Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

ate all the Oreos posted:

There was also a long streak of ~funny prank~ donations a while ago (hell they're probably still going on) where someone would "donate" like $20,000 to a nobody twitch streamer using a credit card, they'd get all emotional and start crying because finally they can pay off some of their crushing debt or w/e, thinking some eccentric millionaire just saved their lives, and then the funny prankster would reverse it / cancel it.

Ha ha, you thought you could be free of your debt slavery and then livestreamed your hopes and dreams being crushed, funy prank

The funniest prank of all was during that time Paypal stopped letting people who did that frequently cancel the charge. I think some idiot was on the hook for ~$10k that couldn't be cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Lactose Is Wack posted:

My company has a health insurance meeting every year and over the past two years they have been trying to encourage new employees who are "younger" (this is never specified), to enroll in these ludicrous high deductible plans, instead of the traditional plan which is actually pretty good. The difference is literally an extra 400 dollars per year, it is laughable.

They also brought in a local charity this year to talk to a room of all full time employees, the least senior of which probably has 8 years with the company, about topics such as: enrolling in food stamps, getting help with your rent, money for various legal troubles, community medical services.

Yeah, my company has a strong full coverage option for $80/month for singles, or they have a HSA based lovely coverage option for $50/month. I have no idea who would sign up for the lovely one, but they keep offering it year over year.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
:capitalism:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

The monstrous roof arrangements on McMansions always make me wanna puke, can't the idiots making them at least build something that doesn't look like toddler's first go at building a house in The Sims

I always laugh when I see ridiculous roof layouts because you know with the lovely build quality of those that the roof will be leaking at every joint and need major repair in a few years.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
The last time I flew overseas was for work. They stuck me in coach in the 4th row from the back of the plane. It was simultaneously two layers of hell as they had a fish option both meals and ran out of the other on the way back. The flight was Detroit to Shanghai at 13 hours. The flight back I got bumped to the slightly less poo poo seats between coach and 1st class which was miles better. and I got to actually eat instead of just drink.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

bag em and tag em posted:

The only chud in my family who totally hates all the dirty libs just wanting hand outs lives on disability after a work injury

My parents love Trump, hate anyone on welfare, and both work for the government and are in unions. They can't see the irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

i am harry posted:

i would play a captain planet game that was like those prototype games where you just fly around destroying human infrastructure and humans until the world is cleaned of us

So you want a game based on Don Cheadle's Captain Planet?