Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Problem description: I have an acer predator 17 hooked up to a tv and i can not wake it with my logitech usb devices when the lid is closed.

Attempted fixes:
I have set the power option for lid closure to "do nothing"

I have set the usb ports to be powered during sleep

I have gone into the device manager and attempted to set the logitech devices to be able to wake the computer from the power options menu you need admin priv to see, but that option is greyed out

Recent changes: system is new

--

Operating system: windows 10

System specs: Acer predator 17

google/faq? yes. There are actually a bunch of threads going back to 2014 of people complaining about this on acer machines and none of the advice they give does anything or is inaccessible to me.

Thanks for helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Good enough solution: i turned on wake over lan in the bios and got a phone app to send the magic packet.

• Locked thread