced continues

quote:

Monday’s WWE Raw television show averaged 2.47 million viewers, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. Viewership was down from the 2.707 million average from last week.

Powell’s POV: The first hour of Raw averaged 2.582 million viewers. Hour two drew 2.508 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 2.320 million viewers. A rough week for Raw heading into Extreme Rules. For that matter, it doesn’t seem like Brock Lesnar showing up at UFC 226 generated any extra attention for WWE, though it wasn’t even mentioned on Raw.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1016799246572572674

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jul 10, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

Just one event or a weekly show?

Sounds like just a PPV, which is still a significant get for the division, regardless of the (justified) questions about how good a 4 hour event would be with that roster depth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

So there's a rumor floating about that WWE wants to starting having TWO Wrestlemania starting in 2020

Not that surprising, they've already got two Rumbles now, this was the next logical step from that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

we watch a television show that is meant for the dumbest people on earth
Can't say they don't know their audience well

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vince.txt stuff from the Observer:

Dave posted:

It appears McMahon is adamant in creating the idea that Lesnar has walked out, is going to UFC, turned his back on the WWE fans, and isn’t coming back to drop the title and holding up the belt. The idea would seem to be to create a storyline that gets Reigns cheered at the Barclays Center.

Dave posted:

[Jim] Ross was in great pain flying home and checked himself into the hospital on 7/9. He was diagnosed with bruised ribs, a bruised sternum and some lung issues that could possibly lead to pneumonia. With the rib injury, every movement was painful and he had to cancel three commitments this week due to the injury. In a class move, whether ordered or on his own (and I’d think it wasn’t on his own) Jonathan Coachman tried to make a joke on Raw about how broken ribs are going around in wrestling later that night.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Only thing I'll be relishing is the glory of the moment the big dog finally defeats brock the coward lesnar, balee Dat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Actually can't imagine for one second being surprised at what happened to Asuka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

After Nakamura and Asuka became the first male and female Japanese wrestlers to win the Rumble and then proceeded to lose every match after I can't even pretend to have hope for Kairi.

Goddamn was that a fun last hour of the Rumble GDT though

I don't remember ever seeing that much of us have hope that maybe This Time things will be different

Shame it'll never happen again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It probably got a raise

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Believe we're now up to 12 matches on the card

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't they also pick on Stacy Keibler to try to get her to get a nose job and/or breast implants, or am I thinking of another woman they were absurdly unfair to because they didn't fit Their ideal beauty standards

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The head of NXT was talking about hoping for Hogan's return back in 2015, buddy.

Within 3 months of it having happened, too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And yes he's near the area, so

If you're watching Extreme Rules, you'll see him. On TV

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

So hey, am I wrong for thinking that putting aside however you feel about Hogan being a racist leathery old ghoul, he's not worth any loving money in 2018?

Like, in what way is Hulk Hogan going to draw money or affect ratings at all? Maybe he'll pop a rating on Raw once.

I question putting that amount of confidence and hope in wrestling fans

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1018595608624394241

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, I understand getting kicked out of a hall of fame, I dont get how you get suspended from a hall of fame

It's called "HHH loves him as much as Vince does and neither were mad enough about this to fully cut ties with him, just send him on timeout until they thought heat died down, and HHH even admitted as much 3 months after the incident first happened"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

when does this stupid ppv start

Preshow began 7 minutes ago lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

Why do that to yourself? You’re watching a WWE B-tier PPV in 2018, don’t give yourself a wretched hangover on top of it, that’s double jeopardy, that’s against the constitution.

They're all B-tier

The differences between this and Summerslam are Summerslam's gonna be longer, have more than 12 matches, have a Taker match I think?, and there will be some different champs (except for Carmella, she'll still be champ)

Also it'll be less than a full 24 hours after a Takeover, so even the few stans who can't help but make this company (for some reason) their hill to die on will note it sucked compared to something else very recently

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alexa loses if they do the Ronda match at Summerslam

They're going full Jinder with Carmella, she's losing at November at the earliest, or at least waiting till she's feuding with someone not Asian because that's surprisingly still a big hangup for WWE in terms of giving main non-midcard titles out in 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

on bryan and vinny vinny suggested he wants to write a book on wwe vs their fans in 2018

wwe has reached territory of "death of wcw" and "death of tna" phase

plus that is a good book idea, a company that actively loathes the people who want to like them and does everything to make them go away

Goddamn I would love to read this

• Locked thread