Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
New Players: be sure to sacrifice your four other players so all your victory screens look like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I got more funny shady news:

Remember the Marvel Insider stuff where you could spend 40,000 points for 450 cores? Well, they said they have until July 20th to get those over...

They took the offer down for 450 cores and gave everybody their points they earned on a delay.

So, no cores. :)

Wow I remember signing up for that marvel.com site, checking it the next two days to try to earn some points then completely forgot it existed.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I know they're currently trying to make the game suck with regards to the fancy raids and such, but the normal ultimus 50 raid is the same as it ever was, and a bunch of us rely on those 60% completion rewards to keep the flow of purple mats from the raid store coming. If anyone logs on once a day and just clears 5 nodes in the super easy 50 raid the rest of us can probably clear enough to hit 60% and if/when changes are made and people come back, you'll all have more raid currency than you know what to do with.

Think of the children My Wolverine!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

FranktheBank posted:

you can even autoplay them usually.

Oh for sure. If you've got a team of like ~17k characters you can easily autoplay the first 5 levels of any path in the Ultimus raid without having to heal I'd imagine.

Edit: also, how the hell did I make that post about raid currency and completely forget the dire need for purple mats. If people join raids, knock out a few levels then come back to play after a month you'd be able to max out tons of dudes.

davebo fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 23, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

zeroskippy posted:

How are you guys doing in alpha III so far? We're clearing 30% each day but not by a whole lot.

Alpha III? Hell we tried once and didn't even get to 30 so we've been doing alpha II and only hitting like 50% in that.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

NmareBfly posted:

why did they do the ms. marvel event for 24 hours? did someone just press the wrong button at HQ?

do they just want to see how much people will whale out for like 1 extra orb in a day?

i answered my own question.

E: also there's something really shonky going on with ability energy. May be a bug with saved teams. I think it's retaining energy from the same team in raids and blitzes? or something? can't pin it down exactly.

poo poo is hosed and the game may not be back for droid users until Saturday morning.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

John Dyne posted:

Yet another totally worth it orb deal for a new character! For $50 USD, the Juggernaut orb gives you 55 Juggernaut shards and 8 orbs. If each orb gives you just 5 shards (which is incredibly likely) then you just spent loving fifty bucks to get 95 shard and not even get the goddamned character. HELL YEAH

Yeah but you'll get plenty of orbs from the juggernaut event too one would assume. I mean, I'd really love to give them my money since I've waited all this time for more mutants and they're really delivering now, but I spent $60 on RDR2 and when I compare that game to this it's like... shouldn't they be paying ME to play this thing?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Dragonrah posted:

Juggernaut's not a mutant. And if you're paying that much for something you shouldn't still have to wait for the free scraps.

drat I figured they'd tag him as a mutant anyway just because of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. My x-men team will never have a taunter until they put Colossus in I guess. As for waiting a day for the one orb you'd need to get 5 shards to finish off the lowest possible roll of the rest of his orbs in the pack, that has less to do with the value of the package and more the nature of loot boxes. I really wish we could get away from microtransactions having to be a gamble and go back to everyone buying the exact same stuff, and those who want better "odds" just wait patiently for a sale on those same items.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Remember in Marvel Heroes when the Sentinals fought a non mutant hero it would go "Super Powered Threat Detected", so I don't think they're picky.

Punisher's Super Power is the Second Amendment. :911:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Retardog posted:

I thought his superpower was PTSD

Pretty Talented at Shooting Dudes? Yes.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

God drat i hate the Magneto event is only available if you have 5 mutants, but because almost all the mutants are paywalled, you're SOL.

It's not even five mutants though, because DP and Cable don't count because they're X-Force.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

thuly posted:

I got 3 2r-star Nobu while I already had him at 3r lol
With all those dupes you're well on you're way to opening an elite red star orb, which guarantees you one 4* ravager bruiser.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Mericet posted:

(Can't currently discord due to pc problems, but will be able to in a week or so)

Ya'll know discord works on web browsers and the phone app right? Anyone who can post to SA can probably access discord.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Blitz token have been about money from the orbs for me.
If I spend all my Blitzbux on War doodads, how will I ever unlock Ultimus?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Away all Goats posted:

I gotta say Alliance Wars is actually kind of fun, especially for someone like me who generally likes building a deep roster rather than having a super strong A team.

Good luck chipping away at the enemies' 260k defenders team with three stacks of deflect without a solid A team. When do we get to be paired against a team worse than us so we can win? All I want to do is buy poo poo from the war store.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

zeroskippy posted:

eh go in with a tech team with strange, you'll have them all bleeding out before JJ purges stuff on turn 2

but... that sounds like an awesome A team?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Oh nice Thing is in the PVP shop now.

Weird you call Blitz PvP since that's the mode with artificially inflated 400k teams. I would think Arena or War fits that description better. Thing in Blitz shop, now give us something good in Arena and something I can ignore in War because I need so many orange mats it's sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
My Black Bolt is 120k and the rest of the team are all 52k. Looking forward to unlocking his 7th star!

The best part is playing blitz 8.3 so after you win with Inhumans you get 3 matches and one of your weaker teams around the same total points has a chance to win a punchup if the one big opponent is a scrub.