Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Red Pyramid posted:

As for the ending, the last scene might actually be my favorite turn in the movie, and left me feeling weirdly inspired. Like other people have said, it's a lot more common to see safe liberal pablum sold as radical, and although Sorry to Bother You is inarguably bolder than that from the beginning, the place it seemed to be leaving off felt a little bit too cautious. And then we get the post-title card scene and a full on horse-person revolution. Boots isn't a social-democrat, he's a communist, and I think it's pretty clear at the end where he thinks things are heading.
Half of the people I saw this film with (earlier this evening) reckoned he took CEO dude's deal and the ending was a false flag. I think it's left in a way that gives room to that interpretation but also the idea that he's an authentic revolutionary.

I don't know quite what to think of this film. I mean, I loved it and think its powerful but I'm going to be thinking about it for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU