Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

I think the line I laughed hardest at went something like "cynthia rose, who went viral with the video "have a cola and smile, bitch," has just signed a recording contract worth the equivalent of four white children."

I think my favorite bit of magical realism was the ever-changing photo of Cash's father.

I remember goons having a nice chuckle over ghost riding the whip back in the day, so I was smiling like an idiot when Mistah F.A.B. himself showed up for a cameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

I've heard here and elsewhere about the movie being a bleak or cynical outlook on efforts to confront problems and effect change, but the segment of this interview with DN more suggests an optimism on the part of Boots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCPvMNKvhE&t=769s

tl;dw : People confronted with socioeconomic problems may want them to change but feel too small to do it themselves, so they don't respond, but it's not utter apathy. His optimism is that displays of solidarity movements like within movie reaching mainstream audiences may help to grow them to the point where people feel that there's something to be done.