Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vulturesrow posted:

Great Lakes Goon Squad = Best Squad.

Need some help sperging on team planning.

Right now I'm running with Drax, Gams, Yondu, NN, and Quake as sort of an all purpose, do-everything team. XBONE gets subbed in for Blitz and Arena. My priorities right now are:

Keep improving raid team
Need to up my villain team. I start stalling in the middle of 5 and can barely clear 5-9.
Merc team (for payday)
Blaster team (for catalyst challenge)

(Named)Villains I have available now (in order of power):
Yondu, Xbones, Thanos, Elektra, Bullseye, Nebula, and Ronan. MY top 5 in overall power are the first three named plus Hand Archer and Merc Riot Guard.

So I guess my two big questions: OTher than gearing/leveling, is there any switches I can make to make a more effective Raid TEam?

What are my shard priorities otherwise? I'm working on getting Korath and Merc LT. That should help some as my blaster team is Thor, Hand ARcher, Punisher, Shield Assault and Bullseye. I guess building up Archer and Bullseye would solve some of my issues most effectively.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

The most effective thing you can do for your raid team is to three-star Heroes 6-9 so you can unlock Cap. His block and high armor make him much more effective heal target than Drax, not to mention he's much more useful on Arena Offense/Defense. Drop Shield Assault when you get Korath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vulturesrow posted:

Thanks. I have in fact unlocked Heroes 6-9 and have been diligently farming Cap shards. Is it worth using cores to refresh the node, say, once a day?

I did refresh that node until the refreshes starting costing 100 cores since I had a lot of cores saved up by then. I figured it was worth it since by most whales and powerspergs opinion, Cap is the best tank in the game.

Having had him for about a month or two now, I'm inclined to agree.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I still can't believe the absolutely bonkers value system this game/the devs have. There's currently an offer of $40 for 45 Yondu Shards and 2000 Gold Orb fragments.

FOURTY DOLLARS. That's a night out to the movies with concessions. Or four burritos. Or a sorta recent video game release. An actual, whole, start-to-finish video game that dozens of people spent developing.

If I spent $40 on one character I'd expect it to be a full 7 star, lvl 60+ and have all his abilities maxed, and also a scheduled surgery appointment to fix my brokebrain.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cocomonk3 posted:

Just got into this and started bumbling around. Is there a Good Alliance to join?

Jesus though, those offers are dumb. $60 for Night Nurse? I used to spend real money on Avengers Alliance, since there was stuff I could buy cheap. But the cheapest offer I've seen is $15 for a Ravager guy.

Discord for alliances : https://discordapp.com/invite/tneWgZy

New players used to be able to get either Captain America or Black Widow for $10, if they still have those, they are by far the best value for your money

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

explosivo posted:

I think the craziest thing about the offers in this game is that you can play this game without spending anything (or, very little in my case) and be competitive with players who have spent hundreds of dollars. It takes a long fuckin' time but as long as you start out with a clear goal of ONE main team to focus on you'll get there. It makes it sting a little less when they decide one day to nerf something you've worked so hard to get. At least it's just shittons of time wasted, not time and money

That said, I would gobble up a decently priced BW bundle, as if that would ever happen. They clearly seem to be paying attention to what people want and pricing accordingly. The fact that they released a ridiculously overpriced NN bundle knowing full well she's basically required for raids is pretty hosed up IMO. People must be buying these despite the vocal outrage about the prices because they keep doubling down.

Yeah I do appreicate that of the 'top tier' characters, the only ones you can't really grind for is Black Widow and Deadpool. Deadpool being an event character that most people were able to unlock. Everyone else is realistically obtainable in a couple months of playing.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

howe_sam posted:

Don't buy orbs. I use cores on refreshes and selected characters shards in the store (black widow mostly)

This is what I do too. If you're completing all your daily objectives you can afford to refresh your campaign energy until it costs 100 cores for a refresh and still come out ahead on cores if you're making at least top 500 in Arena.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MSF has made $25 million since launch.

Guess we won't be seeing reasonable deals any time soon.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

How active? Catmans has been pretty consistent getting 80%+ on the highest Ultimus raid, even with a couple freeloaders(pubbies?) out of 20-21 raiders

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Belgian Waffle posted:

I like what they did with the SHIELD minions. Especially Trooper, dude is super interesting now.

What did they change? I don't remember his kit before other than people saying he was bad

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eddain posted:

So what you're saying is, stay the gently caress away from Nick Fury nodes from now on?

Pretty much, the right side of the Ultimus 50 raid is noticeably tougher. They're pretty much constantly buffing and healing each other.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I swear they're loving around with Arena constantly.

I'll go 2 days in a row without dropping position and then all of a sudden find myself almost falling out of top 250. Climbing up means facing teams of 14k+ power

2 days after that I'm in the top 100 and surrounded by people in the 12-13k power range.

My Arena Defense team hasn't been powered at all during this time, as everything's been going towards my Vision and Mystic team

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Catman's Shameful Secret has room as well

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Venom seems really good but I find it hard to justify leveling up yet another character when I'm still trying to level up my cosmic and mystic teams AND trying to get enough ravager shards to get Starlord.

I predict Venom dominating Arena in a few months, he hits all the marks, especially with a bit of synergy with another amazing arena character (spidey)

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2018 around 02:55

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thuly posted:

It's retaining states for saved teams between modes. You can take storm into a normal mission, build charge, and drop a 10 stack ult on turn 1 in arena and blitz lol

And all while half the playerbase can't even play.

What a shitshow.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

davebo posted:

Yeah but you'll get plenty of orbs from the juggernaut event too one would assume. I mean, I'd really love to give them my money since I've waited all this time for more mutants and they're really delivering now, but I spent $60 on RDR2 and when I compare that game to this it's like... shouldn't they be paying ME to play this thing?

The best suggestion I've heard about this game is that the payday event should be every two weeks, like how you get paid at most hourly wage jobs.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

thuly posted:

Efficiency tip: always dogpile spider-hyphen-man first so you know whether or not you lose after the first round of blitz.

I leave him for last and act surprised when he dodges 6 attacks in a row and wins 1v3

twistedmentat posted:

God drat i hate the Magneto event is only available if you have 5 mutants, but because almost all the mutants are paywalled, you're SOL.

To no one's complete surprise, the only ones getting magneto any time soon are whales

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2018 around 21:16

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope everyone is enjoying the new update

lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I really wish I could, but I found it through reddit.

I had the much more exciting red star haul of like 8 minions

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Green Goblin looks like they photoshopped goblin's face on some generic monster's body.

Also lol at making the Shield team counter another character you have to grind/pay for.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Some of the guardians are already part of one of the best synergies in the game, the tech team of Rocket-Starlord-Vision and whoever else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I don't know where else to post this