Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Blastinus posted:

Not gonna lie, throwing bats at you while you're on a tiny moving platform does seem like peak Castlevania.

Peak Metroidvaniagaiden has not yet been achieved. Then again, this isn't a Metroidvania, so I guess just a Castlegaiden sort of dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who hardly uses Zangetsu in the game starring him.

Yeah, he doesn't have much utility.
Sure he has a quick attack animation, but virtually no range. Miriam can whip 2-3 times before an enemy gets in her face, so she'll probably kill them as fast as Zangetsu would. Or just axe anyone who does get through the whip.
Miriam has a ton of mobility.
His anti-air whip weapon is pretty expensive for being incredibly precise and not much better range than Gebel's bats. Miriam's kunai and Gebel have a bit of a spread. Alfred doesn't have much anti-air ability except the chain lightning.

Honestly the only things he has is his damage buff (which you should immediately tag someone else to utilize anyway), and the holy water analogue. Honestly aside from the chain lighting, and maybe a very small bit of Miriam's axe, nothing else is good for lower targets, infrequent as they are.

Also, I never really had problems jumping on stairs, but usually I don't jump in at an angle.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

One of the few things I can fault this game for, is that you don't have too good of a reason to assume you can to the genocide route.

Since Zangetsu's range is so horrible, basically by the time you reach the point where you can attack, the d-pad shows up showing you can interact with them. And then there's no chance to back out.

"You are an abomination and the very thing I've sworn to wipe from this earth! :black101:"
"Wait, I can summon Red Lobster biscuits from nothing!"
"...You can live until they bring back Endless Shrimp"

No yes/no choice, or kicking you back out of the dialogue after the "I can do [useful thing]" plea. Just "JOIN UP!"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

AnotherGamer posted:

-Valac is more aggressive and the projectiles move quicker and the heads tend to attack at the same time more in the first phase, while the fire breath in the second phase is wider, meaning you need to duck to avoid it

In my normal playthrough the lower head never breathed fire, it only snapped. In Nightmare it constantly breathed fire. It was the one time I felt the team was ill suited for the job. The one time Zangetsu and his holy water analogue would have been welcome.

• Locked thread