Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I guess we are getting a lumberjack match at Extreme Rules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How the gently caress do we get a second week of Bayley/Sasha counseling sketches?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It is amazing how my viewing of Raw has changed so much in the past few years. These days, I literally go to the WWE YouTube page after the show, look at the thumbnails of each segment, and don't even click on any of the loving videos anymore. It's like... nothing matters.

There are 20 segments posted to the channel from Raw.

6 segments are Reigns/Lashley related
4 segments are Bliss/Nia/Rousey related
2 segments are Mojo related
1 has Jinder Mahal in it

Of the matches I see, I assume that Mojo/Jose was boring and went nowhere, that Hardy/Bo didn't matter. Ember/Liv most likely ended with Ember winning.

Why should I watch any of this?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that last Monday's RAW had a lower rating than any of those pre-taped RAWs from the 90s

Seriously... A quick google search shows that the ratings were lowest during the Monday Night War on 12/23/96 with a 1.5

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/information/raw-vs-nitro-ratings-war/

It went up against this Prime Time Lineup.

1 rating point = 970,000 TV households

I think it worth noting that WWE's fans are more engaged than any other fans, which is probably worth something
http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 11, 2018

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Facebook recommended a WWE group to me that has 315,000 members in it. Over the past day every other post is essentially about who will win on Sunday, Lashley or Roman. There are hundreds of comments to each post with people actually caring about who will win and commenting with who they want to win.

Guys... I think we're the wrong demographic for this show.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

It's amazing how goddamn petty Vince is towards NXT talent in general it seems. Someone floated the theory that Vince intentionally ruins the vast majority of NXT callups because they weren't created by him. And the sad thing is, I can completely believe it.

I don't know how you can have that mindset from a statistical mindset. Like... take the men's Raw roster. You have 40 people there. If "NXT Talent" is considered anybody that got popular through Post-WWE Network NXT (Bo Dallas and onward), literally half the roster is "NXT Talent". If you expand that to people that went through NXT in any form (including Shield), that's puts it at 31/9 ratio, and then all it leaves is a bunch of jobbers, Brock, Ziggler, Hardy, and Lashley.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rovert posted:

No one believed me when I first said WWE didn't consider Becky pretty enough for the main roster.

https://twitter.com/411mania/status/1017965457377189889

To be fair... she looks WAY different than what she looked like in her early NXT days. I know people love to make fun of WWE using the Homer Simpsons makeup shotgun, but the hair, makeup, ring gear, and developing a non-dancing leprechaun personality goes a long way.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
There was a scene on Total Divas where they talked to the Bellas about having something for them from January to April or whatever. Made me think Nikki was actually going to win

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
If they are not going to try to book extreme rules matches that make sense for this PPV, at least do a roulette where and let it be random stipulations all night long.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How was Hogan suspended from the HOF but this man never was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAMsjMMc7rc

TV Zombie posted:

No Daniel No...is what I'm saying from my selfish perspective in wanting him to leave the company that ignored the fan opinion of him for so long...and from a wish to see him in NJPW.

I would assume that Bryan would rather make more money and not work in Japan away from his family. I am surprised he is going to resign and have a full time schedule, because based on interviews it seems he doesn't like being away from home for these full loops.

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder when fatigue will hit the crowd in this 12 match extravaganza. Has NJPW put out this long a card?

I went to MITB. I didn't feel like there was fatigue watching the whole thing. People left during the Reigns match to get food/bathroom in droves, and if they put that on as the main event, people will just leave early.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

Things that were good tonight:

Almas won
The B-Team won
Randy punching Jeff in the nuts was funny
The Mickie/Alexa/Nia assembly line spot was funny
Mickie James, in general
The chokeslam off the cage was cool
The two last matches had some neat spots

It had like 90 minutes of solid wrestling out of 5 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Your Taint posted:

Is there video of the crowd doing the buzzer noise?

The match, literally every 60 seconds

• Locked thread