Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

knife pervert is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dordreff posted:

lmao knife pervert stole Okada's ice pack the deadset loving legend

That was excellent.

I was hoping he'd mutilate Okada with the chair after the match though. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He's such a piece of poo poo, it's loving perfect.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Yeah I was pretty mild on Switchblade when he appeared first. But THIS Switchblade is awesome. Glad to see how much he's improved.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HIS Chaos? YTR will monkey-god trickster you into oblivion!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Had a hard time understanding a lot of what he was saying but definitely got "gently caress all of you people" in there

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rocky's face :hellyeah:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Had a hard time understanding a lot of what he was saying but definitely got "gently caress all of you people" in there

I also heard a Breath with the Switchblade.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Fun match.

Huh, weird promo. Hard to be a creepy bad guy in a promo without channeling Kenny Omega I guess.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

How the gently caress did he get backstage that quickly already?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love this loving dirtbag, god drat. Amazing how much you can do with a 30 second promo compared to the horrible WWE junk pumped out week after week.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

As much as I loved day 1 there have already been 2 screwy finishes - hopefully this won't be a recurring thing?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Stealing the ice pack is best heel move of 2018

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

an_mutt posted:

As much as I loved day 1 there have already been 2 screwy finishes - hopefully this won't be a recurring thing?

Every YTR match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Never give up

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Every YTR match.
ignoring the ytr matches, obviously :downs:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

5-0 on my first day of predictions. I think I went 1-4 last year so an improvement.

And YTR matches won't have screwy finishes, he promised they wouldn't.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

5-0 on my first day of predictions. I think I went 1-4 last year so an improvement.

And YTR matches won't have screwy finishes, he promised they wouldn't.

i was 4-1 as i assumed fale was winning

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Never give up

Tanahashi, Cena, same thing!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Apart from that one gently caress finish which at least serve a good purpose, this was a great day 1.

+1 for Jay White being just an amazing heel now.

Only slightly gutted at EEEEVIL not beating Elgin.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i'm at 3-2; thought Evil would win, and unwisely thought suzuki/tanahashi would be a draw

overall, that was cool!!! jay white is so dang good.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Also at 3-2, was hoping for EVIL and MiSu to win.

Sadly I can't find the rest of my prediction table since I took part in the POST Wrestling prediction game, so from here on out it's a mystery to me too!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I thought Suzuki would win and hoped EVIL would win

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

i was 4-1 as i assumed fale was winning

I thought they'd make Page look good with a big win coming into his first G1. I don't know if it really achieved that but I'll take the points.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
2-3 for me. I had Fale, EVIL and Okada winning. Not sure what I was thinking with the last one. I guess I thought Knife Pervert would run most of the rest of the table?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I thought they'd make Page look good with a big win coming into his first G1. I don't know if it really achieved that but I'll take the points.

Page looked like he was going to win anyway so that explains the Rage Quit from the Tongans.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Skipping every Yoshi Hashi match from now on lmao

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I liked YOSHI-HASHI/Makabe tbh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jack Anderson posted:

Page looked like he was going to win anyway so that explains the Rage Quit from the Tongans.

Yeah, he was about to hit the Rite of Passage.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I liked YOSHI-HASHI/Makabe tbh.

I liked the Japanese commentators being completely bewildered that Hashi was showing some signs of dominance. I felt it was a pretty standard match though. Both guys can put on some pretty good performances but they're both among the least good workers in this years tournament so a solid match was about all I was expecting.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Tomahawk posted:

Skipping every Yoshi Hashi match from now on lmao

Only reason I ever see one is if I manage to wake up early enough to see an event live and have to. Even then, I could've slept another twenty as he was in the warm up spot. My mistake.

Maybe when Omega wrestles him I'll watch.

Speaking of Kenny; since he's kind of a grey shaded baby face of a supposed heel faction, it felt like the first night of G1 was used as a good way to get the new crop of villains over.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So unrelated to everything has anyone figured out what happened to Kitamura?

Anyway finally signed up again. I figure I'll catch it throughout the day while doing work. I wish I didn't know the results ahead of time, but then again I would just not have to read the thread, so it's my own fault.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Demtor posted:

Only reason I ever see one is if I manage to wake up early enough to see an event live and have to. Even then, I could've slept another twenty as he was in the warm up spot. My mistake.

Maybe when Omega wrestles him I'll watch.
drat what a final

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

drat what a final

I guess Omega avenging the loss from his first ever G1 match a couple of years ago is a compelling enough story.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
This was great, cant wait for tomorrow.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I guess Omega avenging the loss from his first ever G1 match a couple of years ago is a compelling enough story.

YOSHI-HASHI destroys White and goes on a tear, takes over CHAOS and declares himself the rightful heir to Nakamura.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So unrelated to everything has anyone figured out what happened to Kitamura?

Drugs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Bullet Club/Firing Squad split happening at the same time Switchblade beats Okada and sows seeds of doubt in CHAOS as to their own true leader is perfect, considering Switchblade said in January he'd tear both BC and CHAOS apart by the time he was done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Isn't that Japanese for Hello?"

Oh I love you Don Callis.

So has Don managed to make Impact any better?

:(
I'm not surprised, but I thought no one cares about steroids in Japan? At least at the pro wrestling level.

• Locked thread