Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
This was a good movie that kicked in gear when Armie Hammer's character came in. It touches on a lot of things culturally too, reminding me of Bamboozled by Spike Lee, and I think manages to get some insight into the headspace of the wealthy elite I've experienced. Not completely, but does hit a nerve that exists there.

It's not earth shattering but it's a great and well done debut. Hoping for the next one by Boots. I'm wondering if a better budget or more experience and skillful execution would have made it better to commit to the fantasy route. It could have gone further with a consistent tone/style but this works as it feels more raw and natural and practical.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nanigans posted:

Anyone else catch the CEO handing Cash the apple, aka the fruit of knowledge, right before watching the movie, thus waking him up from all the bullshit? I'm sure it's meant to be obvious, but it made me feel smart for a sec.

Also, I am curious about the eyepatch dude with no name. Anyone have an idea about that?

Eyepatch feels like a person who sold his soul. He has no name, even that's blanked out. His left eye is covered which means he's bought into the bullshit. Like, at one point he speaks genuinely to Cash but it's to guide him to his point of view in life. At the end, he bites into an apple and leaves. I wonder if there's something supernatural there or religious theme or something. I don't want to say the Devil but he's someone who has bought into the system.