Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I worked for Papa John's a few times in the 90s and early 00s and my bosses were always huge potheads and I was their favorite driver because I would bring them weed and also I didn't drive like a meth-fueled maniac like all the other drivers

The last time I worked for them they had to send me a check for $2000 in back pay after I quit and figured out that they had never given me the raise that I signed the paperwork for. lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What does one even do in a house that big? After "room with movie theater screen and bongs" and "room that's a giant bouncy castle and has an Ecstasy gumball machine" I'm already out of ideas. I guess you could use a room for eating but lmao who sits down at a table in their own house to eat a meal just lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Dregs posted:

papa Johns pizza tastes likes the sauce is 50% corn syrup

It is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Papa John's, Pizza Hut and Domino's are all literally worse than frozen pizza.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kaincypher posted:

Look at this scrub forgetting the orgy room and gladiatorial arena.

but i mentioned the bouncy castle!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

wane tendo posted:

*slurps root beer*

in the world of Papa's you're either a John or your a Gino, a Fredo or a Sonny, know what i'm sayin'?

"He called me 'hoss'."
"So?"
"He called you 'chief'."
"What's your fuckin' point, mate?"
"I'd rather be a chief than a hoss. Is my fuckin' point."
"For gently caress's sake, Ronnie. Let's go kill these priests already."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ArbitraryC posted:

I dunno if papa john's does this because their pizza is both worse than other chains and more expensive but my fav is when there's a delivery fee that explicitly does not go to the driver. Like they write it out in a little disclaimer that's so shameful it should embarrass their family for generations.

The delivery fee was introduced in the 90s because they didn't want to raise the price of delivery pizza but also they had to because they were running out of money to buy enormous houses.

In some states it's illegal to pay drivers/servers below minimum wage, but in the other like 48 states, you make $2-$3 an hour

edit: the last time I worked for Papa John's, I made far better tips than many people, but still ended up working 50+ hours a week to have my car ruined and I ended up making "only" about 30k that year. My partner at the time made almost exactly the same amount working 38 hours a week doing a super easy graveyard shift convenience store job.

But it's nice being able to listen to audiobooks and music while you "work"

precision fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 12, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

phasmid posted:

Some places used to do min wage + tips but that might've gone out.

In some states they have to, but otherwise no, not any more.

Last time I heard of one of the big chains paying min. wage + tips was the late 00s. When gas was $3+ a gallon, Papa John's was actually paying drivers above minimum wage by about 50 cents.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never, honestly never, seen anyone actually gently caress with someone's food, and I've worked in a lot of restaurants. I've seen people sell known lovely customers food that was made poorly or looked bad.

Delivery drivers have good memories though. They have to, especially ones who worked before having a cell phone with Maps on it was a given. Imagine having to stop at a pay phone and call a customer to find out where the gently caress their house is? Yeah.

So if you are a serial bad tipper, you can bet your rear end that when the driver gets sent out on a 3-pie, even if you ordered first and you live 100 feet from the store, your delivery is getting done last. Enjoy your cold pizza, dick.

edit: Consider that delivery drivers are literally putting their life in danger for your pizza. Many stores will refuse to close even when there's black ice on the road. When it rains, every person in the entire town orders pizza. When I delivered, at least once a month I would avoid getting in a car wreck that wouldn't have even been my fault because everyone everywhere is poo poo at driving

precision fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 12, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

People who don't tip their pizza delivery guy well are total assholes. It's even less justifiable because most customers use their pizza chain's website to order, so they are consciously choosing not to too, as opposed to simply being lazy and dumb and not having cash to tip.

people who pay by credit card and then say "sorry i don't have any cash" are funny. "there's a line right there you can write a tip in" "oh it's not my card"

actually no, people who send their kids to the door with EXACT CHANGE are the worst.

if you don't tip the pizza delivery guy i am not exaggerating when i say you deserve a slow and painful death

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Moridin920 posted:

It really was usually the richer people that stiffed me. Which is double whack because they also usually had the longest driveways and poo poo like their own personal gates that you gotta call to get them to open.

I've delivered pizza for a total of like 4 years between the late 90s and the late 00s and I can't recall ever once getting a surprise massive tip from rich people (and at one point the store I worked at did a lot of delivery to million dollar plus houses)

Rich people tip like crazy when you read their Tarot cards though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

phasmid posted:

No tip? Your card is "The Tower".

Whenever someone didn't tip me, I would cast a quick Hex against them as I drove away.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
to be fair, any time i worked at papa john's i had to hear the N word an awful lot from my co-workers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blue Train posted:

A lifetime of alcoholism and pedophilia will do that

He's a pedophile too? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The guy that started or ran Domino's in America is a turbo Christian who is building a "Catholic paradise" in Ave Maria, Florida.

I've never looked into the guy who started Pizza Hut but based on these trends I'm gonna guess he's like, the Zodiac Killer or something.

• Locked thread