Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I missed some of the thread, but what did we agree on regarding eating the rich?

Assuming it's the entirety of the 1% and their lackys thats what 2 per 100 people so there should be plenty to go round.

Slow braised brisket with saffron and sage sauce and gold leaf encrusted baby potatoes okay with everyone?

We should also do some pulled pork hogies for the kids and people who turn up late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
God bless our faceless stormtroopers. They're not real people anyway and also I support are troops.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Rise up and literally cook and eat anyone earning more than $1mil a year*. Sure a few decent people will go down but show me any conflict without collateral damage.

*And anyone defending them.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

EugeneJ posted:

Hope you don't live in Pennsylvania and plan to retire

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiehopkins/2018/07/16/a-new-retirement-risk-unclaimed-property-laws/#4dd1c9ea52b8

Retired and no longer contributing to your retirement account? How dare you!

Your account is now inactive and we're closing it!

Lol. The whole point of mutual funds like vanguard is that you can litterally forget you own stocks with them for a decade and they'll keep taking care of it for you. This is loving outrageous.

Who gets the money when the account closes down?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tetracube posted:

in my ideal future my amazon alexa will know so much about me it will be able to impersonate me on line 24/7 while I spend that time generating capital for my boss

I loving hate Alexa and other smart home poo poo like this.

But if Alexa could absorb and compile enough of my data to do my remote job for me so I can go fishing all day I won't get mad when it orders more fishing gear while I'm out.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I'm going to say something deeply unpopular and suggest that maybe giving profit driven corporations the ability to benefit from the deaths of easily replaceable staff might not be a great idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Corporations taking out death insurance on their employees

also

Corporations discouraging their employees from using health care benefits.

:thunk:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

qkkl posted:

It's actually not a problem because the insurance companies are also profit driven corporations, so they will fight just as ruthlessly to destroy anyone who tries to rip them off with an employee murder insurance scam.

Ah, so this is how the man on the street feels during every superhero smash up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Clawtopsy posted:

howd he get those pants on

How does he reach those back pockets?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bonzo posted:

Company made 5 billion last year and all I got was a candy bar.

Take it down from the inside.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Burt Sexual posted:

My company makes $10b/year, I celebrated my 30th anniversary this year by looking at a form email congratulating me on my milestone. It had Do Not Reply at the bottom for extra love.

You've got a company wide list of emails right?

I'm somewhat surprised people don't copy paste that list over to an anonymous account and spam their fellow employees with calls to storm the board room.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

“Those who engage in violence are irresponsible. Nothing can replace social dialogue,” Emmanuel Macron wrote.

Proven wrong moments earlier:

Olivier Labarre, director of BTI, a human resources consultancy, told Libération newspaper in 2009: “This happens elsewhere, but to my knowledge, taking the boss hostage is typically French. It’s the nature of the social dialogue in our country.”

gently caress yeah. Pity they didn't have time to fire up the grill before the fuzz showed up.

Drone_Fragger posted:

When you see the word "shareholders", you should be mentally reading that as "parasites".

Not gonna lie, I looked at amazon's 5year stock performance, looked at what they've got in the works regarding warehousing and pharmacutial mergers and I think I'll be buying some stock. Might as well give myself a win win. If they crumble, good. If they go up, well good for me.

I'd still applaud the warehouse worker who throws a board member off the roof.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Thanks to the China.jpg threads I don't trust a single statistic about China unless its based on measurements taken by someone with no past or present interaction with China or their government.

So I assume that wage number is about a quarter of what they say it is.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fleetwood Crack posted:

got a link? sounds like something I'd be into reading. TIA

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863754&pagenumber=3

Worth it for the plungerman's posts alone.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

I mean what worthless parasite would actually pretend to have sympathies for workers and immediately turn around and consider buying Amazon stock? Surely nobody here!

It's me. I'm the worthless parasite who's sick of being poor.

I'll still join the revolution tho, no dividends can sait my lust for thick rich blood.

Do shareholders get to vote on increasing wages for employees and poo poo?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

No. Is that real?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Smack that bitch with the ladder and grab the rope, halfway there buddy!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

cryingindian.jpg

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jack Trades posted:

The marketing campaign for the new season of Black Mirror is looking good.

This is a real loving thing. What

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

How broken do you have to be to be okay with personally drowning a turtle in a plastic bag? Buying it because you want to see an animal suffer is almost better than not even computing that what you're doing is bad.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ate all the Oreos posted:

That thing was stamped out in a factory too, somewhere in china there is a machine specifically for sealing turtles in bubbles.

Somewhere in china there's facility dedicated to mass breeding baby turtles specifically to suffocate, die and be thrown out shortly after purchase. No other reason for existing.

Kinda like how our overlords view us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

shut up blegum posted:

If I saw that on a market somewhere I'd buy them all and try to set them free.

And then they would still die in like a week because they're probably all hosed up from getting stuffed in a small plastic bag.

"Demand is up! Better order twice as much now."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Preach on brother

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Screaming Idiot posted:

If I could justify the guilt of taking human life I would happily take as many of these white-collar criminal fucks with me as possible when I exit.

:eng101: There's nothing to justify friendo, parasites aren't people.

Scary! posted:

This an artful twist of history, I’ll give them that much

https://mobile.twitter.com/songmuddywater/status/1021500436539498501

Oh, so Unions are the result of capitalist forces and are therefore good? Sweet!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Screaming Idiot posted:

This is how they think. They think the poor are parasites and that there is nothing wrong with starving them, mistreating them, and exploiting them. Billionaires and their bootlicking sycophantic criminal allies are human, whether we like it or not, and to think of them as anything less than human is to absolve them of guilt. They are not the other -- they are us, human beings, and should be held to the same standard.

Ok so we treat them like humans and guillotine them individually instead of shoveling them into industrial fryers?

Maybe we can automate the judges and rig up some kind of conveyer system for the blades.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The original picture someone said "cryingindian.jpg" to that started this all was taken in Mumbai

gently caress I'm glad someone got what I thought was very obvious.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I guess this goes in this thread. Let's pretend for a second that I'm very dim. How do mega corps post huge profits and make payouts to shareholders and at the same time not pay any taxes? Like what's the rationale here?

E:

Not the legal stuff, I mean what's the rationale for the masses not rising up and curb stomping the board of directors until they make sure the company pays their fair?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Is this a smart home thing?

Why would you invite a cash obsessed amoral HAL into your home?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

You can turn your lights off...

from around the globe!

Big deal, my electric company can do that without a fancy gadget.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I live in a place where everyone shrugged their shoulders when the government sold the utilities off, and prices have risen 600-800% in about 15 years. But now everyone is making GBS threads their pants because the new government put a 5% tax on it.

A pic went viral a little while ago of a dude getting charged an UNACCEPTABLE $4 of tax on his utility bill, but then totally glosses over the $80 "delivery" fee.

The gently caress.

Has anyone asked them to justify the delivery? Does a man in a funny hat personally deliver baskets of electrons like an old timey milkman?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Spatial posted:

Gotta be part of the future! The future where your wifi-enabled door handle stops working because of a botched over-the-air update

Purchase the 'midnight til dawn' dlc for after hours access to your own property.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Skeleton King posted:

[REDACTED]

[milky toast edit]I won’t support antifa until I see them build a guillotine. Beating up a bunch of retarded nobodies changes nothing.[/milky toast edit]

Preach on brother

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

This is so stupidly, brilliantly dumb.

Well I hate this thing, and I hate that thing. So this thing is that thing.

Example: Chuds are Facists!

Oh wait

e: Stale coffee is mosquito bites!

nailed it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Because God is a loving rear end in a top hat and nobody should love him.

Two Jehovahs and their kid knocked on my door yesterday and I tried to convince them that God was a reprehensible piece of poo poo for various reasons. One of them was honestly pretty good at trying to shut down my arguments but the other was getting real salty before they decided I was unsalvagable.

I'd feel bad but 45 minutes wasting their time was 45 minutes of someone elses time saved so it's basically community service.

Anyway that's my story thanks for listening.

Jimmy Hats posted:

If we get a venusian atmosphere we'll all evolve into sexy babes

I don't have any numbers but I suspect the women who buy into the women being venusians pop culture biotruth psychology are not sexy space ladies.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

That’s 45 minutes of wasted productivity! You’re fired!

I work from home. They saved you idiots 45 minutes of my shitposting so really everyone was a winner.

Except the poor kid who has to spend their summer holidays listing to idiot adults arguing over theological minutiae.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Did you at least tip your fedora at them politely as they left

Fair enough.

I don't see many male Jehovahs going door to door but they almost always wear a well tailored suit with a nice fedora type hat.

So in this case religious fundies 1, neckbeard atheists 0.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jimmy Hats posted:

U seem like a 'real gem'

Yeah it was pretty lovely thing to do to someone who just wanted to talk. I'm a terrible person.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jimmy Hats posted:

I mean they prolly see it as a training thing so lthe argument part is fine. The 'hehe I sure wssted their time :smuggo:' attitude can prolly be dialed back just a tad.

God bless

Not really. Tying up them up at my door means they have less time to prey on vulnerable people who are at a low point in their lives. After seeing a friend with depression disappear down that route I feel it's a decent use of my time.

Not literally tying them up, just figuratively.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I single use cotton bags and toss them in the trash. Best of both worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Imagine that, people don't want to go out for full price food every work day. Incredible.

I bet companies and employees would love to jump on board if the restaurant can provide food at the same prices.

Whats that? They can't? Wierd.