Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Going to use this dumb match as an opportunity to warm up and eat my traditional McGriddle and hash brown. I can't bring myself to pay attention to these two doofuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HAHAHAAHAHAHAA gently caress YOU ELGIN

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ugh, these matches back to back remind me that we're going to get Elgin/Fale one of these days :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aesculus posted:

This would probably be a much better gimmick for Yoshi than what he currently has tbh.

Yeah, "guy with different colored curtain rods" is not a good gimmick so anything is an improvement

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Were they gonna kiss?!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love how panicked the announcer always sounds once he gets to 15 on a countout.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I would be into the Firing Squad DQ parade if there was some weird thing with the points where a DQ only got you 1 point instead of 2. It would make sense for them to want to act as spoilers for other dudes in the tournament. As it stands now, it's just annoying.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That was a pretty lackluster KAZE NI NARE tonight.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thauros posted:

devitt swept the 2013 BOSJ with interference in basically every match. it seemed cooler at the time, maybe because it was just fresher

It probably helps when you're a great wrestler who can have great matches with bullshit finishes tacked on versus being Bad Luck Fale.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love when Red Shoes refuses to count a pin after rule breaking.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It was a short match but I don't know how long you want it to go. The whole story told was Jay being (rightfully) terrified of Suzuki so as soon as he fucks up and gets caught it should be over. It'll be a fun match the next time it happens, perhaps with higher stakes and another 10-15 minutes tacked on.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Agreed that match also felt pretty short. I guess we're on schedule, though, in the grand scheme of things? Show is going to wind up being about 3 hours long after the main event. They shouldn't have given Elgin/YOSHI so much time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Man, I give zero fucks about this match. With the last two matches running short this has been the first dud night for me.

A Block is bit of a drag overall compared to B Block, honestly. The only match I was really excited for tonight was Suzuki/White. Makabe is fine but not someone I go out of my way to watch, and then you've got Fale, YOSHI, and Elgin in the same block. There are some interesting match-ups here and there but B Block is the real star of the tour.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SalTheBard posted:

I've started doing a daily podcast covering the G1 shows so it's been nice having a few days off.

I've been blogging about each day myself and the few day break is nice for me, too. I also like not having to avoid social media all day so I don't see any G1 spoilers before I get to watch each night.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 25, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They know SANADA is like the loving man and should be pushed to the moon, right? They must know this? My love for him grows with every show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

here comes the spunk posted:

For the longest time I didn't like YOSHI, but all the backlash is making me feel sorry for him.

So I guess i'm rooting for loving YOSHI-HASHI now

I started G1 out like this and I gave up. I love how bothered SHO looked to have him as a partner.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What I've loved about SANADA in the tournament is that he seems to have an answer for everybody. He counter-wrestled Sabre and he reversed or countered all of Ibushi's big moves. He just comes off so calm under pressure, waits for his spot, then sinks his teeth in.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This card is too good to sleep through, looks like I'm waking up in 4 hours!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

Fale vs. Makabe is ... not getting my hopes up for A Block

BEEEEEEEEEEE A SURVIVOR through A Block matches because you know B Block (the Best Block) is there to make up for it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You dumb young boys, feeding yourself to Suzuki like that!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rocky's so happy to get a balloon and not a balloon beating!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

Sho and Yoh probably both think they drew the short straw with their tag partners

Yes but in WILDLY different ways. SHO is stuck with the thousand-yard stare while YOH has to deal with a complete dirtbag who is fun to watch and has good-to-great matches. And, after all, Switchblade is just trying to help!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

man i really think the A block would have been better off with ishimori or someone else there in place of yoshi hashi.

Taichi does nothing for me but I'd rather watch him than YOSHI. And, as everyone has already said, Cobb instead of Elgin and literally any inanimate object instead of Fale.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The pure joy on Gedo's face as he finally gets to be the one attacking a beard is heartwarming.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does Okada's Scooby Dooby-Doo cross body block make Gedo Scrappy Doo? Has that been discussed yet?

Also who can draw them as Scooby and Scrappy because I want to see it now but have no artistic abilities.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gedo is shaggy

Now I just want all of Chaos drawn as their Scooby Doo character counterparts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

While we're waiting for the first tournament match, let's all enjoy Suzuki's terrifying promo after day nine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4eQQ7pzNs&t=103s

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hate Loa's slam poetry.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm kind of into it tbh

All it does for me is makes me want Doritos so maybe I actually love it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thauros posted:

yeah the've been announced as "bullet club og" all tour while the rest of them are "bullet club elite". it's on the matchup graphics as well. agreed that a formal split would be preferable tho as this will prob just be the sequel to team kenny vs team cody

This feels a little different in that nobody in BC Elite seems to want to side with Tama at all so there isn't the leadership struggle at all. Okada/White is leaning more toward a Kenny/Cody style thing, I think, whereas this is just... two groups within the same group who don't like each other. It'd be way better if they just officially split and became Firing Squad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

who could have seen this coming

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

AH that Gun Stun counter was loving sick

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The answer to everybody's conflicted feelings in this one is, clearly, a time-limit draw.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

♪ Yano is the beeeeest
Yano ichiban! ♪

At first I sang "Yano is the best" to the tune of Kaze Ni Nare and now I'm afraid MiSu is going to come to my house and murder me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if this is the end of the injured left hand story! Maybe Juice picks up wins the rest of the tournament with the use of his fist finally legal again.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is going to be so dumb and good. Really these next three matches should all be god drat ridiculous.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That was so loving good. Those throat punches!? Ibushi stood strong against Ishii's strikes and looked like a beast. What a god drat match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tonfa posted:

With some of the less tough looking guys it looks stupid when they go head-to-head in strike battles with a guy like Ishii but Ibushi looks 100% believable doing it.

I think I legitimately gasped when Ibushi's slap/palm strike sent Ishii to the mat. He looked like a million bucks here.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That was a good match but nothing spectacular - probably exactly the cooldown everyone needed between Ibushi/Ishii and the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so loving ready for this.

• Locked thread