Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Lmao, you watch ParagonDS's videos too?

Gaming and Mental Health (w/hatemail)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
99% of these people don't want to make videos, they want to have made videos. It's the same with any creative endeavor. The ones who are good and who last just start doing it because they enjoy it and if they make it big, that's an extra bonus

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Eh, I think some of it is like people that dream of being rock stars but then find out there is a bunch of poo poo under the glamor. Though in this case they seen to be realizing that entertainment of any type is primaily boring drudgery. I get the feeling that they're suddenly finding that making a good video involves a lot of actual work while the internet is a hungry void always demanding more.

It is exactly like people who dream of being rock stars. People who dream of being rock stars don't want to write and/or play music, they want to have written and/or played music.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

ToxicSlurpee posted:

To be honest I think they do want to write and play music but not do all the other bullshit that a rock star has to do to get there. If you're new you don't get a bus for each member you tour in a lovely van. You have to fix your own instruments, work on a shoe string budget, and not hire roadies. Sometimes all that shows up is two people and a dog. You do all your own publicity. People are chasing after the cool parts without wanting the parts that suck. Even then its still a job where you have to keep showing up even if you don't feel like it. Nothing is all glitz and glamor. Thats why I'm saying it's similar. They want the fun and cool parts but are realizing that the majority of what you have to do actually kind of sucks.

Like even if you become a huge rock star you still have to live on a bus for months at a time. Being a YouTube star means always making new fresh and good content and boring video editing.

Yeah but none of that stuff matters if you just like writing and playing music. You don't care that only 3 people show up and riding in vans and fixing your own guitar is fun

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

Lowtax posted:

lol because yes, it's clearly YouTube's fault here and none of the blame goes to the people who knew what YouTube's policies are, who had worked with YouTube, and were aware of what the job they choose entailed. loving unreasonable Goons, clearly all the blame is the evil capitalist entity that they never were prepared to deal with because, uh, reasons.

Do you feel a kinship with youtube because you unfairly use the work that goons create for free in the wildly successful Photoshop Phriday and Comedy Goldmine sections of the front page?

• Locked thread