Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Is the press conference up with English subtitles anywhere? Or do they not usually subtitle those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I'm awake, have coffee brewing and my customary NJPW McGriddle and hashbrown waiting for me, and I'm surrounded by cats confused as to why I'm up at 4:30 am. Let's do THIIIIIISSSSSSSSS?!

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Running with Japanese commentary for now. It's on a hype level unmatched by the English commentary most of the time and the last couple of shows I've gone with English. I did enjoy Chase's commentary, though.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

My best memory of Jado and Gedo is their sweet old theme song, though I 100% thought they said "gently caress YOU WE ARE JADO GEDO" at the start.
https://youtu.be/bi4lJuIwOGU

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

So I guess YTR'S no cheating rule applies only to the tournament

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

extradite THIS! posted:

Ah gently caress my friends want to meet up even earlier than I thought. I only have an hour to watch this anymore

Your real friends are in your TV

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I love that TAKA is still going. He was one of my favorites growing up and I really believed he was going to beat Triple H for the title that one time.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Alright, Yoshi Hashi. Make me a believer.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I feel like the undercard matches are shorter than usual which is great since it doesn't feel like you're just wading until the main matches start. This show has had a good flow so far.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Demtor posted:

I picked him but I dunno. Every time I have to pick him for a win... it just feels wrong.

I've never liked him but he's been around so long that I want him to have some kind of crazy coming out party.

But what's the deal with the big green stick? It looks dumber than I even remember it looking before. Is it just a curtain rod?

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I love seeing everybody coming back from or going to a bathroom break

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I can't tell if Yoshi's submission actually looks like it hurts or not

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Ugh, the only thing worse that Yoshi is Fale

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Jack Anderson posted:

Actually Fale is better.

They're both bad, IMO, but I feel like I'm bored by Fale on a whole different level than Yoshi.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Yeah, B Block is definitely the place to be. Jeez.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Every variation of this submission looks loving gross and awesome

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

gently caress

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Well god drat, I was pulling for Suzuki in this one

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

This is gonna be real real fun

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I kind of forgot this match was happening and thought Tana/Suzuki was the main so I'm pleasantly surprised

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Jay should stab all of the balloons

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I don't really get Okada's new look unless it's because he's been mentally broken by losing the title in which case it's perfect

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I am so glad that Chuck Taylor in New Japan was a thing, never would have gotten Knife Pervert without it.

What's the connection there? I wasn't watching when Chuck was around.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Chuck called Jay knife pervert on twitter

Easy enough!

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Had a hard time understanding a lot of what he was saying but definitely got "gently caress all of you people" in there

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I love this loving dirtbag, god drat. Amazing how much you can do with a 30 second promo compared to the horrible WWE junk pumped out week after week.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Never give up

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Those last two matches were effing insane. I thought Ibushi/ZSJ was going to be match of the night when it was over - for whatever reason I didn't expect Naito/Omega to go as hard as they did. But gently caress, that match was intense. The last ten minutes or so were just ridiculous and I was shouting at my TV a whole lot. Those two piledrivers from Omega were sickening. I was really pulling for Naito at the end there, but I could see him winning the tournament and challenging at WK with this loss as backdrop.

The only match I'm really interested in on the 16th is Tanahashi/White (A Block is kind of a bummer). I love Suzuki but don't have any feelings one way or the other for Makabe - he's always just kind of been there for me. B Block on the 19th looks great, though - Juice/Kota, Goto/Omega and Naito/Ishii will all be good to great and god drat do I want to see YTR somehow tap out ZSJ. SANADA/Tama should also be good and I just want to see SANADA win all of the things.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

When are they gonna stop pussyfooting around and put Jado & Gedo in a tag match?

Also I've been wondering if the Chaos stuff will lead to a new face faction. Yoh and Okada are obviously not into Jay's poo poo. Maybe they can form a new balloon-based group.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Decently fun show. YOSHI is stinky but I feel like this is the most emotion I've seen from him before? Scary powerbomb botch, though.

I'm v much invested in YTR showing himself as a good wrestler and I really, really want him to tap ZSJ out in their match.

Main event was great and Jay taking down all the top names is fantastic. Way too many god drat ref bumps/distraction spots tonight, though.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I'm very very sad that YTR lost but that match was amazing. Also, I love SANADA and I don't care who knows it.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Caught up on the shows and god drat, I'm now a Hangman Page believer after his match with Okada. I really wanted him to pull out the win there.

YTR/Ibushi was amazing as was SANADA/ZSJ. I like how SANADA had an answer and counter for everything Sabre threw at him and how frustrated Sabre got because of it. Love that B Block!

Oh, I also love how rightfully terrified White is of Suzuki. Think I'm going to have to wake up at 4:30am to watch tomorrow's show live.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Firing Squad is very boring and I've never seen the appeal of Fale in general. I want to like Tama and I have in tag matches in the past but he hasn't done anything for me in the tournament so far.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

I'm awake! I'm here! I can't wait to do something else during Elgin/YOSHI and to stare intently at my screen with heart eyes during Suzuki/White.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Benne posted:

Not gonna lie, I've had the G1 theme song stuck in my head for most of the week

I can't count the number of times I've yelled "BEEEEE A SURVIVOR!" walking around my house.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Honma sounds like a god drat ghoul on commentary and I hate it.

Also Shota is my current favorite young boy but I also enjoy Ren a fair bit.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

ISHII and ZSJ is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

That little kid who got the glasses was so starstruck!

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Pulling for my spooky boy SANADA to squeeze Yujrio's head like a grape. Let's go you ingobernable sons of bitches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

It sounds like Honma is putting a hex on somebody every time he gets to speak uninterrupted.

• Locked thread
«4 »