Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

Someone on tumblr spotted it at their local immigrant owned taco shop, which makes it extra depressing :(

Quite a lot of people come from places way more culturally conservative than the US and if republicans could just stop hate hate hating them for being nonwhite for 5 seconds they might make an appealing base to supplement the crotchety old white people as they slowly die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The best way to get incels to vote for Bernie is if he demands Chadization Facial Surgery to be covered by the single payer healthcare system.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

T-man posted:

The best way to get incels to vote for Bernie is if he demands Chadization Facial Surgery to be covered by the single payer healthcare system.

Government issue sex dolls.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The counterpoint of :umberto:?

World War Mammories posted:

it seems to jive with the eco in here pretty well. simultaneously the best, strongest, sexiest country ever and also vulnerable to death by burqa. fascism is a coward’s ideology after all

It's the point, not the counterpoint. We're the baddies, Hans.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was this the thread where we make fun of electric scooter and bike share schemes?

Sea shepherd cleaned up a small part of a river in lyon:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Is it ethical to pollute if you're destroying uber property in the process?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bike tory posted:

Is it ethical to pollute if you're destroying uber property in the process?

Hard no, since the environment is hosed enough as it is.

I can, however, support the stripping and resale of Uber/bike"share"/scooter"share" property. Use or sell the batteries and other electronics, take the remaining metal in for scrap recycling.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Don't pollute, reuse them for parts

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

Quite a lot of people come from places way more culturally conservative than the US and if republicans could just stop hate hate hating them for being nonwhite for 5 seconds they might make an appealing base to supplement the crotchety old white people as they slowly die

iirc GWB did pretty well with Muslims in 2000 and they seemed like a potentially solid GOP constituency.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Melbourne didn't like this particular share bike scheme

https://au.news.yahoo.com/over-40-obikes-removed-from-melbournes-yarra-river-37246023.html

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

iirc GWB did pretty well with Muslims in 2000 and they seemed like a potentially solid GOP constituency.

Yeah they were being built up by the right into the ~model minority~ because they tended to have wealth and vote conservative before, well, y'know

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"A customer at an “extremely fancy” restaurant has been mocked after requesting 16 adjustments be made to their order."
https://au.news.yahoo.com/diner-mocked-over-confusing-restaurant-order-224202050.html

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ekuNNN posted:

"A customer at an “extremely fancy” restaurant has been mocked after requesting 16 adjustments be made to their order."
https://au.news.yahoo.com/diner-mocked-over-confusing-restaurant-order-224202050.html

That poor dog

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine being such a human waste you cant cook your own dog a treat

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
You could microwave a pound of ground beef for $5 and your dog would be just as happy.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

ekuNNN posted:

was this the thread where we make fun of electric scooter and bike share schemes?

Sea shepherd cleaned up a small part of a river in lyon:

My city has a bike share system, and it's all made with proper halts to put them back in, otherwise it costs you a hefty fine. They recently discussed switching to a "free, open" system with no halts. gently caress no. I hope it doesn't pass. I was in Lisbon recently and the place has become littered with those shits everywhere in the past two years. It's loving sad.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

I'm the added side salad and also the "NO SIDE SALAD"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ekuNNN posted:

I'm going to give the customer the benefit of the doubt and hope they just said 'I want to give my dog a treat, can you cook up a beef patty for it? No burger or anything, just the patty' and the hope the waiter was like 'yeah okay that's dumb but I'll put all this in to make sure the chef doesn't try to impress what they would otherwise think is an order for a human'.

Oh who am I kidding I'm sure the owner was a dumb piece of poo poo. That poor creature (the dog, and the waiter).

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Any receipt or document that is redacted to hide identity should be regarded as fake.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

REDACTED posted:

Any receipt or document that is redacted to hide identity should be regarded as fake.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Iron Crowned posted:

This argument is always such a cop out too, because we sure as hell have to wait in line to see a doctor in the US too.

If I get sick and need a note to prove to my job that I really was sick, I have to go to the doctor's office and sit for four and a half hours to see a nurse practitioner who is honestly so old and tired and in such bad health herself that I feel guilty for wasting her time.

So now when I get sick I just go into work and leave midway through.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Go to work sick and puke on your manager's desk. 'I'm fine, really'. Shows commitment and you get a few days off and you puked on your manager's desk. Win win win.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Outrail posted:

Go to work sick and puke on your manager's desk. 'I'm fine, really'. Shows commitment and you get a few days off and you puked on your manager's desk. Win win win.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol a note to call in sick. are you in grade school?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

Bog standard practice in the US. Especially if you call in multiple days in a row. At my work it's more than three days in a row. "Good" employers couch it in health terms: "We just want to make sure you're safe to come back..."

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
In Australia most work places require a medical certificate to prove you are sick. They can cost anywhere between 20 to 50 dollars depending if your doctor bulk bills under Medicare.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN posted:

grade and high school is training you to work in the TPS report mines

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

ekuNNN posted:

Where do you live that that's not the case?
In most of my jobs in the last 15 years, they've been required, usually for 2+ days. Some had alterations like "doctors note not required if it's only a single sick day tues-thur".

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Spazzle posted:

I (as in me personally as the sous, because the chef is too good, and the line cooks arnt good enough for the owner) regularly cook expensive slabs of steak or cut up and cook pricey whole free range, organic chicken for the owners fancy dog. All of which we butcher in house, so its even more expensive.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

schools prepare white people for cubicles, non-white people for prison, and are and always have been primarily propaganda.

Plus that pizza you remember loving? It was made entirely of corn syrup, including the cheese product.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Anidav posted:

In Australia most work places require a medical certificate to prove you are sick. They can cost anywhere between 20 to 50 dollars depending if your doctor bulk bills under Medicare.

dav you should come work at a good newspaper that doesn't treat you like a child

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Name one.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
telling a chef "its for a dog" like infurates them and they turn red and storm off in a huff and get drunk with their chef hat

Svensken
May 29, 2010
What does the hat drink

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

StarMinstrel posted:

My city has a bike share system, and it's all made with proper halts to put them back in, otherwise it costs you a hefty fine. They recently discussed switching to a "free, open" system with no halts. gently caress no. I hope it doesn't pass. I was in Lisbon recently and the place has become littered with those shits everywhere in the past two years. It's loving sad.

As long as almost all space is reserved for cars, amirite? No alternative modes of transportation are allowed.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Svensken posted:

What does the hat drink

piss

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

PancakeTransmission posted:

Where do you live that that's not the case?
In most of my jobs in the last 15 years, they've been required, usually for 2+ days. Some had alterations like "doctors note not required if it's only a single sick day tues-thur".

Never had to do it in the UK. What an infantilizing waste of my time and a doctor's time. Imagine doing that in a country where you have to pay to see a doctor lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

new bioshock game looking good

the next game instead of it being some fantastical underwater/floating city it should just be the midwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Truniht posted:

new bioshock game looking good

the next game instead of it being some fantastical underwater/floating city it should just be the midwest

They did the ultra-religious bigotry-infested hyper-patriotic Bioshock. It was a flying city.