Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That is clearly not a 727 :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

fart simpson posted:

oh it says right there stock grants, cash, etc. theyre not counting stock compensation that isnt a straight grant for some reason

because it's not realized compensation. it's an option. they can exercise the option, or not

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

lmao this is becoming a problem at my workplace. *nobody* applies to work for us and we're losing the people we already have. it's 100% because of the $11/hr wage

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Capitalism containing the seeds of it's own destruction again, glassdoor mass reporters will become our vanguard party as all fast food places are forced to a $69/hr minimum wage.

tokin opposition has issued a correction as of 06:33 on Apr 27, 2021

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Nah companies can buy glass door reviews. I know I've gotten heaps of junk emails basically trying to sell me 5 stars on glass door and other review sites guaranteed.

Basically you can carpet bomb your business with fake employee reviews that love working for you.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAfB8j8oYeY&t=757s

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Centrist Committee posted:

hmm I wonder who heads up the SEC these days?

lmao 30 years old and partner at goldman sachs and spending the entire 80s working in m&a

This guy did SO MUCH hookers and blow.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/TokenPsycho/status/1386668363636686851

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

that's a special kind of evil

what vile pieces of poo poo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Do they even get a kickback for doing this poo poo or is it just like trophy hunting poor people

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I just saw a loving Lexus commercial that said David should be helping Goliath instead of fighting

I don't even know what the gently caress I feel about it but I needed to post about it

gently caress

As I remember the story, Goliath is the native and David is the invader, and David kills Goliath with superior technology because God promised him three land. Aside from being a car commercial, it sounds like a pretty good critique of Israel killing Palestinians because God promised then the land.

What I'm saying is, if you don't like it, accuse it of being anti-Semitic. That'll get it taken off the air.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BonHair posted:

As I remember the story, Goliath is the native and David is the invader

Uh, no. You could argue both of them were invaders, I guess, but Philistines had no more legitimate claim to the territories than the Biblical people of Israel.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do they even get a kickback for doing this poo poo or is it just like trophy hunting poor people

They're restaurant owners, abusing and demoralizing people is half the reason they're in it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

one of the points in fast food nation was McDonald’s gets a bunch of tax incentives for things likes workplace training and then at the same time designs its systems to require the least amount of training possible.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Proust Malone posted:

one of the points in fast food nation was McDonald’s gets a bunch of tax incentives for things likes workplace training and then at the same time designs its systems to require the least amount of training possible.

At Mariott they perpetually keep a rotating cycle of gullible dupes (only one at a time per worker "category") in training for alot of low level jobs and then fire them at the end or shortly after and rely on untrained contractors to do everything. The contractors are understaffed and intentionally worked at a level to cause them to burnout quickly. 400-500% turnover rate. "Contractor labor" doesn't get the hate and attention it deserves (and it gets quite a bit).

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Failed Imagineer posted:

The kickback is being able to pay way below market rates still by forcing people to be desperate enough to need it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's am actual award for turning people in tho lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Uh, no. You could argue both of them were invaders, I guess, but Philistines had no more legitimate claim to the territories than the Biblical people of Israel.

I looked up the wiki because I grew up in a heathen sinner household and wasn't really exposed to much bible stuff so I only know the story through cultural osmosis, and on the wiki page there's this bit:

quote:

In 2009, NBC aired Kings which has a narrative loosely based on the Biblical story of King David, but set in a kingdom that culturally and technologically resembles the present-day United States.[26] The part of Goliath is portrayed by a tank, which David destroys with a shoulder fired rocket launcher.

What a fuckin' quintessentially American version, "Goliath is a tank, and he is destroyed by David wielding a high-tech weapon specifically designed to destroy tanks."

Meanwhile in Japan:

quote:

In 1972, Toho and Tsuburaya Productions collaborated on a film called Daigoro vs. Goliath, which follows the story relatively closely but recasts the main characters as kaiju.

Much better.

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

So what you're saying is that they have no leverage over someone who already has a job?

Like, this is totally loving evil, but some people are still in a position to take advantage of it.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Kings owned.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

PuErhTeabag posted:

So what you're saying is that they have no leverage over someone who already has a job?

Like, this is totally loving evil, but some people are still in a position to take advantage of it.
$50 to spend like an hour filling out paperwork at a McDonald’s? only worth it to spite McDonald’s.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

kaschei posted:

$50 to spend like an hour filling out paperwork at a McDonald’s? only worth it to spite McDonald’s.

$50 an hour is good money.

