Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
They lost me at horse people. But it's got some rad moments here and there. I'm glad it's doing well though, it seems like any showing anyone I know sees including myself is sold out. Not bad for an indie with a small marketing budget not from A24.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
It reminded me a ton of Schizopolis honestly. Just not..as good. But to be fair Soderbergh hasn't done anything nearly as good since that (unsane anyone??? blehrghh) and I think Boots Riley will make tighter and tighter stuff and I'm looking forward to it. I need more people I know to see it so I can discuss it..I'm also in the liked and disliked it camp pretty much for all the reasons Brocktoon mentioned. I'm still thinking about the film though days later which is the sign it was at least interesting if not sucessful in what it sets out for.