Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Haruka, who is attending college in Tokyo, meets Asahi again and reawakens his memories from his middle school years, including those of Ikuya. Makoto is working toward a new dream while he is in Tokyo together with Haruka. Rin has an unexpected meeting in Sydney.

Haruka Nanase: Currently at a Tokyo college and joined their swim club.

Makoto Tachibana: Also in Tokyo but studying to become a swimming instructor at a different college.

Nagisa Hazuki: Now 2nd year HS student and member of Iwotobi Swim team.

Rei Ryuugazaki: Now 2nd year HS student and member of Iwotobi Swim team. .

Rin Matsuoka: Currently in AU and still training for the Olympics.

Sousuke Yamazaki: Retired from swimming due to past sports injury.

The return of former swimming buddies:

Ikuya Kirishima: Meets Haru in Tokyo again at a swim meet.

Asahi Shiina: Currently attend the same college as Haru and both join the swim team.

Natsuya Kirishima: Ikuya's older brother who travels the world for the prize money from swimming tournaments.

Hiyori Tono: Ikuya's friend who met studying abroad in America. Also, seems to have a grudge against Haru and friends.

Alder fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
God how has it been four years since I last watched this. Like these boys, I have also gone from high school to college in the interim. I love college settings now.

It was a fine introduction episode, everything felt Bigger and College Level, which I liked. Really curious to see if this show's kind of interpersonal drama still does anything for me after all these years, having watched a lot more stuff. Also glad I remembered everyone's faces, but boy I did not know if I was supposed to know the new people or not cause I was lost having not seen Starting Days yet plus it being four long years. I might do a rewatch honestly

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 13, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not watching it yet but I'm finishing up S2 now and planning to watch High Speed so I can jump into this knowing who everyone is. It had been a long time since I watched any of it as well but it was easy to pick back up where I left off :3: Looking forward to getting past the high school stuff and into the college setting.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1017872812449714182

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Actually IDR much from S1/2 but I look forward to a summer season of cute boys doing cute things :3:

Here's to Haru hoping he finds out what he wants to do in life beyond swimming.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Do I need to watch any of the movies in order to not miss anything in the new season?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's relying on characters from the HS:Starting Days movie so that one at least

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Haruka and Ikuya look almost the exact same.

My favorite, based on image alone, is this Sousuke Yamazaki guy. I've always been a fan of that particular shoujo/otome reverse harem character archetype.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

officer i've got some weed in my rear end

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
he's good even if acab

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Discuss your otp and why.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
makoharu, sometimes with rin as a 3rd

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

A nice reunion ep and let Haru see his old friends :kimchi:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It feels weird to be excited for Free cause I kinda just shrugged my way through the first two seasons (tho the second is legit good).

But yea High Speed is like swimming Hyouka it's really rad, and season 3 so far feels like a grab bag of everything that worked in this series so far and it's kinda shocking that it manages to fit together. This is the good poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haven't seen Ep. 2 yet, but glad it seems to be more of a refinement of what's worked in the past.

Like you said, it feels weird to be excited about Free again, and I think whatever Discourse eighteen year old me got into wrt Free makes this weird and interesting to look at again

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ep 2 is a lot of flashback to what happened after High Speed and it's rad

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Another reminder Gou is the best manager. Also, drama incoming.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I am so baffled by how good this is. Like it's one of the best things I've seen this year? I'm enjoying it a lot lol.

It's really funny how they keep bringing up old drama and character quirks and everyone is rightfully embarrassed by them, then they pull off some tick that shows that no they haven't really outgrown anything they just handle it different. And it's like, actually interesting? I'm invested? What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Haru gains another rival and we finally resolved all the loose ends from S2.

• Locked thread