In Australia we're not as married to the free market as the USA so instead the government is setting up a snitch hotline where you can call to say someone isn't taking work. You get paid in the warm, fuzzy, feeling that you're making someone starve for this so only the private contractors run by mates of the government make any money.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm sure a lot of states have snitch hotlines too. Like I'm positive Florida does without even checking

e: Yep lol. It's even easier, you can just do it online:

http://floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/fraud-and-identity-theft

quote:

Several examples of Reemployment Assistance fraud include:

Intentionally not reporting any wages that have been earned
May have intentionally under reported earnings
Misrepresented the reason for the job separation

Also I like that it's not unemployment, it's reemployment. Gotta make sure those moochers don't get the wrong fuckin' idea.

Shame Boy has issued a correction as of 19:19 on Apr 28, 2021

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't know if they still do it, but back when I was in highschool and early 20s mcdonald's did what they called On Job Evaluation or OJE. They had you go in and actually work some number of hours. They didn't pay for that unless you got hired in or your parent stood in the lobby in payday and made a big enough scene that management called corporate and got them to cut a check for $20

I don't blame the kids dad but I just wanted to get my check and go home

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Len posted:

I don't know if they still do it, but back when I was in highschool and early 20s mcdonald's did what they called On Job Evaluation or OJE. They had you go in and actually work some number of hours. They didn't pay for that unless you got hired in or your parent stood in the lobby in payday and made a big enough scene that management called corporate and got them to cut a check for $20

I don't blame the kids dad but I just wanted to get my check and go home

never thought that doing spec work would filter down to a minimum wage mcjob

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Shame Boy posted:

I'm sure a lot of states have snitch hotlines too. Like I'm positive Florida does without even checking

e: Yep lol. It's even easier, you can just do it online:

http://floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/fraud-and-identity-theft

Also I like that it's not unemployment, it's reemployment. Gotta make sure those moochers don't get the wrong fuckin' idea.

And it's through the Department of Economic Opportunity.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

Kings owned.
Yeah Kings was ridiculous but fun, good Ian McShane times.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

boar guy posted:

never thought that doing spec work would filter down to a minimum wage mcjob

I also did it once at Grandma Shearers potato chips. I made it through the group interview to the next step, put bags of chips in a box for 45 unpaid minutes.

The entire time people kept asking if I was okay because "you don't look like you're having fun" and I dunno was I supposed to look happy to be putting chips in a box as unpaid labor?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

When I worked fast food every once in a while corporate or whoever would send out some idiotic new set of rules regarding how we act to customers that we'd promptly ignore. Sorry I'm not gonna put on a poo poo eating grin and greet fast food customers like old friends and make small talk, I'm sure they'd be weirded out if we did anyways. I'm getting paid minimum wage and I smell like loving grease all day, go to hell

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I flip fries for exposure

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Gorson posted:

They're restaurant owners, abusing and demoralizing people is half the reason they're in it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/dining/blaine-wetzel-willows-inn-lummi-island-abuse.amp.html

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.wowhead.com/news/activision-blizzard-ceo-bobby-kotick-cuts-salary-and-bonus-by-50-322086

Good news everyone!
After getting 200 million bonus on top of my 30 million normal yearly pay this year, I have decided to forgo 800k next year.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

happyhippy posted:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activision-blizzard-ceo-bobby-kotick-cuts-salary-and-bonus-by-50-322086

Good news everyone!
After getting 200 million bonus on top of my 30 million normal yearly pay this year, I have decided to forgo 800k next year.

lol i remember nerds defending activision's dogshit severance when they laid off a bunch of people

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
where are people working if not lovely min wage places?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Good news everyone!

Jeff just quit so overwatch is definitely dead

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Yeah, just erase the restaurant name and copy/paste in any of the ones I've worked at. You have 3 types of restaurant owner:

1) the investor/corporation, who never worked at a restaurant and is all about profit. These places are terrible to work at.
2) The former restaurant employee that nobody liked who makes it their life goal to be a "restauranteur" so that they can continue the chain of abuse. These places are terrible to work at.
3) The former restaurant employee/not terrible human who recognizes the abuse in the industry and sets the restaurant up so that the employees are happy which in turn filters down to the customers and everybody makes good money. These places don't exist.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

where are people working if not lovely min wage places?

Wherever you had a friend who already worked there who could get you in.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Animal-Mother posted:

Wherever you had a friend who already worked there who could get you in.

Still lovely minimum wage but at least you can work with a friend.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Gorson posted:

Still lovely minimum wage but at least you can work with a friend.

All jobs are minimum wage because they can and should pay you more.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Walmart employee: thinking about killing myself.
Management: ...
Employee: so how about that shotgun?
Management: Ehhh. He's fine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/walmart-worker-talked-suicide-store-sold-gun-anyway-family-says-rcna774

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I found some old LaserDisc video advertisement magazine things and I think this guy belongs in the thread: