Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Cocomonk3 posted:

Just got into this and started bumbling around. Is there a Goon Alliance to join?

Jesus though, those offers are dumb. $60 for Night Nurse? I used to spend real money on Avengers Alliance, since there was stuff I could buy cheap. But the cheapest offer I've seen is $15 for a Ravager guy.

I remember the offers in Avengers Alliance. But they gave you amazingly overpowered gear and a ton of in game currency for that price. (Remember the Small Haddon Collider?)

Then later games decided to change the script. Avengers Academy was particularly bad in that it started doing events that COULD be done F2P. But if you bought a generator or character you were garunteed all the event rewards.

And that was a good deal when you compared time to money. But it rapidly spiralled into "you could only do the event if you spent money. And you had to spend tons of money to get anything."
Eventually I had to drop that game.

Compared to all that, Strike Forces decision to do awful deals just makes it easy to say no to everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

thuly posted:

gently caress ultimus raid 6 jesus christ

Oh I'm sorry. Did you think that you could get the new ability mats from this new raid? More fool you.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So when this game started, my friends and I created a guild and recruited a bunch of people. And that worked for a while and eventually everyone left apart from my friends who I started this game with and a bunch of people who don’t play anymore.

And that sucks, because it makes doing raids impossible.

Then when War came out we discovered something.
Your Alliances are matched based on the total points value of your roster, divided by the number of people in your Alliance.
So after winning some Wars, we discovered that by kicking all the inactive people and being left with a roster of three level 70’s, we get matched against Alliances with full 20/30 members but mostly low level people.

So we started getting War’s where we had very little energy (because there’s so few people in our alliance) but we completely outclassed the other teams.
So we have started putting all our best of the best teams on defence, as we can crush the enemy teams with single characters.
I’m interested in seeing if this will let us continue to win on War.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Me: Oh boy this new update might fix the constant red star dupes. I'll save my Elite Reds Star orb and open it after the update. Plus it has an increased chance to give Mastery stars to Rescue and Falcon.

(Opens it. Gets a 4 star Shield Medic. Whom I already had at 4 stars. Is given 900 shards.)

Me: That was disappointing.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So there are three of us playing in our Alliance since launch. What's the best place for us to find an Alliance that will take all three of us?
Goons Discord?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

NmareBfly posted:

Correction to my above post: I Am Goon now has room for three. Lemme know your in-game names! Here or the discord, whichever works.

Awesome. I'll put the names up in the Discord

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I would like to point out that on that loading screen, the man made of metal is fighting the guy whose primary power set is manipulating metal (his other powers are condescension and a snazzy dress sense).

And he looks like he's doing it by throwing paper airplanes at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Soonmot posted:

still waiting on cyclops foxnext

Don't forget Coulson.