Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

. Suzuki-Gun is one of the top Heel stables in NJPW, led by generally disgusting human being Minoru Suzuki.

Odd way of spelling "Minoru Suzuki, big One Piece fan, street fashion aficionado, and the coolest professional wrestler currently active who is not named Rush, LA Park, or EVIL" but otherwise ok

fart blood posted:

I'm 5 and an idiot.

Now I get why you keep posting about not liking Scurll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh I was aware of why you hated him this just explains why you won't shut up about it and keep getting mad when people keep replying WOOP WOOP

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jay White's debuted a new finisher: the feared Ref Bump

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I guess it makes sense that after Bullet Club got heat by pretending to be 90s WCW heels, Jay White thought the logical next step was getting heat by being a mid-2000s WWE heel.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

Guys, what if Jay White actually wins the G1? :ohdear:

Yeah, I'm getting the sinking feeling this is another Kenny Omega in 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

This is a real good lineup but how did they end up putting the least interesting match in the main event?

By saying "well, Goto has to main event some shows, he's still a title holder."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Okada only having a four star match with White is an indictment.

That's like, Cody bad.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

That rating is an understatement, personally

Personally I'd call it one star too many, but in terms of Meltzer ratings of Okada main events, four stars or under is an anomaly.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

cams posted:

jay white v okada was better than kenny v goto, meltzer is an idiot baby

Wow, Kenny/Goto must have been bad

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mike Elgin vs Dark Ziggler: whoever wins, we lose

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

What the gently caress

(Breathy, threatening, yet new zealandy)
I'm here... to show the world

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mike Elgin, master of the Flying Rollup

Also it's wild that Dark Ziggler has the deadlift German, a cobra clutch suplex, and the Three Amigos in his repertoire, but finishes with Fandango's old finish, like he ran out of cool move ideas before getting to the finisher slot in Create A Wrestler

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yoshi-hashi never looks like he's having a good time, he's got resting dread face

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

Nah, Jay White is better than Ziggler

Debatable

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yoshi always looks like he spent an hour before the match drinking in his car and contemplating driving into a wharf

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yoshi is the guy at CHAOS HQ who spends half his day in the bathroom and the other half at the coffee machine but nobody notices

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Finally Yoshi gets to go to the break room before taking an hour long smoke break

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EVIL lives his truth every day and I'm here for it

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not sure how that chair spot was supposed to work but ok

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

God these are some lovely looking rollups

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bad Match Fale

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

lol what a finish

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dordreff posted:

Hangman might have the best music in NJPW now that Suzuki's sucks

Ishii has really good music, and Yano's theme rules

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A perfectly fine night to let us all breathe before tomorrow's supercard

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this is the best g1 there has ever been and its not even halfway done.

This has been a very good G1, but let's not devalue the past few years of G1s, which have all been very good

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm excited for White to win, completely flop in his title program, go to Mexico for a year, and come back as White LA Park

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tama Tonga and Fale are still two of the worst workers in their respective blocks but I'm kind of loving this feud with Red Shoes in a "Iizuka loving with the commentary team in ~2014" way

On the finals show I hope they just start having a match with Red Shoes, which of course ends with Red Shoes fast counting his own pin

I Before E fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 21, 2018

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VJeff posted:

So I'm gonna throw this out there and you guys just correct me if I'm wrong:

The parts of his matches in this tournament where Tama Tonga wrestles his opponent, the parts where he's doing a wrestling match are at worst okay and at best really loving good.

It's all the parts around that with the bizarrely ineffective interference that are loving things up.

I wouldn't go as high as "really loving good", but he's not YOSHI-HASHI bad, yeah.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VJeff posted:

So, after 6 nights, who's your tourney MVP so far?

A Block: EVIL and Suzuki
B Block: YTR, ZSJ, SANADA, really like half the block could count, but SANADA/ZSJ is my favorite match of the tourney so they're leading

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

You know you don't have to settle for bargain bin Seth Rollins, the real thing is having matches just as bad

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Top 5:

1: SANADA/ZSJ
2: Ibushi/ZSJ
3: Juice/Ibushi
4: Ishii/YTR
5: Tanahashi/Suzuki - A Block deserves a little love

MVP:

1: ZSJ
2: YTR
3: Juice
4: Ishii
5: SANADA

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

4) ZSJ/SANADA having a G1 match with I think no actual bumps and it being awesome

They decided to build the entire plane out of chain wrestling and rollups and it was an amazing decision

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That was a great finishing stretch, just a real nice bit of shine for Narita.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tama Tonga has incredible day drunk energy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Like, YOSHI has sad drunk energy, but Tama seems to be on Armie Hammer dancing in CMBYN levels of "gently caress it, I'm here to have a good time"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Same, but his entrances never disappoint

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The absolute boy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

:(

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Is it just me or has this show just been meh?

It's just you, everything after the YTR match has ripped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I hope Sanada finally stops Kenny from just rolling through all of B Block and earns himself a title shot after the tournament

• Locked thread