Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

crap, was looking forward to reading the something awful dot com games forum thread about this

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked the demo but I'll be picking it up in the future...sending my JRPG energy to the Pimps this week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

2D rpg structured sorta like a SaGa game from the Bravely Default team for the Switch

I found out yesterday that it's not from the bravely default team it's by the people who made Akiba's Trip, but square just marketed it as a Bravely successor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The mechanics of the game still seem very Bravely to me

Yeah it's got the same brave/Default set up. I hope the job system is as robust

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

QQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Only 7,888,888 to go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

I got back into this game and I FINALLY unlocked secondary jobs!!! Thank the lordt! Its so much more fun and addicting now I love it!

I got really lucky with the dancer move Bewildering Grace it gave me 100x JP!!!! Ended up with 8k its insane!!! Enough to master an entire job 😍

Lmao. Yakuza-tier NPC names.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tentative yay, depending on the meal type.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just started this this morning. Chose Therion, I played the Cleric's first chapter in the demo and that's all I've seen. All the enemy sprites are so sick, I love the huge boss ones especially. This seems like a supremely comfy game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alfyn is such a dork.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't met everybody yet but I feel like I've got 3 slots locked in (thief, dancer and merchant). I'm guessing either the Hunter or the Cleric is gonna wind up in that last slot just from the job names.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably rotate in Alfyn at every town to inquire. And all the side quests need a variety of path actions you'll have to rotate in...it's such a dense game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only ever dueled people for sidequests, I don't know what happens if you just gently caress up random townies. I've been too scared to try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

some sidequests can be solved by dueling/provoking, also there's people blocking entrances to buildings that you can beat up to get inside and usually there's a chest or something in there.

herculon posted:

It’s not all violence. Some of them can be persuaded to temporarily join your party.

I can't believe I never thought to do this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I died on the Tressa boss because on the last turn I used a 4x roulette dance and had my party defense lowered and then a meteor fell on my party dealing 1000 damage to everybody and instantly wiping.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've gotten a 10x JP one, and you can get a effect that gives you max HP/SP/BP. its pretty tight and i love to fake gamble.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cyrus is a badass sir who gives no fucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat his battle abilities are awesome as well. Now I'm struggling to think how I'm gonna even pick a 4 person Team, especially since I know there's sub jobs to unlock too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Got 2 of the advanced jobs today :cheerdoge: Only 1 more left! But its gonma be a doozy.

Nice, I'm almost done with all the chapter 1s. Big fan of inane speech patterns so I can tell I'm gonna like the hunter town

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

was walking to my first chapter 2 and found out this game has metal slime equivalents...awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man I can't wait to get subclasses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

It makes the game s00 much more epic!!

I just found the first shrine, and now I want to immediately find them all before I do any more Chapter 2s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

once i realized what i was looking for I went around to pick them all up and immediately got a notebook out to start planning jobs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Im interested to hear about that build + what party members in your A-team 👀

Idk what my A-Team is gonna be yet but so far the locks are

Therion: Thief/Hunter (Main Character), physical powerhouse and getting the Second Chance skill from Hunter + that crazy one that gives a chance of acting again at end of turn, he obliterates single targets.
Ophilia: Cleric/Scholar, OP magic damage output, plus equally awesome heals when needed.

idk what the other two are gonna be yet. I made Alfyn the Warrior subclass and I like him a lotmore when he doesn't have to rely on concoct as much, but he still seems kinda of middle of the road. I wanna make somebody a dancer, and may do Tressa as Merchant/Dancer, just haven't used her yet bc I've only done one chapter with the subclasses so far. Or maybe give Primrose the Apothecary and see how that goes. Theres an overhwhelming amount of options rn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Im interested to hear about that build + what party members in your A-team 👀

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

did the Gamer Notes thread fall into the archives...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hit credits in this somehow but I feel like the adventure is only just beginning. I finished 4 chapter 4s (B squad) and now its into the main event. Alfyn's Story was the lamest I think, I'm most looking forward to seeing Cyrus and Primrose's conclusions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was legitimately shocked when i bumped into ogen in a town after I finished Alfyn's story and he now has his own substory that's a really great touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found my first job shrine for the extra jobs at hour 50 and half the chapter 4s done and now my plans are all screwed up

• Locked thread