Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Night 2 already a show of the year contender. The cobra clutch is going to result in one hell of a surprise rainmaker one of these days but yeah, it just doesn’t work. Even Okada couldn’t sell it as that bad when Jay put him in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah,despite the briefcase, G1 isn’t Money in the bank, it’s the Royal Rumble. A 19 day long amazing Royal Rumble.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If anything Naitos hair looks like the morning after the party ended.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Whatever his fashion Naito has been solid loving gold for a long time now. I remember thinking he was a poor mans Ibushi when his Stardust Genius thing was going on and I finally turned around on him on that performance when he first came back Tranquilo where Shibata just straight murdered him during the G1.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

No fooling, the last few years has been the most I have ever enjoyed wrestling outside of maybe that golden period when I was like 5 and loved everything.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Man I wish I could watch these shows live.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I really like Fale's theme. Redeems having to watch Fale wrestle a bit. I miss the obvious ones, Tana's old theme for instance, but I really miss Yujiro's sexaphone theme. Sleazy rear end saxophone is undefeated so far as themes go. Yujiro, Val, Rude, all perfect.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 26, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That was great. I also think it might have been the weakest card possible for the B block. B Block best block.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

We are still getting steak every other day at the very least.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

We are getting show of the year contenders every other night they run right now and while that is a slight downturn from last year, it isn't one that I feel that beat up about.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

They lack a good Killer Monster Gaijin like a Vader, Hansen, or Williams. But those are admittedly pretty friggin hard to come by. Cobb and Elgin lack the sheer size, and nobody with the size is so good these days.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Fale at least wrestles like a monster even if he's not really very good. Elgin and Cobb though, they sell too much and for all their size and crazy movesets, they come across like guys on the same level as everybody else. It's great for match quality but bad for getting them across as the monsters they could be.

False is treated by all the rest of the roster as a mountain to climb. Nobody is fully safe no matter how good they are otherwise. That has some value and its just a shame that the mountain isn't very good in the ring.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 27, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Watching now and Tanga Loa has to have like all the points in the Tag G1.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I am never ever going to complain about good wrestling, Oh....bother. Another 5 star match... but there might be something to say for spreading it out a little bit more like this. I am nowhere near as burned out as I was this time last year. All the hits feel like hits. I also want to give props to Kevin and Rocky, I missed them when they were out.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The problem is Tama isn’t very good unfortunately. AJ had pretty regular interference when the leader of the Bullet Club, but it was a lot more acceptable* because the match almost always held up on top of it.

*People did complain then as well I am aware.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Still watching but holy gently caress Ishii Ibushi!!!

Finished now and ha!

Rarity posted:

I'm not finished watching yet but HOLY gently caress IBUSHI/ISHII :stare:

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 28, 2018

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ishii is probably my favorite wrestler to watch wrestle new people. He is capable of doing something good with any style of opponent. He has beautiful style clashes with everyone

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ishii/Ibushi is in the running for my favorite match all year, and yes I did love Okada/Omega 4 a lot.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

People treating weird Okada like they treated his long boys. We may never see the Rainmaker again.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Weird Okada and The Rainmaker are one and the same.

You say that but he don't pose no more, and he don't hit the diving elbow or the Heavy rain. All jokes aside, I have to admire his constantly evolving moveset, when is the last time you have seen his old submission finish the red ink? Heck, he even transitioned out of doing the cobra clutch after the first match or so of this tournament. That also said, I am not a fan of the way he does the regular ddt, the kip up after is fine but the DDT itself is kind of rear end looking.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I feel like the story they are telling with Okada comes into conflict with he fact that they also want Okada to be in the running during the closing days of the G1. I just watched Okada/Suzuki in the rain, and Okada was in full God mode and and went to a draw with Suzuki and now, goofball Okada beats him straight up without putting in near the same sort of effort. Weird Okada, with the story they seem to be pushing, should be losing more, because this is making other guys look a little bad for not even being able to keep up with half-assed Okada.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Okada is definitely not putting on as consistently excellent matches this G1 as he used to (and some of that is probably feeling out the new character but i'd also just put it up to Okada not going as hard) but I think at this point it seems clear Weird Okada isn't being portrayed as less of a wrestler than The Rainmaker. I mean it's nothing new for Okada to go long periods acting as if he doesn't need to be completely serious against his opponents, and pulling out the wins anyway. Though before, that was out of the belief that he was just so far above everyone else he didn't need to rather than balloons.

The problem is that if goofy Okada is as good as Okada classic, then there is no need for him to be snapped out of it.

I blame the long boys.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

See now you're getting it.

remusclaw posted:

People treating weird Okada like they treated his long boys. We may never see the Rainmaker again.

I had it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

They're my favorite stable just on the strength of "Weirdos who are friends" and they feel like a unit in a way that no other stable does besides maybe BC. Chaos has always felt like "guys who stand next to Okada" and Suzuki-Gun works well but just don't click together the way LIJ does.

Chaos hasn't really been a thing, a real thing with like storylines and such since Nakamura was in charge and they were dastardly heels, and that ended really before Okada even made his way into the fold. Also to weigh in on Yujiro from earlier, he got Pieter from Bullet Club but he lost his great Sexaphone theme, and I cant say whether that was a fair trade or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Numbers and stars in reviews have always been a shorthand for attracting word challenged people. Numbers =/= science.

• Locked thread