Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Haven't posted a box thread in maybe 5 years so why not.

Grabbed this from Sportsman's Guide on super-duper sale. $244 shipped; my FFL was nice and waived his fee for a small screwup so it ended up being $255 delivered to my grimy mitts. Came with one mag and decent condition night sights installed. Also I took a rasp and file to the beavertail because that thing is dumb.

I wonder how many unarmed black ppl this was pointed at

Here it is with its $325 big brother, another po-surp .45.

This thread is for cheap sweet police gats.

Kommienzuspadt fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2018 around 05:01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I wonder how many unarmed black ppl this was pointed at

Less than you'd think and more than you'd hoped.

It is nice tho

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

Fun Shoe

I LOVE PO SURP

last one is questionable since the israelis are strange

Miso Beno fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2018 around 00:01

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Miso Beno posted:

I LOVE PO SURP

I love po-surp and I love u

infrared35 fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2018 around 00:36

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Miso Beno posted:

I LOVE PO SURP

I love Po surp and love you both

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol at being too embrassed to mention it's .40

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

Fun Shoe

o ya i almost forgot I also have a posurp shotgun

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Basticle posted:

It's a .45, lol that u can't read

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Basticle posted:

That's just, like, your opinion, man

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

infrared35 posted:

That's just, like, your opinion, man

I've grown to not hate .40 but I probably won't buy anything more in that caliber. I really like the M&P45, it's a great pistol, and a 10rd .45 with functional night sights that cost $250 makes for a great disposable all 50 states travel gun. My folks still live in CT and I maintain an active CCW there so I've been looking for one of these on the cheap for a while.

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

So are m&p's the new xd's of tfr?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Technically anything anyone has bought from IR35 is posurp.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

This is basically the first gun photo I ever took. It's an 870 Wingmaster from the mid 80s with a chopped down 20" barrel that I bought in Gary, IN so I am going to assume it rode in a cruiser at some point in its life until told otherwise.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

In that case, PWR BTTM counts!

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Probably like King Nazi

Missing pics of a lot of the posurp thats come through my hands, but heres some. Picking up another trade in 870 tomorrow (this time a CSP trade in)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Butch Cassidy posted:

Holy poo poo tell me everything about that gun!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

It probably shot a cop or several!

Pink Cav-15 lower chopped and used as a personal sims lower by a fed, thirteen inch Troy Alpha handguard, discontinued and 1/4lb lighter weight 16" mid-gas Daniel Defense lightweight barrel, A2 flash hider, front filding sight plastic Magpul, rear folding sight a spare GG&G metal jobby that is also an old style, Holosun 503GU red dot, medium BCM Gunfighter charging handle, Surefire G2 in an IWC mount. E: Extended baseplate to a Ruger LC9 mag as a handstop.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at Jul 12, 2018 around 04:33

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

The Real Stephen Hawking posted:

I am not afraid of death, but I am in no hurry to die.

Stephen Hawking will return after these brief messages.

Fun Shoe

This thread went good places real fast.

infrared35 posted:

I love po-surp and I love u

Tell me more..

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

1x Matriarchsurp
2x Metsurp

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Butch Cassidy posted:

1x Matriarchsurp
2x Metsurp

Have a couple guys come over and have a good, old fashioned beat off.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Butch Cassidy posted:

https://youtu.be/ji-EdRtL9qU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Did someone say posurp?

Columbus Ohio PD

Dorchester (Boston) PD

San Francisco PD

I don't think I've ever actually bought a posurp revolver intentionally, I just kind of end up with them. All 3 guns lettered out to having been shipped to Police Departments, or in the case of the Columbus gun was the personal 'heavy artillery' of a cop (as he put it).

Posurp is rad though, I have a hard time passing on it.

Especially when you see a good gun like that for 250 shipped..

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

Where are good places to look for po surp guns? I've seen that https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/ has some, but any others I'm missing?

Butch Cassidy posted:

1x Matriarchsurp
2x Metsurp

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Toshokan posted:

Where are good places to look for po surp guns? I've seen that https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/ has some, but any others I'm missing?

Gunbroker.

Also you can find all kinds of surplus. Someone here has a super rad S&W Arson Inspector's gun.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

MC Hawking posted:

Tell me more..

It's an awesome FN 303. Beautiful pig fires fin-stabilized less lethal munitions like oleoresin capsicum, inert impact projectiles, and paint markers.

No one sells new ones to anyone lacking a departmental letterhead but used pop up now and then. Launcher is priced reasonably when used but scoring the ammo is an expensive bitch and a half.

On a similar note, the pepperball folks just released a select fire AR-alike pepperball launcher that feeds fin-stabilized pepperballs from stick mags.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

22 Eargesplitten posted:

True! If it's a firearm, I've carried it!

Butch Cassidy posted:

It probably shot a cop or several!

Pink lowers just beg to become clownguns.

MC Hawking posted:

Tell me more..

Butch covered it, but yeah, If you want ammo, be prepared to pay $3 a round. Unless you troll gunbroker for expired projectiles, like I did.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kommienzuspadt posted:

It's a .45, lol that u can't read

you're wording made it seem to me like only the other one was a .45

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Gunbroker.

Also you can find all kinds of surplus. Someone here has a super rad S&W Arson Inspector's gun.

Waddup

S&W 940 engraved with the LAFD Arson Investigation Unit shield and the name of the investigator it belonged to.

I'm sure several of my Berettas are posurp as well, since a lot of them are configurations that were only really made for LE contracts but no pedigree on any of them.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Po-Surp 27-2 with a pair of old 2 piece Hogues (it came with early 2 piece plastic Hogues, but wood is nicer). I bought it on GB directly from the brother of the cop, I want to say he was in St. Louis (need to go back through my email to double check) but had retired and needed money for health reasons.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

My $150 G19 was a personally owned duty gun. Most of the holster wear is from me.

I think this is my most posted image here.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Top is Australian po-surp with a couple mods, which I unfortunately had to sell before I got my current job. I've also had a couple of po-surp G17s.

bobbed smiths by junk box, on Flickr

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Probably like King Nazi

Since this is the new posurp thread please have some cheap 870 beanbag gun furniture

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/779359584

I've got a set on the way for the newest posurp 870.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

California posurp maybe.